Asus rebate scam

fsh42na

[H]ard|Gawd
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post my little rant against Asus and their rebates

Back in March I purchased an Asus Blu ray burner from Tigerdirect. Within a week of receiving the drive, I submitted my rebate online and received a "tracking number". Two months goes by and I went online to check on the status. I was shocked to see that it was "denied". No reason given. I get on the phone to speak to their rebate center and was told that the denial occurred because the invoice number was already used?! I told the CSR that this was incorrect. I only purchased the one item and did not use it for any rebate submission yet. She said it probably was an input error on their end and said she would forward my case to a manager who would get back to me within 6 business days. Two weeks later, no call back or email so I call them again.
This time I'm told that they have no record of my submission and there is nothing they can do!! I complain to the CSR that their system is wrong since I have a the tracking number in hand. Once again I'm told that my case will be forwarded to a manager and will get a call back in 6 business days. Guess what? No call back or email. Once again I call them back and am told that there is no record of my submission. Getting seriously pissed now. I ask them if there is no record of my submission, why am I able to go online to "asusmyrebates" and see that my status is still denied? They couldn't answer this. When I last spoke to them about 2 wks ago, the CSR went online and acknowledged that there was a record of my submission. He stated that their computer system had gone through an upgrade and this probably led to my submission being deleted. I'm thinking, yes! Finally, gonna get somewhere! Once again I'm told a manager will call/ email me within 6 business days.
Guess what? 2 weeks later - NOTHING!

I've just about given up! The rebate is for $20. Think my time is worth more. It's just the principle that pisses me off. At this time, I'm gonna "protest" by posting my rant AND refusing to buy any ASUS products anymore (which is a shame since their mobos are pretty damn good). I recently bought about 1K worth of Gigabyte and MSI mobos!!

Thanks for reading my rant and remember to NOT expect Asus to come through on a rebate for you. Their CS for rebates suck!

Apologies for digging up an old post but I wanted to make others aware that asus has not mailed rebates on 6 graphics cards I purchased through me and friends. All rebates were meticulous filled out and photographed including address and postage on the envelope. All rebates were approved by asus and received by them according to their tracking site. It seems they just never bothered to mail the checks. The phone number and FAQ at https://asus.4myrebate.com/Claim/FindaRebate is useless. Its now been 5.5 months since rebates were approved. Checks should have been mailed in 5-10 weeks. I could see if one or maybe two got lost in the mail but not all 6. If asus is offering rebates be aware they may decide to keep your money. For anyone wanting to take legal action against asus here is a site I found. I won't be buying any more products from asus unless I get my rebate money and I won't be buying any of their products based on rebate pricing ever again.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/consumerism/rebate_madness04.html

thanks for posting this. That nonsense is unacceptable. I will no longer buy asus products either just on the principal even though they haven't screwed me (or have they? I submitted a rebate 5 months ago, can't remember if I ever got it....)

I had a similar issue where I bought an ASUS GPU this summer and the rebate check (prepaid card actually) just arrived two weeks ago.., so you guys who've been waiting several months, maybe it'll still show up.

Also, I'm pretty sure it is a third party that processes these rebates, not Asus. I say this because I also received rebate checks from powercolor and gigabyte cards I bought around the same time. All the checks (prepaid cards) came from the same company, and they all took at least a good 6 months to get here...

I haven't had issues, but I haven't bought anything from TD in a long time. Newegg "4myrebate" items have all gone through for me (even Asus).

Dunno why I said checks, seems they're all cards now. For reference I received all EVGA and MSI rebates on time.

I had a similar issue where I bought an ASUS GPU this summer and the rebate check (prepaid card actually) just arrived two weeks ago.., so you guys who've been waiting several months, maybe it'll still show up.

I hope so, I'm a serious penny pincher.

Finally got my rebate after reading about someone emailing them and it worked. Calling is useless, apparently they only send it out to people who email them and complain about not getting their rebates. Hope this helps others.

Back