Ask ASUS...Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of monitors out there today that are better than 27" 1080P. In fact, a 1080P monitor in that size is anything but good.

Yes, but screens I got 3 years ago are still better(as far as resolution is concerned) than anything on the market today.

*missing 2048x1152 res 23" panels*

When Ivy Bridge is released will your new microATX and mini ITX motherboards come out at the same time as the ATX boards, or a few weeks/months later?

When are we likely to see ASUS motherboards which incorporate Thunderbolt connectors?

Thanks!

There are lots of monitors out there today that are better than 27" 1080P. In fact, a 1080P monitor in that size is anything but good.

Nothing that runs at 120hz, its much more fluid than 60hz displays imo. Most importantly nothing that can do 3d at 60hz per eye. ;)

That reminds me any 23" lightboost displays from Asus on the horizon?

Why has my 5970 been out for RMA for 2+ months? Why does asus keep trying to replace it with slower cards?

They tried to "Upgrade" me from my dual 6870's to a single 6950... so i feel your pain. Contact Customer support and talk to Martin or Eric.

Have you fixed the problems with the VE278Q? I'm hearing a lot of complaints about a pretty serious oval halo backlight bleed also heard of a few complaints about the ir emitter.

I love ASUS having owned many of thier motherboards over the years, as well as at least 2 gpu's branded by them. I have always been treated more or less fair when in customer service, the times to responce are always good(for me anyways)

My question is 2 fold.

Why is it when we, the customers, buy say a gpu from ASUS, and on the box it states something like "voltage tweak up to 50% boost" and yet the card never works with voltage boosting. The needed adjustments are not present in the bios, and are not even part of the allowable ranges the Vregs are capable of(this is easily verified) simply, an option not provided, though it states that it is on the packagining material.

My question to the above regard, is will this ever change, in that a feature provided, is provided and not "in some cases" works as described.

Question 2 is, though I love your products, and fine they more or less work as described, I have 2 problems with ASUS, number 1 is, is it because you have so many different, well everything, that you do not seem to update drivers for months and months even though in some cases they are critical issues that need fixing. My 2nd problem in ths regard, do you ever plan on updating your website/host to make sure that when drivers are available they update properly and we can DL them at a reasonable speed from your website.

Thank you, I will continue to use your products as long as I do not have a reason to avoid them :)

Here's a question from an unhappy camper. What is going on with the VG278h's bleeding back light? And what's being done about it? I would expect these premium priced monitors to be prestine before they leave the lab. :mad:

Why not just buy the Extreme? At that price level, you've probably got the extra $50 to spare!

1. My case is ATX max. and I like my case.
2. There is no liquid nitrogen in my future.
3. I am "hoping" the on board X-Fi sound solution will make an acceptable substitute for my old PCI Creative X-Fi card that I also like.
4. The NIC looks to be a good one.

And no, I won't have $50.00 to spare. This will be a major upgrade cycle for me as I skipped X58 - (see sig.)
32 GB's of new memory will be needed along with a complete new water cooling loop. A new 30" monitor is also in my near term plan's. Oh yah, there's also the matter of a new SB-E chip and I will be upgrading to Kepler when it hits.
I have, as you can see, many places to deploy that "spare" fifty.

Last edited:
Why not just buy the Extreme? At that price level, you've probably got the extra $50 to spare!

The Rampage IV Formula should be hopefully priced at more like $369.99-$389.99 which is almost $100 difference from the $469.99 Extreme/BF3 available at Newegg. If it is only $40-$50 USD less though then like you said might as well just go with the Extreme.

Last edited:
Good afternoon and thank you for taking questions.

My Questions and concerns follow;

Why is the asus web site (www.asus.com) almost always slow to respond, often down, and seemingly not well maintained. No matter how good your products are driver, utility and update support can break your business. Example, My former motherboard, m2n32sli delux, the last time I wanted to install windows 7 fresh it was a nightmare because the only way to download the raid drivers is in the form of an application that makes a driver floppy disk. Not many people still use floppy drives. This is something that could easily be updated and I suspect is much more prevalent then just one motherboard model.

I'd like to use the Asus AI Suite, or at least parts of it, but cant because it absolutely will not install to my system (Win 7 - 64bit). Searching the web (and Asus forums) I have found this is a common issue with no solution for this motherboard. The last update to the AI Suite for the 990 fx was 6.23.11.

The documentation for the UEFI is very poor, cryptic and generally lacking in details. Many of the options have little or no description explaining what they do, control, or affect. A PDF file should be available in the downloads area with more detailed explanations. Yes, some of the options are very obvious and clear, however, not all of them are. When trying to solve problems or tweak out the best settings I should be able to look up what each switch, dial and control does not have to guess.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to a response and resolution on these and other concerns posted here at the [H].

Rock Solid - Heart Touching? Ok, I understand the Rock Solid part but how/why did you come up with the Heart Touching part?

Some thoughts and questions....

1. What is the development cycle, quality assurance testing, and certification process for new BIOS and driver releases? Some topics I'm interested in include continuous integration, software tools/utilities used, testing plans across platforms, when/how to decide products should be EOL and no longer be enhanced, etc.
2. The ASUS website can be difficult to navigate for choosing a particular driver. Getting to the desired product is easy; going further from there can get confusing with some verbage. Expiring very old drivers/downloads would also reduce the clutter and searching; alternatively, grouping the stuff more than two versions out into an "archives" area would be another acceptable approach.
3. Aside from the form-factor specifications, who is in charge of the "look" of a motherboard? The ROG line has a clear and distinct look. Any details you can share on who or what team(s) design the physical appearance, component layout, heatsinks, etc. would be interesting. (And not just for the extreme/enthusiast product markets.)

Why did ASUS chose the Tegra platform for their tablets and do you guys plan on stocking with the SOC for the foreseeable future?

Why do you not offer game focused Motherboards like the ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME with the standard soundblaster X-fi ({pref a 64mb model) built in it so it can support Eax out of the box?

I always buy a EAX soundcard and disable the motherboard audio if it had it built in It would free up a slot and space. lets face it the motherboard sound chips that have been used do not sound that great when there is soundblasters with EAX anyway.

http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Titanium-Fatal1ty/M/B0018EFGTM.htm

I am a relative new comer to building my own computers, and have been sticking with ASUS for many of my needs. Have 3 ASUS motherboards, 3 ASUS video cards, 1 ASUS network card (you get the idea...).

The products are good and we get great online support, justifying the price premium. However, I have heard more than a few horror stories about the RMA process, in the rare case something goes wrong. This seems to be an issue across different ASUS product lines, and across geographies.

One way to alleviate the problem, is to offer advance exchange. I think ASUS offers that for some of their products but not all. It would be wonderful if ASUS could do that for all their components.

While I do understand the need for ASUS to verify that the products were not abused, a majority of users do not fall into that category. Further with the credit-card authorization, ASUS is covered when it comes to protecting their interests.

Taking several weeks or months to repair a product puts the end-customer in a very inconvenient position. The repair process is often hit or miss, especially for a hard to reproduce problem.

By offering advance replacement ASUS can eliminate the one sore point in the end-user experience.

Are you planning to produce a slim, mid-range and gaming-capable laptop with good input?

Why do you not offer game focused Motherboards like the ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME with the standard soundblaster X-fi ({pref a 64mb model) built in it so it can support Eax out of the box?

I always buy a EAX soundcard and disable the motherboard audio if it had it built in It would free up a slot and space. lets face it the motherboard sound chips that have been used do not sound that great when there is soundblasters with EAX anyway.

http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Titanium-Fatal1ty/M/B0018EFGTM.htm

The "Rampage IV Formula" supports Creatives EAX HD 5.0 with it's on board sound solution.

When will ASUS start putting out boards that have a decent amount of spacing between PCI-E slots for running CFX or SLI (and not just the super expensive boards and the low end ASROCK boards)?

Having to water cool or rig the cards so they have a little bit of space in between them so they don't overheat is getting old.

At least 2x double spaced x16 slots should pretty much be standard. My ASROCK x58 Deluxe has excelent PCI-E spacing. I just wish ASUS would follow suite.

With much focus by system builders and consumers on quiet PC's and lower energy use increasing dramatically over the past few years, why are there still a lack of 4-pin PWM fan headers on most motherboards except for the more expensive SKU's? Why aren't all fan headers 4-pin PWM this day and age?

Last edited:
When you look at the downloads for motherboards, why is it that there often no descriptions and explanations? I'll give you an example. For the Asus P5Q, under WinXP, there's: "ASUS Update V7.14.02 Install Program for Windows 2000/XP & 64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista". Some of these things, you can't even guess what they are. I only buy a motherboard once every several years so I can't even guess what insiders in the industry already assume everyone knows.

Dear Asus,

As a long time Asus Motherboard buyer, I am curious as to why every time I go to get new drivers from your website for a specific model, that it is never up to date with other current driver versions found on other websites.

Are there any plans in the future, to try to keep drivers up to date on your website?

Thanks,
7 year Asus motherboard buyer.

+++

I love my ASUS VW266H's (I have 3 of them) but they are discontinued (which concerns me if one ever goes bad or breaks).

Do you have any upcoming monitors that are similar in size and resolution (1920x1200) and might have thinner bezels?

You recently released the ASUS Transformer Prime. Some of your competitors have smaller, more portable, and pocket friendly tablets on the market ranging from 7', 7'.7', 8.9', etc. Have you looked, or thought about looking into expanding into these sizes? There are alot of people who like the features of the Transformer, and now the Transformer Prime, but would want something that they can more easily carry around with them.

Last edited:
With much focus my system builders and consumers on quiet PC's and lower energy use increasing dramatically over the past few years, why are there still a lack of 4-pin PWM fan headers on most motherboards except for the more expensive SKU's? Why aren't all fan headers 4-pin PWM this day and age?

Also, why do those same 4pin PWM headers not support voltage control? Looking at my Max4GENE-Z, here.

How does, and how often does, Asus evaluate their RMA departments? I ask because there seems to be a lot of complaints, on this board alone, about your motherboard RMA's being done in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Specifically bad/used/damaged boards being sent back as replacements.

Following this post but relative to laptops Why some return with the same problem after many months? and why some have the issue fixed but come with other problem also after several months?

Note I like Asus image in general.

Last edited:
With much focus my system builders and consumers on quiet PC's and lower energy use increasing dramatically over the past few years, why are there still a lack of 4-pin PWM fan headers on most motherboards except for the more expensive SKU's? Why aren't all fan headers 4-pin PWM this day and age?

I've often wondered this myself.

do you have any plans to improve your technical support? especially for laptops?

Have you fixed the problems with the VE278Q? I'm hearing a lot of complaints about a pretty serious oval halo backlight bleed also heard of a few complaints about the ir emitter.

Here's a question from an unhappy camper. What is going on with the VG278h's bleeding back light? And what's being done about it? I would expect these premium priced monitors to be prestine before they leave the lab. :mad:

I would like an update on this. I have a faulty unit that my retailer wants me to pay return shipping for AND a 100 dollar restocking fee to even 'try' a replacement that could be just as faulty. I have yet to hear from support regarding an RMA. Seems like there are quite a few of these out there just looking at this post here

If you're not aware of this issue looks like. Here's an example after day 2 of usage.

yjMYG.jpg

Last edited:
Why do you (ASUS) insist on saying your name comes from Pegasus, yet you say it's pronounced like ay-zoos. It sounds like the Spanish Jesus. I've always pronounced it ay-sis. I am very serious about this. It really bothers me when I hear people say ay-zoos. It's not very inline with how Pegasus is pronounced. I pronounced it how I do long before I ever heard of your name coming from Pegasus. I only learned about Pegasus when I researched into how to pronounce your name after I heard the recent pronunciations of ay-zoos. It will not stop me from buying your products, but I WILL ridicule those people who make videos of unboxings and reviews saying your name in a way that I hate.

Its pronounced as "ah-sus". not aiy, not ai and definately no jesus...:D

OK, we are going to hold here since we have a lot of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back