Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

The engraving rewards from Korfu are borderline game breaking. Especially as a Hunter spec.
+100% headshots, +100% all damage.

The quest unlocks very early, I think after you finish Megaris or Phokis main quest. I checked immediately after acquiring the ship and it wasn't spawned yet.

There's a warning about story spoilers, the quest was designed to be post-game content (after all DLC too). I think the rewards were designed for that, too. Not level 15 characters lol.

My problem is I forgot how to play after playing through Valhalla. The controls are slightly different with the adrenaline use etc. No potions things like that. It actually seems a lot harder than I remember especially compared to Valhalla at this stage.

I made a CheatEngine hack to remove the Bounty Hunter spawn cooldown, and it's total chaos lol.

ACOD_bountyhunters.png

You can also grab it on Ubisoft + which is $1 currently, lasts until October 1.

For whatever reason Ubisoft Connect/Uplay couldn't locate my saves from a few years back. Turns out it creates two "IDs" for save files across different games. Odyssey for some reason was in another area. You can't just drag/drop save games to different profiles so I needed to use a program called AC Save Tool. Import the saves from one profile, enter the ID (the folder the game saves are in) of the other profile, and then convert them. Worked fine.

Ubisoft Connect now spams me with a lot of pop ups. They aren't even for sales, but for things like advertising events. Looks like Ubisoft figured out how to ruin Uplay.

Untitled.jpg

This game sucks just as much as I remembered. I might just give up on the "cross over" DLC, it crashes too much. Reminds me why this along with Wildlands are some of my most despised games of the decade.

And I've still yet to see how this connects to Valhalla anyways.

I've had 4 or 5 crashes in my 1k+ hours since launch.
Korfu takes about 2 hours to fully complete, if you just do the story it's maybe 1 hour. The connection to Valhalla is very slim.

I am interested how they've decided to split the games and possible meld them but I can only see myself enjoying one.

Mirage - Back to basics Assassins Creed like the originals
Red - The one I'm most interested in due to it's Japan setting and RPG dynamics
Hexe - Still not even sure what that one will be
Jade - Sounds like a Chinese interpretation but specifics are very vague
Infinity - Perhaps the hook to bring all those games together and using the animus to switch between them. I don't see how it is plausible, but time will tell.

Bottom line is I am 100% interested in an open world Assassins Creed set in feudal Japan with RPG skill tree and loot system. Totally not interested in vanilla Mirage Ass Creed. Been there, done that.

EDIT: Is UBI riding on the coat tails of Ghost of Tsushima with RED? Possibly.. but some of the best ever games have come from inspiration of others.

Last edited:
Back