ASUS GTX680-2GD5 GeForce GTX 680 In Stock at Tiger Direct

when it arrives if you overclock could you post what kind of speeds and temps you're getting?

couldnt wait and bought one, should bode well with my 30 inch monitor

Looks like a reference card, so MSRP would be $499.99.

TD is kind of shady in this regard, since they have the "List Price" set as $549.99.

Lots of posts in here about tiger and their fake "in stock" posts on their site. Beware, good chance you will go to backorder, then you have to call to cancel, its a trick, and a pain in the ass.

Lots of posts in here about tiger and their fake "in stock" posts on their site. Beware, good chance you will go to backorder, then you have to call to cancel, its a trick, and a pain in the ass.

Order Date: 05/08/12
Order Status: Carrier Pickup - Your item(s) have been processed and delivered to the carrier for pickup. Please note: no changes or cancellations can be made at this point.

Have to re-iterate this.

They will let you order things that are out of stock and you have to call to cancel. With wait times, that could take a half hour easily. Stay away.

680order.jpg

Have to re-iterate this.

They will let you order things that are out of stock and you have to call to cancel. With wait times, that could take a half hour easily. Stay away.

Just got my shipping notice with a Tracking #. Not saying they don't routinely screw people over, but at least in this case, the stock notice was legit.

Probably not a "Hot" deal--I just figured that anytime a GTX680 shows up in stock, it's of interest to some people.

couldnt wait and bought one, should bode well with my 30 inch monitor

I was using a single 680 for a couple weeks on my 30" -- played every game highest setting, no problems. Got a second 680 now, although I'm not sure why.

Have to re-iterate this.

This happened to me when they were first released. I purchased 2 and had to cancel because after i purchased them, it showed backordered....I spent the next hour trying to get the ordered cancelled.

you guys got me worried i wont be happy until i see it has shipped

LMAO at what TD says for this product, which as I mentioned is OOS:

You May Consider This Alternative

Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Ed. 1GB GDDR5 PCie 3.0
Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Ed. 1GB GDDR5 PCie 3.0
(2 Reviews)
$119.99* After Rebate

Yeah, some alternative a 7770 is to the 680. :rolleyes:

I was using a single 680 for a couple weeks on my 30" -- played every game highest setting, no problems. Got a second 680 now, although I'm not sure why.

Guessing you did not try Metro 2033 or Crysis 2. :p

But hey, if you have a spare 680 you want to get rid of for cheap... ;)

Guessing you did not try Metro 2033 or Crysis 2. :p

But hey, if you have a spare 680 you want to get rid of for cheap... ;)

Or BF3. My Galaxy GTX680 on stock air could barely maintain 60FPS @ 1920x1200 in BF3 w/ Ultra settings. The 680 *is* a superior card to the 580 in every way though, a lot impressed me, it is no joke. FYI: Theres a guy at OCN selling custom brackets so you can throw an Antec 620 onto the 680 for cheap & easy watercooling, I got a couple from him for $7/ea. They're compatible with 5-series and 6-series reference Geforce cards.

If I had to do it all over or was someone starting from scratch, and I want a GTX680 now but there's no stock, I would A) buy a new EVGA GTX580 from authorized reseller, B) register that card for EVGA Step-Up program to get GTX680, C) buy Antec620 and custom bracket to watercool GTX580 while waiting out the step-up process (could take months), D) move Antec620 & bracket over to GTX680 when step-up card comes.

FWIW, the past 6 months I've been running my SLI'd GTX580's watercooled with Antec 620's and performance & overclocking has been stellar. Each was capable of around 1Ghz core but in SLI its more sensitive so brought it down to 970MHz. And temps ran around 50C. Thats a huge bump. And unlike custom waterblocks my investment in the Antec620's will be re-usable with the GTX680's and the new brackets.

Last edited:
Back