Ati Catalyst 8.10 is out

thanks, i'll dl tonight. anybody already running these? any improvements?

Just an FYI, these are the exact same as the drivers that leaked a couple days ago.

Someone post results, I had a hell of a time the last catalyst release. I won't be upgrading untill I know its worth it.

Smooth upgrade from 8.8 to 8.10 in Ubuntu 64-bit. Still have video glitches (video flickers when windowed - fullscreen works fine, at least in Compiz). Flash acceleration works fine now, though (using Flash 10)

No idea if performance improved, though, as I didn't benchmark before I upgraded, oops :D

Will upgrade my Vista install to 8.10s from 8.8s later tonight

really? got a screenshot comparison? might be a placebo effect (not calling you out or anything just genuinely interested).

No screenshot but I think the texture looks richer, before this it looks a bit washed out.

fixed my idle issue. now both cards idle at 160core 500mem :)

EDIT:

where @ ?

fancontroltt8.jpg

i guess since my fan is controlled via rivatuner it doesnt display that...?

The manual fan control speed I take it is completely manual? meaning, if I set it at 50%, it will be 50% all the time - under full load or idle?

For some reason I don't have the manual fan speed controls...

Was really hoping for this because my 2nd 3870x2's fan never really kicks in...

Is there any SW way to lower the default 2D speeds, or is that still something that can only done with changing the firmware?

Are you saying the powerplay is working now?

no my issue was that both of my cards with the msi bios no matter what configuration the first card would idle 500/750 and the other 160/500

no my issue was that both of my cards with the msi bios no matter what configuration the first card would idle 500/750 and the other 160/500

arh, i thought you were using 4870, it looks like the memory still does not downclock yet;)

fuck that scared me. the first time I uninstalled my old drivers, restarted, ran driver sweeper, and went to install, the install manager said I was missing a .dll and didn't install the driver.

I uninstalled everything again, didn't run the sweeper this time, and redid the installation. everything seems to be working fine now.

it actually has an ATI system tray icon too, instead of that ugly rainbow thing

looks like the temperature is a couple degrees hotter than it was before :wtf: despite my fan apparently defaulting to 60%

Just bought my 4850 and these drivers confuse the hell outta me. I assume my 4850 downclocks in Windows environment to 500gpu and 993mem until the horsepower is needed? I upgraded from a 7600gs so I can actually play games now and want to get the most out of this card.

anyone with crossfire 4850's try these yet. I have been getting error messages with the 8.7's and 8.8's saying that the driver didn't install properly. I can then restart the computer and the drivers work fine.

8.10's fix this?

8.10 doesn't play blu-ray(both disc and HDD) on my machine, went back to 8.9 and works great like before. Oh well....waiting for 8.11...

4850CF here, have had issues with the last few drivers. MOM.implementation errors etc. Googling it leads me to believe it is a .net framework issue, so I am uninstalling and resinstalling all ATi and .net software.

4850CF here, have had issues with the last few drivers. MOM.implementation errors etc. Googling it leads me to believe it is a .net framework issue, so I am uninstalling and resinstalling all ATi and .net software.

Tip of the Day ...If you already have Net2.0 and or with the Net 2.0Sp1 update DO NOT INSTALL Net 2.0 when installing CATALYST..You wil get net erros as it rewrites the NET 2.0...That is why you recieve MOM and DMAG errors....After many months ive finally discovered that out...

So if you already have NET 2.0 do not update it with Net 2.0 Bundled in Catalyst..Do a (Custom Install) and uncheck Net 2.0;)

This works for 8.3cat and higher..Even all Beta's ,,ive tested them all just to make shure.

8.10 beta and the offical can get6 corrupted if you install Net 2.0 from Catalyst and its already on your system.
(Incase you installed Catalyst with Net 2.0 and it no longer works)MoM error or No CCC

The fix is to Repair Windows or Fresh install....That is the only way to get rid of the error once you have seeing you cant uninstall a corrupted Net 2.0..You have to repair or fresh install.

I don't see the HD 4670 listed. I have to admit this is a pain in the rear. They should not release new cards with crappy drivers like that. I had to order an 8800GS because of that crap.

EDIT: Whoops, lol, it's not in the main page but in the release notes.

I don't see the HD 4670 listed. I have to admit this is a pain in the rear. They should not release new cards with crappy drivers like that. I had to order an 8800GS because of that crap.

I feel your pain,, I run both ATI and Nvidia.. I use Nvidia 9800GTX+for DVi on another PC which had my 3870x2 in it and will not output the DVI even with supported BIOS...I even tried the whole COrrupted EDID thing and i can run other ATi's 2900 and 4870 with DVI on same Mobo,, 3870 /4850 wont output and ATi's have not the best DVI support ATM.

P.S. 8.10 WHQL ive noticed has no Net 2.0 for XP 32bit..
I guess they finnally figured it was causing 99%all teh errors when people would for get to not INSTALL if it was already on thier system:D

ok let me see if i am understanding you correctly, i just upgraded to the 8.10 and it will not load the cards drivers, and no CCC. What is the solution format and reinstall windows. I have vista 32bit, and 2 visiontek 4850's

please inform

Yeah I don't know bout some of you folks but I am noticing that Crysis Warhead runs a bit smoother. I noticed 35-40fps which aint too shabby especially at 1920x1200 and all gamer settings with no AA

Back