ASUS & [H]ardOCP Haswell Z87 Motherboard Giveaway! Week 1

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by FrgMstr, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunbust3r

gunbust3r Gawd

I would use the time to shop for matching components and change my name to Auric Goldfinger.

2. smokinkane

smokinkane Limp Gawd

I would get back to work, haha

3. amddragonpc

amddragonpc [H]ard|Gawd

Think of a paint scheme for the case to match the black and gold theme of the motherboard.

4. CorwinRathe

CorwinRathe n00b

I would use the time to do more renders and gaming :)

5. stormtrooper94

stormtrooper94 n00b

I would use the time to go find other parts to put into my newly optimized gaming rig.

6. meaty

meaty [H]ard|Gawd

7. Shikami

Shikami Gawd

Tacos and nachos.........tacos and nachos......

8. gokdog

gokdog Limp Gawd

I consider 95% the floor of my efforts, but it would certainly be the starting point to achieving even higher results. In other news, I fully plan to take this saved time and browse the GGW section of Reddit continuously while ripping movies/CDs with my new i4770K that I would purchase as a consequence of this savings. Think about that for a second, I am contributing to the local economy (retail), the National Economy (Intel) and spreading American Love all over Malaysia (Fab). Nevermind that everyone else will need a processor as well, and did I mention that GGW forum yet? /winning!

9. Mike D

Mike D n00b

Take my duck for a walk.

10. Entity

Entity n00b

Might actually take the time to set up my older system for the kids to use.

11. Jorona

Jorona 2[H]4U

Probably go have a shit. I enjoy playing games on phone on the pot.

12. Vediovus

Vediovus Gawd

I would enjoy a nice cigar and some beer.

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Gawd

I would use the rest of the time to get order parts, then build, install windows, and have fun with a new pc.

14. HyperTension

HyperTension [H]ard|Gawd

It would allow me to multitask effortlessly between writing papers for bio-chem degree, while running some ridiculous eBay bid monitor for my wife, while allowing my son to play TF2, and keeping my daughter at bay with Facebook....

All while sincerely needing to whore up all that umph for myself while I play BF3/TF2 and brag about it to my profoundly jealous clanmates once everybody was asleep... And drool over the purdy colors of the mobo through the window of my case...

15. Dirtnap

Dirtnap n00b

Order more parts for a second system. Why must one be enough?

16. AgentQ

AgentQ [H]ard|Gawd

Ten more minutes to clean the dust out of my other machines.

17. FalconSS

FalconSS [H]ard|Gawd

18. Moqu

Moqu n00b

spend more time with the wife

19. webby88

webby88 n00b

Clean up my damn office!

20. TheBuzzer

TheBuzzer HACK THE WORLD!

i wouldnt have even spend time optimizing my system so having a software that spends 10 minute to optimize it for me is better than nothing!

21. willip90

willip90 n00b

i would use it to be able to give more time to my freinds whom i give tech support to and to my 3 year old son whom deserves all the time i can give him, especially when he gets stuck in mincraft PE on my phone. I gotta raise him right, and im not joking i got pics of him Playing and my wife thinks the house is a gamers convention all the time~!

22. gudmunder

gudmunder n00b

I would use all that extra time to read war and peace (in the original Russian), watch all of Ken Burns documentaries (uncut), build a scale replica of the great wall of China with Legos, and repaint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

23. LOWBOY

LOWBOY [H]Lite

I'd use the time to study how to get that other 5% out of the CPU. If your going to go, go HARD!:D

24. DangerousMan

DangerousMan Limp Gawd

I would use the time saved for por, err... I mean going to a movie with a woman who really isn't very interested..... :( And I'd be back to my asus motherboard and a bottle of sprit! This guy's gonna be just fine. :cool:

25. totmachen

totmachen Limp Gawd

More time playing FTL or Orc's Must Die!

26. John D

John D [H]Lite

I would use the time to read more in the [H]ardForum.

27. Penance

Penance Limp Gawd

28. JamesB_999

JamesB_999 n00b

I'd start playing some games ASAP. With four kids, every free minute counts.

Thanks,
    -jb

29. eezip

eezip n00b

Naturally, I'd find Pinky, use NewZon to order rubber chickens and paper clips, then TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD! And I'd also write up my new PC build and evangelize my wonderful new ASUS mobo. Then watch some cute cat videos!

30. Royalpain

Royalpain n00b

I could finally get that nose job I've been needing!

31. Deadly Ramon

Deadly Ramon Gawd

I'd devote that extra time freed up by the fancier thingamajig to solving history's most important dilemma: tastes great vs. less filling.

32. Johnnyjihad

Johnnyjihad n00b

I'd use the exta time to make sure my prefered beverages are well stocked and cold for Drunken Friday Night MechWarrior Online Drops.

33. colinstu

colinstu 2[H]4U

more time to do whatever I'm going to do after using the computer!

34. Klrgoten

Klrgoten Gawd

A good hot cup of tea would be a good time sink :)

35. tunatime

tunatime 2[H]4U

i would use the auto tuning to get and idea on what my chip could do and then i would start stress testing the rig, and do a fast check on temps and v core, then spend the time saved whit the wife to make her happy so she will let me enjoy my new rig:)

36. Icanhazfree?

Icanhazfree? n00b

On the blooming thought of my soft-core nerd victory and impending Epeen rampage thanks to the Wizards of ASUS and HardOCP. I would begin to smirk awkwardly as I lean over in my chair to gaze upon my invisible admirers... Whom cowering in the shadow of my might, praise me as their master, and decree that there is none higher!, for I have dominated the land with swift deliberate keystrokes and precise mousing. Upon return from my self indulgence, I would take pictures of my machine and post them on FB to get my friends attention, silently screaming out in the glory of "Mine is better than yours!". I would resist the temptation to talk in condescending tones when asked about my setup, but I would surely take the time to ramble on about what components I have and the numbers I had achieved. It would be but not less than Seven days and Seven nights before I realized that I had not left the house nor the visage of my computer, that the pain in my neck from straining in my chair had become excruciating, and that even gods must rest. Upon awakening from my 21 hour slumber I would come to yet another moment of glee as I re-affirm my dreams as memories in the near disorienting joy that is the vision of my ASUS Z87 based machine with the HardOCP community to thank for its inception.
    Yup this is what I would do with my time ;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  37. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA [H]ard|Gawd

super easy overclock. I can use the rest of the time saved for more gaming:)

38. Spritey

Spritey n00b

Hey guys, I'm Spritey, but you can call me "that douchebag who googles 'haswell giveaway' and enters every contest he can find".

(Actually, I've lurked here for years, but I never had a reason to post until now)

In any case, I'd spend that 10 minutes going on internet forums and bragging about my hardcore gaming rig while secretly crying on the inside.

39. Bighitter

Bighitter [H]ard|Gawd

I would use the extra time to start looking for my next upgrade because its never good enough.

40. Fenris_Ulf

Fenris_Ulf [H]ard|Gawd

Play with my kids. Or get a good night's sleep. Neither of which I can do here in Afghanistan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.