ASUS RMA is up

flat out not true....as long as ur debit card has a visa/mc emblem on it, all transactions are processed as credit provided u use it as one. You are covered by the same fraud issues as a normal CC through mastercard or visa. The only difference is a hold holds your cash, since u dont have credit to hold.

A debit card CANNOT be used as a debit card without the PIN.

If anyone EVER asks you for your pin, run...that should never happen. Its only used at point of sale on a keypad...never anywhere else, and no one should ever ask you for it, because there isnt anything they can do with it...legally....

you are spreading FUD. cut it out.

Just wanted to reply to this comment. I don't use debit cards online anymore because a debit card was compromised and my checking account was completely cleared out as a result. Then, Wells Fargo jerked themselves off for months while I sat there and waited like a good little boy to get my money back.

Bottom line? Debit card money is YOUR money. Banks don't give two shits about YOUR money. Credit cards? Credit card money is THEIR money. They care about THEIR money.
I've had one fraudulent charge attempted on a credit card since. I immediately got a phone call about the fraudulent attempt within minutes of it happening and then charge never even went through. Talk about a world of difference.

Sorry, but if you use a debit card online -- you are tarded.

In response to the thread though -- is Asus allowing upgrades? Ie, Pro to a Sabertooth? I'm very leery of RMAing my board as I am happy with my current OC and don't want to get a dud board in return...But, I am rapidly running out of storage space and my next drive will have to be on the 3g ports..

What the hell is this 1999? Fax? Seriously? I don't even own a scanner, god this is annoying!

What the hell is this 1999? Fax? Seriously? I don't even own a scanner, god this is annoying!

Well, if you print anything at all and I assume everyone does at one time or another, maybe it's a good thing to own an All-in-One OfficeJet, even a cheapy one does the job.

Just wanted to reply to this comment. I don't use debit cards online anymore because a debit card was compromised and my checking account was completely cleared out as a result. Then, Wells Fargo jerked themselves off for months while I sat there and waited like a good little boy to get my money back.

Bottom line? Debit card money is YOUR money. Banks don't give two shits about YOUR money. Credit cards? Credit card money is THEIR money. They care about THEIR money.
I've had one fraudulent charge attempted on a credit card since. I immediately got a phone call about the fraudulent attempt within minutes of it happening and then charge never even went through. Talk about a world of difference.

In response to the thread though -- is Asus allowing upgrades? Ie, Pro to a Sabertooth? I'm very leery of RMAing my board as I am happy with my current OC and don't want to get a dud board in return...But, I am rapidly running out of storage space and my next drive will have to be on the 3g ports..

again, not true..i use my debit card online all the time...ive had several fraudulent charges over the years and ive got EVERY ONE back..

more fud for the paranoid...

What's the turn around time on the Advanced RMA? I don't have a CC but I do have a debit card I could possibly use but I can't have funds on hold for too long.

This is good advice. I used to work for that bank in the Risk/Fraud dept. You have 60 days to dispute a charge, just like a credit card. You are right its a bigger kick in the nuts when fraud happens because your liquid account gets drained as opposed to the credit limit being maxed out. It takes a bit of time to research and investigate all the while they put your account on frozen status. You do get your money back (at least all the legit cases I worked did) but its more inconvenience than getting fraud charges on a cc.
I never use debit unless I really have to like (utility payments etc).

Sure thousands of people use debit to buy things online all the time without a hiccup. I'll just say working at a job like that changes your views really fast.

Last edited:
again, not true..i use my debit card online all the time...ive had several fraudulent charges over the years and ive got EVERY ONE back..

more fud for the paranoid...

Several fraudulent charges over the years is not the same as thousands of dollars being removed from your primary checking for, up to, months at a time while a "resolution" is determined as opposed to a max'd out credit card which, really, does you no harm until the situation is figured out.

If you honestly believe that having no liquid assets is "fud" -- then keep on trucking with the debit card champ.

Looks like I shall be receiving my mobo tomorrow according to the fedex tracking page. I still havent received a email though...

Mine still says You have reqeusted RMA no. for the machines below; however, they have not been received by us.

I sent mine in on Thursday

did you receive a full retail box with all accessories and manual inside? and how is it compare to your old board in terms of performance and overclocking? any issue at all?

I'm not the person you replied to, but I also received my new board today. I faxed in my form on March 2, received an RMA number on March 3, and it was shipped 2-day that same day.

It came in identical packaging as my old retail purchase, including all accessories. Q-Connectors, SLI bridge, SATA cables, IO Shield, USB 3.0 Bracket.

As a thrown-in (I think someone's mentioned this), there was also a small retail box with HS-101 in-ear phones. There's an in-line Mic with them, as well.

Lastly, unlike most other FedEx deliveries I've had which were coded as "Indirect Signature Required" and thus meaning my leasing office staff could sign for the package, this is "Direct Signature Required" which means someone at the delivery address MUST sign for it. Just a heads up since it caught me off guard and I ended up driving to their facility to pick it up after I got the dreaded "Delivery Exception" notice on my tracking :(

I literally just got home with it, however, so I can't comment on your question about performance.

I did the advanced RMA and I got the email from Fedex that allows me to print the label for the return, but I have yet to receive an email showing me that a new board is on the way even though the RMA page shows everything is complete. Again, I did an Advanced RMA, they charged my card, but no tracking info on the new board. If I have to sign for it, it would be nice to know when it will show up.

On a side note, hopefully my new board does not give me problems like my current one. Just spent three hours trying to get a CF setup to work and if I did nit have the card just right in the slot it would not boot with video. Hopefully the new board will be good, otherwise it will be back to x58.

Edit: I never received the email for the new board tracking, but if you go to Asus website and put the RMA info in, you can get the tracking info there. Mine will be here tomorrow. Good thing I am off.

Last edited:
Received my board today. Full retail package. Plus they gave a pair of Asus HS-101 headphones as compensation for my time. Just got done swapping out the boards and so far so good.

I'm sorry, but I think you're just talking out of your rear end.

I made a large dollar charge on my DEBIT card, from a place I had never ordered from previously, and my bank CALLED ME within an HOUR, asking if I had placed that charge, I told them yes, and everything went through.

There was also a case when my card was compromised, and a few charges appeared from stores across the country. Bank called me within an hour. Also instructed me to call the vendors. End result: no money was ever taken out of my account; just the original holds were released after a few days. And a new card was issued.

So please don't run around spreading FUD out of your rear end.
The service you get all depends on your bank. Some of them actually care about keeping their customers happy, and security.

Maybe you shouldn't use Wells Fargo? Heard alot of shit about them, anyway.

The only thing you said that was true, is that credit is THEIR money, so its a lot easier for them to get their money back (and have you liable for nothing) than for them to get your money back.

I'm not the person you replied to, but I also received my new board today. I faxed in my form on March 2, received an RMA number on March 3, and it was shipped 2-day that same day.

It came in identical packaging as my old retail purchase, including all accessories. Q-Connectors, SLI bridge, SATA cables, IO Shield, USB 3.0 Bracket.

As a thrown-in (I think someone's mentioned this), there was also a small retail box with HS-101 in-ear phones. There's an in-line Mic with them, as well.

Lastly, unlike most other FedEx deliveries I've had which were coded as "Indirect Signature Required" and thus meaning my leasing office staff could sign for the package, this is "Direct Signature Required" which means someone at the delivery address MUST sign for it. Just a heads up since it caught me off guard and I ended up driving to their facility to pick it up after I got the dreaded "Delivery Exception" notice on my tracking :(

I literally just got home with it, however, so I can't comment on your question about performance.

thx alot for the info:) i'll make sure someone's home these few days to accept the package then. and good luck with the new board. pls share some performance/oc results after you play around with it:D

One last thing about FedEx Direct Signature...you also can't simply wait for the delivery exception to get a door tag, and then sign the tag to release the package. That type of signature release is invalid for this particular delivery option (my driver actually wrote "VOID" in the box).

I transferred my old UEFI settings to the new v1305 that the motherboard came with. Windows didn't initially boot successfully, I had to run the boot repair from the Win7 DVD. Once inside windows, it spent a good 5 minutes of time installing all the devices. I had to reactivate via phone, which was a bearable pain.

I haven't been able to play with the OC ramifications of the new board/UEFI since TurboV EVO in the AI Suite is currently missing the CPU Ratio tab in advanced mode....I'll either work on troubleshooting that issue, or go through the hassle of tweaking via UEFI and rebooting over and over.

To all those who have received their boards, did they come updated with the latest BIOS?

Received my board and installed it today. No probs, full retail version just like everyone else is getting. BIOS version is 1305.

To all those who have received their boards, did they come updated with the latest BIOS?

I did get my board but have not swapped it out yet, (will do it saturday) but from what I have read in other threads it does come with the latest bios version.

Still waiting. My still shows cc in progress. Sent my cc info last Thursday......

One last thing about FedEx Direct Signature...you also can't simply wait for the delivery exception to get a door tag, and then sign the tag to release the package. That type of signature release is invalid for this particular delivery option (my driver actually wrote "VOID" in the box).

Strange, my driver released it with a sig tag.

This is frustrating. Is there any number that I can call to them?

I still haven't received an email or phone call from Asus, however my new board showed up today via Fed-Ex. I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do with the old board, they haven't told me a thing.

This is just odd. Maybe they want my $210 for not getting the board back to them, though they have given me no way to do it. Serious process issues on their part. They did toss in some free headphones, lol

Yeah its retarded I emailed them 7 days and no ema. And people already installed there replacement`s

Yeah its retarded I emailed them 7 days and no ema. And people already installed there replacement`s

Yep, I am done with Asus. Sent email on 3/2 and they sent an email yesterday about sending out the MB. Yet I am still waiting. Now I am in limbo because NewEgg says they can send me the MB but Asus says they are sending it. You know I have purchased the G73jh laptop, countless MB's, two 24" monitors, etc. Total bullcrap. Too many other manufacturers out there. I'm done. If I don't hear from them tomorrow I am sending this MB to NewEgg for a refund and buying an MSI.

Yep, I am done with Asus. Sent email on 3/2 and they sent an email yesterday about sending out the MB. Yet I am still waiting. Now I am in limbo because NewEgg says they can send me the MB but Asus says they are sending it. You know I have purchased the G73jh laptop, countless MB's, two 24" monitors, etc. Total bullcrap. Too many other manufacturers out there. I'm done. If I don't hear from them tomorrow I am sending this MB to NewEgg for a refund and buying an MSI.

Why dont you just check to see if it's been shipped or whatever? Goto that website given in a few pages back on here and itll show your rma# if you've been issued one and show the fedex #, thats what I did and saw my board was shipped yesterday. I just received it today.

What I didnt receive was any emails with a fedex slip to apply to the package back to them or any other instructions so I'm like now what, what do I send back to them? I feel like keeping all the accessories and just sending the board but who knows...

In the words of the pedophile guy from Family Guy this is really startin to piss me off.

I just got an email saying my CC info is invalid; my form matches my cc info perfectly. It took them what 4 days to tell me this?? I called and waited for 20 minutes and the guy who answered told me there's nothing he can do I just can resubmit the form again.

L A M E.

they posted the serial # of my new replacement mobo last saturday. but still haven't shipped it out yet as of today:(

Thanks for the info guys, the boards with the original bios was incompatible with my RAM kits. Hopefully I shouldn't have any problems. I faxed my forms in yesterday evening how long should it take for me to get an RMA number?

Why dont you just check to see if it's been shipped or whatever? Goto that website given in a few pages back on here and itll show your rma# if you've been issued one and show the fedex #, thats what I did and saw my board was shipped yesterday. I just received it today.

What I didnt receive was any emails with a fedex slip to apply to the package back to them or any other instructions so I'm like now what, what do I send back to them? I feel like keeping all the accessories and just sending the board but who knows...

I have gone to that site and it was stuck on RMA# issued. Funny, after my last post I went on the site again and now it says "ready for shipping". If I can get the MB by the weekend I will be happy. Fingers crossed.
I am frustrated and am over reacting. Given the number of returns that have to be processed, I happened to be one of the few that have fallen thru the proverbial cracks. I can only imagine the complexity of this return for Asus.

my replacement mobo was finally shipped out today (tuesday):D but 'm jealous. why all of you guys get over night or 2nd day shipping, while i get the slowest saver shipping? it's just a little more than an hour drive from their warehouse to my house. but fedex scheduled the deliver day to friday. that's 3 days:( i could literally walk over there and back in 3 days:rolleyes:

Back