ATI 4870s @ EGG!

Nice. I haven't been ATi since my 9800XT, but these are looking awful tempting. I'll probably wait for the 1GB-ers.

plus you could return these to BB stores if needed (which, if/when the wifey sees the CC bill might come in handy)

Newegg charges tax for CA, TN, and NJ. NY gets charged tax for all online purchase, and DE has no sales tax. If you're from any of these states, then the BB link is a better deal period.

If you want the BB return policy, then it's a better deal no matter where you live.

Newegg charges tax for CA, TN, and NJ. NY gets charged tax for all online purchase, and DE has no sales tax. If you're from any of these states, then the BB link is a better deal period.

If you want the BB return policy, then it's a better deal no matter where you live.

good points, basically get it from wherever you feel comfortable, there arnt any killer deals for this card yet.

Doesn't BB still have the retarded 15% restocking fee?

Update: Nevermind, guess it doesn't apply to video cards:

Restocking fee
A restocking fee of 15% will be charged on opened notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS navigation and in-car video systems unless defective or prohibited by law. A restocking fee of 25% will be charged on Special Order Products, including appliances unless defective or prohibited by law.

Doesn't BB still have the retarded 15% restocking fee?

not if its deffective... right? I thought its 30 days no questions asked return. If anything can yo get a replacement and then return the fully sealed replacement? I think the 15% is only for money refund on opened products.

dont quote me on that though.

Which company seems to have the best warranty? I hear people moan about Sapphire from time to time. I didn't have any problems with my Sapphire 9800Pro back in the day, so I don't know about their RMA process.

What about HIS? Powercolor? Can't find any warranty information on their websites (HIS site doesn't even work).

Sapphire I see has a 2 year warranty: http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/support/warranty.php

Little tid bit I can see on Google under the HIS page, even though the page 404s on me.
All HIS graphic cards carry one year warranty. For more warranty information, you can contact your local retailer or regional distributor.
http://www.hisdigital.com/html/support.htm

I grabbed a Power color and I think I got the last one. BestBuy wanted 324.95 after tax so Newegg was cheaper. Power Color any good?

I grabbed a Power color and I think I got the last one. BestBuy wanted 324.95 after tax so Newegg was cheaper. Power Color any good?

Yes, I have a PowerColor X800Pro PCI-E in a secondary rig and it's been going strong for the past 3 years now.

<edit> All 3 cards are now showing out of stock.

They sold out quick!

It looks like two of 'em are in stock on the listing page, but once u click them you find that they're all out of stock now.

They sold out quick!

It looks like two of 'em are in stock on the listing page, but once u click them you find that they're all out of stock now.

As soon as I purchased my Power Color I went back and saw it sold out..... that was CLOSE :D

heh, that WAS quick.

4850 = 800 stream processors at 625 MHz stock, 1900 MHz (give or take) GDDR3 mem
4870 = 800 stream processors at 750 MHz stock, 1800MHz (give or take) GDDR5 mem
Any other differences?

Seems like the 4850 at 175 after rebates is a better deal. Is the 125 MHz and the GDDR5 really worth an extra 75% in price?

BB

4850 is 1900MHz or so effective

4870 is 3600 Mhz effective memory... big difference

The 4870 makes more of a difference at 1920 resolution and higher. You need the extra bandwidth on the memory.

Thanks much. I guess I coulda done my own research, but its easier asking you guys. :D

BB

haha the sad part is some Grand Ma would probably walk into best buy with a list saying to get a 4870 for $299, see that it's unavailable and assume that the X800 Pro is a better card since it's $30 more... Strange world we live in haha.

I know, that's precisely what I was just thinking. People frequently shop equating price to quality. I think it's funny but it also pisses me off at the same time.

Not all web sites charge New York residents sales tax on items bought. Some of the bigger e-tailers have been doing so, though.

Not all web sites charge New York residents sales tax on items bought. Some of the bigger e-tailers have been doing so, though.

They're all required to.

The requirement just went into effect. It won't be long before the vast majority are brought into line.

Back