Asrock rebates

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
Sorry if this not where this should go. I bought an Asrock board for my daughters pc and it cam ewith a $30 mir. just got around to reading the mir form and it says they needed to receive the mir within 10 days of the invoice date.
Is this common? Seems almost impossible to get the rebate seeing as the invoice date is the day I ordered and then waited for 3 days to get the package.

Does anyone have a work around for this?

TIA!

I haven't seen that short of a turn around, but I've always gotten ASRock rebates back, so that's a plus. Usually they are paper checks compared to pre-paid Visa cards also if that matters to you. I like paper checks better personally.

I did an ASRock rebate ($20) a few months ago for a Fatality B450. I got a paper check back within 10 days. I can never recall getting a rebate back so quickly in my life.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but I just figured I'd share!

it's just one of the many asinine rules that companies put in place to try to limit people using them. but like the others have said asrocks actually pretty good on getting the rebate check back to you in a timely manor instead of others that take a month or more just to get some crappy pre-paid visa.

Submit it anyway

I’ve had as many rebates come back from companies that were past the date due than are rejected.

You know what, I remember about a year ago submitting a rebate that was around 2 days late for making the postmark date. I submitted it anyways, and put a $1 bill inside the envelope. It was for a cheap $15 - $20 rebate. Sure enough, a couple of months later I got the check in the mail. You gotta figure, the person opening the envelopes is the one checking the postmark date. Getting a $1 tip might go a long ways.

One other similar situation. Around 6 months ago I had to RMA an ASUS Strix RX 480 with no video output. I read horror story after horror story about ASUS and their RMA process. I took a gamble, threw a $5 bill in the box with the paperwork. They received the card, shipped a replacement card out to me the SAME DAY, and I received it the next day. The card was away from me for 2 days before another one was in my hand. Did the $5 bill help? Who knows, but I bet it helped!

Yeah submit it anyway you should be fine. I have had good success with Asrock rebates, 100%. The 10 day thing is probably just a scare tactic.

You know what, I remember about a year ago submitting a rebate that was around 2 days late for making the postmark date. I submitted it anyways, and put a $1 bill inside the envelope. It was for a cheap $15 - $20 rebate. Sure enough, a couple of months later I got the check in the mail. You gotta figure, the person opening the envelopes is the one checking the postmark date. Getting a $1 tip might go a long ways.

One other similar situation. Around 6 months ago I had to RMA an ASUS Strix RX 480 with no video output. I read horror story after horror story about ASUS and their RMA process. I took a gamble, threw a $5 bill in the box with the paperwork. They received the card, shipped a replacement card out to me the SAME DAY, and I received it the next day. The card was away from me for 2 days before another one was in my hand. Did the $5 bill help? Who knows, but I bet it helped!

You know it has never occurred to me to tip them, but that's an interesting idea.

Back