ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

I'm having memory issues with a new asus z68 machine:

ASUS P8Z68 V-LE (everything default, 401 BIOS)
I5-2500K
8GB (2x4) Mushkin DDR3 1600 1.5v
Crusial M4 SSD
Thermaltake 850 watt PSU

The system goes into an endless cycle of reboots with a particular stick of RAM in it. One of the 2 modules posts just fine, in any slot. If the other module is installed either alone or together in any slot, the system will not post. After powering up the "MemOK" LED will flash red. The system will then reboot to the same result, over and over.

At first I thought it was just a bad stick of RAM, but I'm thinking it's something else now. Both sticks work just fine in my other machine (2600k, P8P67 Pro). They will post just fine, no issues at all, and are very stable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try increasing the memory voltage up a notch from 1.5v. You may also need to adjust VCCIO a little if that doesn't work.

Hey all. I have an Asus p8z68v-pro. I just purchased 2 Corsair Nova 128GB SSDs. I'm trying to get them set up in RAID 0 with this board. However, I have been unsuccessful. Both SSDs show up in the Asus BIOS. I have enabled RAID in the SATA configuration. I have the drives connected to grey ports 1 and 2(6Gb/s ports). When I boot up, I don't get the CTRL+I option to enter the intel raid config. If I attach an old spinner drive, I can enter the Intel RAID config, but it only shows 1 SSD and the old spinner. How the heck do I get these 2 SSDs in a RAID0? I just updated to the latest beta BIOS and still the same. I'm at a loss.

I got this resolved in case anyone was having a similar issue(unlikely). It was indeed due to the SSDs having the same serial numbers in firmware. Apparently the Z68 chipset RAID controller depends on the serial numbers to identify each drive. I got my replacement SSDs in today, which had different serials, and everything went smoothly.

I got this resolved in case anyone was having a similar issue(unlikely). It was indeed due to the SSDs having the same serial numbers in firmware. Apparently the Z68 chipset RAID controller depends on the serial numbers to identify each drive. I got my replacement SSDs in today, which had different serials, and everything went smoothly.

Thanks for this info!!!
I had this problem here. It's resolved now.

Attn Raja,

In the memory speed configuration page with ram timings displayed in Bios clicking more than one line causes the last selected line not to deselect. Furthermore going to the previous page and returning the memory timings page results in only one line of memory timings displayed. Not only that but you can't manually plug in the values as you have to use the +/- keys. This is on a P8Z68 Deluxe with bios 603. I think I noticed this bug on previous versions. Its a cosmetic bug though never the less Asus please fix it..

Thank you.

Attn Raja,

In the memory speed configuration page with ram timings displayed in Bios clicking more than one line causes the last selected line not to deselect. Furthermore going to the previous page and returning the memory timings page results in only one line of memory timings displayed. Not only that but you can't manually plug in the values as you have to use the +/- keys. This is on a P8Z68 Deluxe with bios 603. I think I noticed this bug on previous versions. Its a cosmetic bug though never the less Asus please fix it..

Thank you.

I can confirm these bugs on P8Z68-V Pro with 501 and 651beta UEFIs.

I can confirm these bugs on P8Z68-V Pro with 501 and 651beta UEFIs.

Got to say I'm not exactly sure what davidm71 meant, but from how I understood it - I tried this with my board and can change RAM values in the BIOS by setting a value (not just using +/-) and the previous line deselected when I went to another one.

You should put the 0606 in as it has newer OPROM and who knows what else (even if the BIOS is dated older than the BETA you're running now).

Got to say I'm not exactly sure what davidm71 meant, but from how I understood it - I tried this with my board and can change RAM values in the BIOS by setting a value (not just using +/-) and the previous line deselected when I went to another one.

You should put the 0606 in as it has newer OPROM and who knows what else (even if the BIOS is dated older than the BETA you're running now).

Asus's support download page only lists the 603 as the official release for the Z68 Deluxe. Though I tried to type in the '8' in the field and it was ignored. Only + or minus signs had any effect. Not only that using the mouse to select a field and then moving onto another line with the mouse or arrow keys caused problem like the previous line still being highlighted, and then escaping out to the previous menu and back resulted in corrupted display. This was right after I updated by bios from 501 to 603 and had cleared the cmos values. I use to own a P8P67 Deluxe board and I swear that did the same thing sometimes. To me it seems like they just didn't program the display interface all the way forgetting to reset each line after being selected. Who knows why ...

Thanks.

PS: If there is a 606 for the deluxe someone please post a link...

Thanks again.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem since this thread is pretty long but at random times, I would get a notification saying that my audio device has been unplugged. The sound drops out during that notification pop up and then will continue to work like normal

I have the p8z68-v Pro and I'm using a headset (Sennheiser PC150) connected to the green audio out port in the back. My drivers are all up to date and the OS is Windows 7 64bit. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubsnazx

I'd like to as if anyone has the following symptom:
Even if only on occasion, when powering up your pc for the 1st time, each day, does it shutdown after about 10 seconds then turn back on again? There is no error message or anything and everthing seems normal once it boots properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t
You've probably got BCLK changing and/or more likely, AI Suite installed. Some component of it causes this behavior (only with cold boot not reboots etc).

any more intel on this issue, any remedies as such?:confused:

I never bothered to check which part does it, but it's not the whole AI Suite. I have Fan Xpert and ASUS Update installed and it doesn't do it - I think it's either TurboV or VRM that does it... remove them one by one and see which makes it behave that way?

I was wondering, how can i disable these sukkerz so they dont load and such?

@lil layzie

First of all I would set BIOS Realtek to HD
Then I would plug in HD only front panel connector to mobo
Next install RT HD drivers, not AC97
Disable any other sound controllers in dev man- only the one that says REALTEK specifically
Then I would run speakers from rear and headphones from front
There are also 3 kinda tricky selectors in RT cntrl panel
Above ports icons is advanced settings options
Just below that is yellow folder you can click on
Finally you can right click any lit up port icon to give you the option you desire - retask connector. Also, by allowing auto popup, you can unplug and replug and reselect default device
By putting headphones in front you can make them default device in RT panel and Windows, wont shut down when something is going to rear like a window sound associated with "speakers"

I'm having memory issues with a new asus z68 machine:

ASUS P8Z68 V-LE (everything default, 401 BIOS)
I5-2500K
8GB (2x4) Mushkin DDR3 1600 1.5v
Crusial M4 SSD
Thermaltake 850 watt PSU

The system goes into an endless cycle of reboots with a particular stick of RAM in it. One of the 2 modules posts just fine, in any slot. If the other module is installed either alone or together in any slot, the system will not post. After powering up the "MemOK" LED will flash red. The system will then reboot to the same result, over and over.

At first I thought it was just a bad stick of RAM, but I'm thinking it's something else now. Both sticks work just fine in my other machine (2600k, P8P67 Pro). They will post just fine, no issues at all, and are very stable.

Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE: Swapped in some 1.65v rated RAM and it boots like normal. After doing that, I set DRAM voltage from "auto" to 1.5v, shut down and replaced the RAM with the 1.5v Mushkin that wouldn't work before and again it booted just fine.

So for some reason the P8Z68 V-LE I have will not boot with this 1.5v RAM if the BIOS is allowed to auto select voltage. Oh well, minor inconvenience.

My RAM-settings are perfect with X.M.P.-Mode. Dram Voltage 1,5V & 1600MHz. This mode resolved all my RAM-problems. :D

@lil layzie

First of all I would set BIOS Realtek to HD
Then I would plug in HD only front panel connector to mobo
Next install RT HD drivers, not AC97
Disable any other sound controllers in dev man- only the one that says REALTEK specifically
Then I would run speakers from rear and headphones from front
There are also 3 kinda tricky selectors in RT cntrl panel
Above ports icons is advanced settings options
Just below that is yellow folder you can click on
Finally you can right click any lit up port icon to give you the option you desire - retask connector. Also, by allowing auto popup, you can unplug and replug and reselect default device
By putting headphones in front you can make them default device in RT panel and Windows, wont shut down when something is going to rear like a window sound associated with "speakers"
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I will try this later tonight or something.

When I googled for my problem, only one link lead to a forum that had my problem which is still unresolved.

You work at Asus or something? If not, you're a pretty knowledgeable person. Again, thank you.

I have an issue with the boot order.

2 Hdds are installed, OS 64x on hdd 1 and storage on the hdd2
every couple of days the boot order is lost, and in bios it shows hdd2 is booting. This only occurs every few days for some unknown reason, any help on this one?

I have an issue with the boot order.

2 Hdds are installed, OS 64x on hdd 1 and storage on the hdd2
every couple of days the boot order is lost, and in bios it shows hdd2 is booting. This only occurs every few days for some unknown reason, any help on this one?

Same thing happening here. Every once in a while, the boot order is changed and it tries to boot to my storage drive.

Drives me nuts!

Are you guys overclocked? If so, perhaps it's failing on the first boot try and reverting to defaults? Maybe try switching the SATA ports so the boot drive is first in order? Just a couple thoughts.

Thing is zigian, the controller used for my storage drive is the navy blue marvell one. It (apparently) cant be used as a os drive, just storage only. So i cant exactly remedy the situation by putting the os drive on the marvell controller. Far as i know....

Did you turn on the OPROM for Marvel in bios?
Is your O/S drive on E1 top port?
Which did you set on boot page, keep current option rom or Force bios?
Are you showing Marvel drivers in dev man/storage controllers for Marvel?
Did you turn OFF the JMicron controller and its option rom??
Did you disable full screen logo? (slightly increase boot time)

With Win 7 X64 you may have made a GPT drive without knowing it
In computer management/disk management does it say efi system at top with blue rectangle?

Quote:
I was wondering, how can i disable these sukkerz so they dont load and such?

I don't think you can disable them individually. I'd just remove everything first and confirm if the problem goes away - then install only the parts you want to use (if it actually helped and you want to keep some things).

my os is on the grey port, top. storage drive is on e2
intel, marvel and jmircon in dev manager / storage controller
full screen logo enabled
i made the gpt in disc management myself, and its a 3tb on the navy blu marvell controller. working well too
cant see any efi in disc management

edit---
OPROM in bios- Marvel in AHCI mode/enabled
boot page set on force bios
jmb controllers are enabled:)

Last edited:
I don't think you can disable them individually. I'd just remove everything first and confirm if the problem goes away - then install only the parts you want to use (if it actually helped and you want to keep some things).

for what im doin, i doubt ill no any different. I'll give it (Ai) the flick and see what happens.. just noted, theres no Ai unintaller in my directory..

Last edited:
for what im doin, i doubt ill no any different. I'll give it (Ai) the flick and see what happens.. just noted, theres no Ai unintaller in my directory..

i installed the ai charger in the hope it would install the uninstaller, and it did so i uninstalled the whole suite. After shutdown, i still get the reboot after 10 seconds:rolleyes:

on the money priamos, the setting i changed was to put my ram on xmp which changed the blck to 100.0. and hey presto, it works.. sweet

I have another issue, this is to do with my vid card tho i think, asus gtx560(not ti). After playing f1 2010 for a while, i get random freeze ups. they last anywhere between 1-10 seconds, highly irritating going through corners. I plugged in my igpu and it runs fine, tho at lower graphics, without any freeze

running a 600w power source, could that do it?

LPM-fix for Intel SATA III-Port and you have no more freezes.
Google for "lpm fix ssd"

Hello guys, i have an ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE with an Intel 2600k.
I update my bios from 501 to 603 and everything is ok except ALL my profile are gone (WTF!?) and the "Turbo mode" isn't working correctly:

Bios 501: idle + web surfing + low stuff = 3.4ghz - gaming + heavy stuff turbo => 3.8ghz | That's OK!!
Bios 603 and the last 706: ALWAYS 3.8 o_O!?

those are my setting atm:

http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios1.jpg
http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios2.jpg
http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios3.jpg
http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios4.jpg

With these my cpu is always at 3800

http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios5.jpg

if i change the last 3 my cpu stay at 1600 and when needed go to 3800.

Since i don't like the speedstep, i would like if possible to have my old 3.4 to 3.8.. where i'm doing wrong >_<!?

my os is on the grey port, top. storage drive is on e2
intel, marvel and jmircon in dev manager / storage controller
full screen logo enabled
i made the gpt in disc management myself, and its a 3tb on the navy blu marvell controller. working well too
cant see any efi in disc management

edit---
OPROM in bios- Marvel in AHCI mode/enabled
boot page set on force bios
jmb controllers are enabled:)

Oh. You add a few new tidbits of info ea time that changes things - heh
Let me see if I can explain this simply:
If you want to boot to the marvel, the OPROM has to be enabled. The OPROM tells the BIOS that "hey i'm here", deal with me during boot. If you are NOT booting, you dont need the OPROM and BIOS interaction, the HDD is just data - a dead fish. However, if you have the Marvel controller WINDOWS DRIVERS installed, then after boot to your INTEL controller O/S HDD you may use Marvel HDD as per normal. (You can also load Marvel drivers during Win 7 install by clicking additional drivers option, that is, WHEN OPROM has been TURNED ON, or slipstream them into your disk)

When you add your data drive to Marvel, and boot to bios, you will not see it anywhere on boot page or on EZ page icons. Doesnt matter, as long as Marvel controller is working in dev manager, Windows will work with it any way you want, including adding letters.

If you DO turn on the OPROM, it will appear in BBS boot priorities and boot override options and also as an EZ page ICON choice. And you may boot to it with an O/S as you like. It will appear as A0S0 and A0S1. You will also see the Marvel welcome screen with your drive(s) listed. The only drawback is that it is a bit slower in action with an O/S. But with a PC doing 4.8GHz - who cares?

21libns.jpg

If you dont have Marvel drivers loaded, then you are not going to get Marvel specific performance on that drive. If you look at your Intel IDE atapi controller dev man, you will see a bunch of extra generic MS IDE contoller stuff. But after you install the marvel drivers they will all disappear.

2akms09.jpg

First of all, you need to turn off Marvel OPROM
Since you are not using any bootings there, and its only a dead fish data drive, only Windows from the O/S drive needs to see it, after boot
Whats happening in losing boot order is the bios cant figure out which active contoller - Intel or Jmicron, or Marvel, or ASMedia - is the right one to use.
Doesnt see anything to boot on third party controllers and says WTF?
You MUST turn off any third party controllers that dont have anything plugged into them, and OPROMs OFF for any that dont have O/S. And you MUST get the booting orders correctly sorted!!
"Keep current" is nother good thing to set as that prevents the bios from looking around for third party stuff, not the force bios.
And I ALWAYS disable fullscreen logo which gives boot a few extra seconds to sort things out.
11ty6o7.jpg

2r3jcaw.jpg

2e3r715.jpg

fdr981.jpg

Last edited:

Have now changed to the following after reading and thinking...

Marvel is in AHCI mode but OPROM is disabled
regarding this, i dont intend to use marvel to boot an os, you might recall i was using my 3tb, but ended up buying a 2 tb instead, so all is normal...
changed bios to "keep current"
now showing intel raid and marvel controllers under storage controllers (ieee1394 bus controller also showing : via1394 ohci.....)
JMB now disabled
full screen disabled
unchanged 3TB GPT( NTFS) storage drive (on the marvel controller)
still no efi in disc management

After all these changes, i seem to be booting much quicker and so far have not booted to the marvel controller, no surprise i guess as its sorta turned off. ..

heres a couple screens of my bios for you to poke at

Why did you set Intel SATA in bios to RAID during install?
Are you running RAID?
Why do you have 1394 and bluetooth enabled in bios? Are you using them?
Its just more crap for the bios to deal with.
Where is your DVD drive? On the Marvel?
Should be on Intel port 6

Fwiw efi sys only appears when you have made a GPT drive bootable with X64. The first two partitions below are efi sys 100mb and ea also has MSR 128mb (hidden FAT32) Once I understood your config, its not an issue. And marvel has had 3TB support all along.
Heres 3 WDC 1TB MBR and 1 Hitachi 3TB GPT and one 2TB Samsung GPT, all bootable, WDC are triple boots with Win 7 X64 Win 7 X86 and Linux Mint 11
k1tidg.jpg

Back