ASUS Matrix GTX 580 Platinum Spy Pics

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at XFastest posted these spy pics of the ASUS Matrix GTX 580 Platinum. There are no details other than the pictures they posted.

*Update* The site is hammered right now so I snagged a few pics for those of you that can't reach the site at the moment.

Please tell me it will have 3gb of memory, I might consider it versus CFX 6970s

Beastly and beautiful. If I wasn't one the AMD side of the fence right now, with two 6970 Direct CU II's crossfired, this card would be on my shortlist.

I'm willing to bet it will give better thermal performance then the reference cooler...

me either other than the optical jack in the back, finally someone did it!

maybe it will come with higher default clocks.

Please tell me it will have 3gb of memory, I might consider it versus CFX 6970s

http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/...gtx-580-and-matrix-gtx-580-cards-get-detailed

The 3 GB version is the Mars II which will have two GTX 580 GPUs with 1.5 GB per GPU. Clocks have not been revealed yet. Assumingly, it'll look a lot like the Mars I (GTX 295) but with maybe a thicker cooler.

The Matrix is 1.5 GB only with a single GPU and a three slot cooler.

I wonder now if ASUS went with a "go for broke" attitude: Would a dual GPU board with 3 GB per GPU with overclocked GTX 580s be possible (or downright mad)? :D

Looking at this just makes me shake my head. Why wouldn’t they just use a water block so one could SLI? :confused:

Soon we'll be needing a separate case just for the GPU...

you anit kdding, soon the gpu heatstink will be purecopper, and need a psu on there own, while cpu's will need less power and give less heat.

you could still sli if your motherboard has the right layout... and would cost a small fortune :cool:

Lol, could just imagine the mobo flexing under the weight!..
Please note: This video card requires an Ultra Durable X10 for SLI.
:D

Hay, wasn’t it ASUS that came out with PCI-E slot extension board? How much of an erector set does your PC need to be to have 3 way SLI with this card? Hehehehe :D

3 slots?!?! :eek: How can you do Tri SLI with those cards?? :confused:

GAY..... and who cares a VERY expensive card for no reason at all. A day late and a dollar short.

http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/...gtx-580-and-matrix-gtx-580-cards-get-detailed

The 3 GB version is the Mars II which will have two GTX 580 GPUs with 1.5 GB per GPU. Clocks have not been revealed yet. Assumingly, it'll look a lot like the Mars I (GTX 295) but with maybe a thicker cooler.

The Matrix is 1.5 GB only with a single GPU and a three slot cooler.

I wonder now if ASUS went with a "go for broke" attitude: Would a dual GPU board with 3 GB per GPU with overclocked GTX 580s be possible (or downright mad)? :D

What is the point of Mars II ?

There is already a GTX 590, I don't see any logic within Mars II at all...

It's just simply the wrong time frame to even consider buying an expensive video card if you ask me. Not with all the new video cards out this fall. The best thing anyone can do is get a 6950 2gig, flash it over to a 6970 and enjoy it. That's if you had to buy a video card now. If you have something else now, I would jut keep it until the fall when we will be getting all the new stuff that is coming out.

It's just simply the wrong time frame to even consider buying an expensive video card if you ask me. Not with all the new video cards out this fall. The best thing anyone can do is get a 6950 2gig, flash it over to a 6970 and enjoy it. That's if you had to buy a video card now. If you have something else now, I would jut keep it until the fall when we will be getting all the new stuff that is coming out.

I'm running a seeminly dying 4870 and I really need to upgrade. i was going to go with CFX MSI 6970 lightning and be set for a while, but it seems like I waited to a terrible time to upgrade with so much coming out Q4.

I'm running a seeminly dying 4870 and I really need to upgrade. i was going to go with CFX MSI 6970 lightning and be set for a while, but it seems like I waited to a terrible time to upgrade with so much coming out Q4.

I picked up a 5850 for 60 bucks, might be a temp solution for ya, 6950's and 6970's are going to be worthless soon, or even 5750 might even be something you can use for 5 months.

I'm holding out for next gen graphics.

Looks very nice! :)

Can't understand the surprise of some people over the fact its a 3 slot..... like the DirectCU II cards.... :/

Looks very nice! :)

Can't understand the surprise of some people over the fact its a 3 slot..... like the DirectCU II cards.... :/

Its bound to be quieter than my Palit GTX580. Its got the dual fan cooler from Palit , but when it starts to heat up it gets almost as noisey as a single GTX470.

sticker on the back of the card in one of the pics says 1536 :(

The "1536" could refer to the stream processing units, not the ram.
Unless you are not happy with the SPU count?

the AMD HD 6970 boast 1536 SPU's

The "1536" could refer to the stream processing units, not the ram.
Unless you are not happy with the SPU count?

the AMD HD 6970 boast 1536 SPU's

of course Nvidia does have 1536mb cards, but why would they build a monster card like that and cut its legs off?

ASUS FTW!!!!!!!!!!

asus3e.png

3 slots?!?! :eek: How can you do Tri SLI with those cards?? :confused:

Very big case, and flexible riser cards? :p

Looks nice to me.

I'm about to build a SLI 580 rig soon, but since i plan on using a Silverstone Raven case, I need card designs that blow out the back, so this one is out of the question for me.

Back