• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI a takeover target?

number69 said:
I wouldn't care enough to laugh actually.

Well it matters to me. ATi motivated nVidia to make things like the NV40 and G70. Without ATi, nVidia would be a lot more expensive and probably not as powerful at this point in time. So you gotta have one with the other, despite how you feel about the products of one of them.

I personally have never felt the need to buy an ATi product, as they've never had anything decent at the price point I buy at each upgrade, but their existance allows nVidia to be motivated to satisfy market niches like the one I seem to belong to.
 
I was breaking balls.

Seriously, I don't think ATI is going anywhere. Nvidia buying them wouldn't be good.
 
Lol no worries. I think I would just be pissed at the computer industry if that happened!
 
It would be inevitable that a new company would be born out of the brightest and most creative minds of both companies who , i suspect would flee the impending beaurocracy that would result in such a merger.

So no worries.................It would be a good thing
 
While I do not doubt that another company would come along, it would be awhile till they catch up with Nvidia especialy if they owned ATi.
 
I wish IBM, Microsoft, Apple, nVidia, VIA, AMD, intel, ATi, ULi, SiS, Toshiba, Samsung, Micron, Infineon, and Hyundai just merged. The stock value on THAT would rock for sure. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top