ASUS OR DFI???

I vote for whoever has better RMA service. In the span of 4 months DFI has sent me 2 replacement P965-S boards both of which arrived broken (the second of which I had to put up on Youtube so they'd believe me). it's now 5 months after the initial RMA and no resolution in sight.

I've already gone as high up the chain of command as I'm going to get and filed a BBB report. Next up is mailing the Attorney General and possibly small claims.

So I guess that makes my vote "Asus" ;)

Been playing with the DFI P35 for a about 3 weeks. Found a template for the bios using an Intel 8400 and this is fast becoming my fav. Board runs 4ghz all day.
Only had 1 Asus that drove me insane. I have had really good luck with some Gigabyte boards and I would recommend them any day

Loving mine so far. My only gripe is the closeness of the memory clips to my GPU. Other than that, it's keeping my Q6600 stable at 3.6 on air ;) I'll upgrade to the Q9450 in a month or so. I have high expectations for it as well.

Could they get the mem clips any closer? With today's cases maybe they could make the MoBo just a
little bigger. There seem to be plenty of room on the back side..

I am looking into this board (DK X38) how is everyones performing?

Are you getting the same overclocks as your previous board?

The 4 phase vs 8 phase has me worried but i am hoping it's only seen with high clock on quad cores which i won't be getting until the intergrate the memory controller. (FSB must be a huge bottleneck with 4 cores). I know i still see performance increases when going up in fsb with my conroe and it only has 2 cores.

It looks like i will be buying this dk soon....

I am looking into this board (DK X38) how is everyones performing?

Are you getting the same overclocks as your previous board?

The 4 phase vs 8 phase has me worried but i am hoping it's only seen with high clock on quad cores which i won't be getting until the intergrate the memory controller. (FSB must be a huge bottleneck with 4 cores). I know i still see performance increases when going up in fsb with my conroe and it only has 2 cores.

It looks like i will be buying this dk soon....

My next board

P45_DFI_P45-T2R_01.jpg

I'm wary of the 4 phase on the x38 and p35. Good news is the p45 will have a smaller MCH process and require less voltage.

Finally a new board that doesn't have any kind of stock watercooling. I'm waiting to build a brand new system and was getting worried seeing the Asus 790i and EVGA Dreadnaught both with built in w/c. Hopefully we'll be seeing more new mb over the next few days.

I'm on an ASUS M2N-SLI Delux right now and I really like it. I wish it had more overclocking options, though-- but I'm really liking the automatic overclock in the BIOS. I got my 4800+ 10% overclocked running 2.64ghz. it's not too good, but not too shabby for an overlock setting that came with the BIOS

I never thought I'd say this, but... I think my next motherboard is going to be a Foxconn. (As in, by choice, not for budget reasons...) Their Quantum Force series is looking [H]ardcore.

Finally a new board that doesn't have any kind of stock watercooling. I'm waiting to build a brand new system and was getting worried seeing the Asus 790i and EVGA Dreadnaught both with built in w/c. Hopefully we'll be seeing more new mb over the next few days.

dreadnaught is a foxconn.

Looking forward to the dreadnaught myself. The BIOS is likely to be the same features you'd find in Blackops but tailored for the 790i.

Not a huge fan of the heatpipe to waterblock combo but that will be a "wait and see" sort of thing to know for sure.

guys.. the new EVGA 750i FTW looks good.. its at the same price range ast the DFI DK X38 .. i am so much looking for a comparison between those 2, but is never to be found..

750i ftw from evga is made for overclocking ... its better than 780i .. and only difference between 750i ftw and 790i is , 790i is DDR3 and supports 3way SLI ... 750i FTW = DDR2 and does Normal 2 card SLI , only thing with the 750i is, it has 4 sata connectors.. other than that, its kind of a really good and solid board

Asus needs some love.. I'll give my vote to ASUS, I've been using them for years now and it always works out for me, no RMA needed ever :)

I never thought I'd say this, but... I think my next motherboard is going to be a Foxconn. (As in, by choice, not for budget reasons...) Their Quantum Force series is looking [H]ardcore.

Hold your tongue..Hold your tongue ..lol :)

I vote for whoever has better RMA service. In the span of 4 months DFI has sent me 2 replacement P965-S boards both of which arrived broken (the second of which I had to put up on Youtube so they'd believe me). it's now 5 months after the initial RMA and no resolution in sight.

So I guess that makes my vote "Asus" ;)

Personally, I like the ASUS boards I've had in the past, and I'd go that route again; but if you care for good warranty service and such then ASUS should probably not be your first choice, heh... From what I've seen on the boards they have some of the worst RMA stories, granted their mobos don't fail very often (Intel-based ones anyway), but oi when they do it's bad.

Someone mentioned issues w/the P5K vanilla earlier I think... That board and the P5K-SE seem to be a very different design than their other P35 boards (4-pin vs 8-pin, no mention of being 8-phase on the vanilla/SE, etc), sometimes it pays to fork over the extra $10-20 for a better model. :eek:

I've got an ASUS this time, had a DFI previous to that. I'm thinking about upgrading again and I'm pretty much going between the 2 companies, with Gigabyte a slight possibility. I was happy with my DFI and I'd really consider them, except it makes me worried that A) They can't even run their own website. ASUS's can be a POS at times, but never down for long periods and B) I was distressed to see DFI-street broke away from them. Is there a good source for DFI OC info?

Been playing with the DFI P35 for a about 3 weeks. Found a template for the bios using an Intel 8400 and this is fast becoming my fav. Board runs 4ghz all day.
Only had 1 Asus that drove me insane. I have had really good luck with some Gigabyte boards and I would recommend them any day

Any chance you could give me the location of the aforementioned template? I'm doing 500x8 on my e3110, but going higher is proving to be a sonofabitch.

If you could help out, I would certainly appreciate it.

Back