Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

I haven't checked out the Oikos lately, but don't the set-items you describe also get listed as part of the weekly refresh? The entire set is never all up at the same time, but something like Odysseus Greaves or whatnot can be up to be purchased directly, right? Last I checked Legendaries, including Helix-shop (ie real money) only items were available on the shop. The costs are higher to buy a guaranteed item as part of that weeek's selection (ie like 50 or 80 Orichalcum - a special currency found by running certain missions/contracts or in small amounts in nodes around the world), compared to the "random lootbox" for like 20 Orichalcum, which provides a random piece of gear? Is this still how it works or are Helix set legendaries only available as randoms? It would be disappointing if that were the case.
I don't recall ever seeing a set item in the weekly store. It's always a weapon, mount, ship captain, etc. Getting a single piece of set armor would be useless anyway since most purple items are better by themselves.
You can get any Helix store item from the chest, including the blue quality ones, or a random purple. I think the general drop rate for store items is 1 out of 8. It would take dozens if not hundreds to complete a single set, considering you need all 5 pieces and how many items are available.

The weapons and sets may not be the best in the game, but a few are (Vine Bow & Greek Hello). As well as engravings, weapon engravings in particular since the weapon itself might be bad but it'll have a good engraving... one of them is a flat 30% Damage Increase at full health. Also, set bonuses from the store unlock weaker versions as engravings, so you don't actually need to wear the set for some kind of bonus.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Ahh if I;m understanding you correctly, that's disappointing if the Weekly "buy direct" items are not Helix Store Legendary Set items? I was thinking that maybe one week you;d see Odysseus' hood, the next Odysseus chestplate etc... or whatnot, so you could build a whole set at a larger cost in Ori and still spending some time, as opposed to the randoming for a lesser Ori cost which, as you say is not very likely! While I'm glad to see some Helix items are present on the store, the lack of set items makes me see the monetization more negatively than I already do , as it means set items are basically real money purchases exclusively - not good.

So the Vine Bow and Greek Hello are particularly noteworthy Helix weapons worth spending one's Orichalcum upon hm? Any others of similar desirability?

Looks like GMG recently added the season pass to their store so hopefully they run a ubisoft/AC sale soon, since Ubisoft themselves refuse to do it... The full Gold Edition will soon be cheaper than the season pass by itself.

I'm on my 6th time playing through Kephallonia (the starter island) AND I JUST FOUND A NEW QUEST!

At the very beginning there's a side quest where a guy asks you to go through a cave and check the offerings that are being stolen. When you go inside you find a bunch of bandits stealing the offerings. If you keep going forward after finishing the cave, you find an exit in the back and you can run back around to the entrance to turn in the quest.

HOWEVER
If you TURN AROUND and go back out the way you came in, there's a woman at the statue at the entrance and you get a new quest! WTF!

hDg2e1j.png

^ I went back out the way I came in, so stumbled on that part my first go around

Yeah, I've done that quest on the first as well.

Out of curiosity, how do you use the XP boosts in the game? I got the Ultimate Edition, also got the Ubi store XP boost, doesn't seem to actually give me any item and there's no indication on my XP bar that I have an active boost. Seems to be the same XP I've been getting all along since the beginning of the game.

Open your inventory/abilities screen and in the top left and top right corners you will see yellow arrows next to your Drachmae and XP bar. You can click each arrow to disable or enable it.

Speaking of XP/currency boosts, I am guessing the permanent one is not something able to be unlocked via the Oikos, which is a bit disappointing. However, are there other places in the game to get the temp boosts? The Ultimate Edition has a temp boost included and there is a UPlay unlock for a single temp boost (each lasting 2 hours if I recall. At the time I used mine it could not be paused and even ticked down during menu screens ) , but I am unsure if there are other places to get them. I was thinking that perhaps users could repeatedly turn in UPlay tokens for boosts, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Honestly, I think the Ultimate Edition should have included both of the permanent boosts available on the Helix Store to justify the cost increase, plus some older AC games added boosts to the "best" versions of their title.

Yeah what you have to do is fast travel around to every zone in the game, check the bounty board and grab Contracts. And then as you complete them, travel around again and grab more. It's time consuming and boring BUT it optimizes the amount of XP you gain as you progress through the game.

The quests are passive shit like "Kill 10 Athenian archers" or sink 5 ships etc.

Finally about to start this up this weekend. Anyone have anything they wish they knew before they started or should I just start playing?

like this
Finally about to start this up this weekend. Anyone have anything they wish they knew before they started or should I just start playing?

Not trying to be a smart aleck but to save time and links: "10 things I wish I had known before starting Assassin's Creed Odyssey" Put that without quotes in the search engine of your choice and you will get a slew of hits and vids super quick that will go a LONG ways for you.

Enjoy! :)

Speaking of XP/currency boosts, I am guessing the permanent one is not something able to be unlocked via the Oikos, which is a bit disappointing. However, are there other places in the game to get the temp boosts? The Ultimate Edition has a temp boost included and there is a UPlay unlock for a single temp boost (each lasting 2 hours if I recall. At the time I used mine it could not be paused and even ticked down during menu screens ) , but I am unsure if there are other places to get them. I was thinking that perhaps users could repeatedly turn in UPlay tokens for boosts, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Honestly, I think the Ultimate Edition should have included both of the permanent boosts available on the Helix Store to justify the cost increase, plus some older AC games added boosts to the "best" versions of their title.

Lol yeah I agree. I got the Ultimate Edition on sale but frankly, the MSRP isn't worth it - it should have definitely included the perma boosts.

This game is friggin amazing btw. I love RPGs, and I had a hard time getting into the Witcher 3 for some reason, this game was just so much easier for me to get into, and after about 25 hours it's definitely GOTY for me.

There's a bug with the new Lost Tale of Greece that makes it so you can't attack Daughters of Artemis NPCs at all, which means you can't complete their locations (you can't kill Lead Huntresses).
Avoid for now.

like this
I played the required 1 hour of the Project Stream version to qualify for the free game earlier tonight...was very fun and a major departure from the last AC game I played- Syndicate...also looks like a massive time sink...the streaming version played surprisingly well

Hands-on with Assassin's Creed Odyssey on Google's Project Stream
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...m-first-look-assassins-creed-odyssey-analysis

Last edited:
Quiver transmog is finally fixed.

The Hunter nerf is massive. My headshot damage has been cut by 1/2 or more.

like this
is it not possible to rebind the side mouse buttons in this game?...that would be a big help as there are a ton of keyboard/mouse buttons in this game

I remapped mine, so it works.

that's weird...I can't remap the side mouse buttons...I can remap the middle button but not the side ones...I've only played the Project Stream version so hopefully when I get the full version it works

I have my mouse's side buttons mapped to random unused keyboard keys like \ - = [ ] and then I map those keys in games and it works. :)

There's a bug with the new Lost Tale of Greece that makes it so you can't attack Daughters of Artemis NPCs at all, which means you can't complete their locations (you can't kill Lead Huntresses).
Avoid for now.
What if I already wiped them all out?

It may have been fixed in yesterday's patch, haven't heard anything yet.
If you're not attacking any daughters of artemis then I guess it doesn't matter anyway eh? :p

like this
This is insane: One of the best-in-slot weapons for Hunters is now a random epic spear with +7% crit on it. The only way to get it is during the Divine Intervention quest and you must take the Poseidon arc, where you will find it in a chest near the end. The kicker... It's sellable and destroyable. So most people will have either sold or dismantled it already.

The spear is "Master of Waters".

like this
Have to get back into rhis. Christmas vacation kept me away.

Have to keep raping greece and being the biggest whore i can

This is insane: One of the best-in-slot weapons for Hunters is now a random epic spear with +7% crit on it. The only way to get it is during the Divine Intervention quest and you must take the Poseidon arc, where you will find it in a chest near the end. The kicker... It's sellable and destroyable. So most people will have either sold or dismantled it already.

The spear is "Master of Waters".

so they nerfed it? not that far in the game yet, but from the video wow that thing is dope

I guess I'm about to find out myself. This seriously disappoints me if this is the case.
so they nerfed it? not that far in the game yet, but from the video wow that thing is dope
Yes, Hunter builds are now entirely crit dependant. You have to stack Crit Chance/Damage @ Full HP stat. A maxed build is 91% crit chance and around 500% crit damage. The best items are Epic (purple quality) with as much crit on them as possible.

While leveling, if you just wear random Hunter gear your damage will probably be very poor. If you plan on playing Hunter you should first go around the world and gather ALL of the "Crit Chance & Damage at Full Health" engravings listed here. You will also need regular Crit Chance engravings as well, but those unlock automatically as you level up. The next thing you should do is save scum blacksmiths and buy all the epic Hunter +Crit items that show up... This takes several hours, btw. Put on some movies or binge a TV show lol.

You will need at least 70% Crit Chance for the build to be effective otherwise you're better off stacking Assassination damage. There's also 80 mastery points required to max out all of the crit stats.

...Or you could just lower the difficulty, womp womp...

Yes, Hunter builds are now entirely crit dependant. You have to stack Crit Chance/Damage @ Full HP stat. A maxed build is 91% crit chance and around 500% crit damage. The best items are Epic (purple quality) with as much crit on them as possible.

While leveling, if you just wear random Hunter gear your damage will probably be very poor. If you plan on playing Hunter you should first go around the world and gather ALL of the "Crit Chance & Damage at Full Health" engravings listed here. You will also need regular Crit Chance engravings as well, but those unlock automatically as you level up. The next thing you should do is save scum blacksmiths and buy all the epic Hunter +Crit items that show up... This takes several hours, btw. Put on some movies or binge a TV show lol.

You will need at least 70% Crit Chance for the build to be effective otherwise you're better off stacking Assassination damage. There's also 80 mastery points required to max out all of the crit stats.

...Or you could just lower the difficulty, womp womp...

Well, this sucks because I have specifically been relying on Hunter as it's my favorite way to play by far. I'm fine collecting the engravings but unlocking the normal ones by leveling just means I gotta go outlevel everything so I can have the stuff earlier than later. Wonder why Ubi decided to do this?

I just went around and collected those Crit at Max HP engravings. I'm currently level 30, so basically I just have to find random purple gear that has +CRIT? I had originally planned on getting the full set of Artemis gear. Guess it's not that great without +CRIT chance?

Honestly at this point in the game I hadn't even really been relying on engravings much. How do I prioritize engravings?

Last edited:
I'm wearing odysseus set at 86% crit and 250% crit damage. The lion pants enchant would put me at 91% but I have the Celestial engraving there.
Artemis is useful as a gap filler since purples are better. It's still nice if you engrave CC or CD on every piece.

Not all stats are available on each piece. Here are the ones that you want:

HEAD
Hunter%
CC Full
CD

ARMS
Hunter%
CC
CD Full

TORSO
Hunter%
CD

LEGS
Hunter%
CC
CD Full

BOOTS
Hunter%
CC Full
CD Full

Last edited:
like this
So I was running through the Olympic village killing civilians to build my bounty really fast.
I needed adrenaline bars so I stabbed a random guard that was patrolling nearby. And a bounty quest popped up (the guard was a bounty quest target). I went to turn it in to the NPC and got my +10 orchi for the day. Which means I randomly killed the guard that was the target of my daily quest lol.

Patch 1.1.2 runs horribly on my desktop. No clue why that is but it appears other people are having this issue as well. Hoping for they have a hotfix when the next DLC is released.

Patch 1.1.2 runs horribly on my desktop. No clue why that is but it appears other people are having this issue as well. Hoping for they have a hotfix when the next DLC is released.

I've had this issue since 1.1.1. it was perfect before. after 1.1.1 FPS dropped and I get massive spikes of CPU and GPU (at the same time)
Like it runs meh, spike freeze, meh, etc.

I've had this issue since 1.1.1. it was perfect before. after 1.1.1 FPS dropped and I get massive spikes of CPU and GPU (at the same time)
Like it runs meh, spike freeze, meh, etc.

The Special K mod worked great for a while but failed on this patch. No damn clue how to fix it since I'd love to complete the rest of the content w/o massive spikes.

Started this up yesterday. I have to admit I expected the graphics to be roughly the same as Origins. They're way beyond that. So much so that a 2080Ti can't max everything out and maintain 60fps. Dropping the resolution monitor to 80-90% does the trick, though. Love the massive view distance and light effects with the clouds. The people look amazing, too. Gameplay is a little slicker...although why they swapped dodge to X from O boggles my mind. It's like NES games where the B button was for jumping. Luckily it's at least easily editable.

Back