Ashton Kutcher To Play Steve Jobs

HardOCP News

[H] News
No, this is not another lame April Fool's joke. Lame? Yes. Cruel joke? Yes. April Fool's day prank. Nope.

Mr. Kutcher, the sitcom star of “That ’70s Show” and “Two and a Half Men,” is set to portray Steve Jobs in an independent film about that Apple co-founder, Variety reported. The film, called “Jobs,” is to be directed by Joshua Michael Stern (“Swing Vote”).

That Noah Wiley dude is a 100% better actor and looks way more like Jobs.

That might be true, but nobody wants to see him in a movie. Kutcher has a bigger known name, and it'll get all the iSheep go and see him.

Hail to the Almighty! Long Live Our Lord Steve Jobs!

Hopefully this movie would further cement the beliefs of the Apple faithful, and sway the heretics and non-believers away from the wrong path. True enlightenment can only be achieved through the teachings of the Holy Apple and Our Lord Steve Jobs.

Well they can put whoever they want, I still won't go see it.

Kutcher is somewhat decent, not sure why there's an outrage already calling for his head.

That might be true, but nobody wants to see him in a movie. Kutcher has a bigger known name, and it'll get all the iSheep go and see him.

Yeah but it's an independent film, which means even though they got a name it's not going to get big press (actually known film companies are doing a Jobs movie too). Plus you can't imagine it'll be that good, every time he talks you hear Kelso, somehow that voice doesn't not command the presence that Noah Wyle did in Pirates of Silicon Valley.

I second the comment about Noah Wyle...not only would he do a better job, he has played the role before! Hell, he fooled the real life audience at MacWorld 1999 that he was Steve Jobs! I don't have any beef against Kutcher, but other then some physical resemblance, is he really enough of an actor to play Steve Jobs? I don't even like Apple and I'm still annoyed by this pick.

Kutcher probably can't even grow a proper Steve Jobs beard for the role. Sheesh.

That Noah Wiley dude is a 100% better actor and looks way more like Jobs.

Yea, I agree.

Kutcher isn't a huge asshole like Job's was. Not sure how that's going to play out.

And I loved the Butterfly Effect. Great movie, IMO.

Is this going to be another Passion of the Christ where Jobs gets flailed with Android tablets and Microsoft operating systems by angry Romans on the streets as he carries around a large iPad?

Is this going to be another Passion of the Christ where Jobs gets flailed with Android tablets and Microsoft operating systems by angry Romans on the streets as he carries around a large iPad?

Probably...

I've never seen Kutcher in a film where he threw a temper tantrum and was a ruthless, nasty and egotistical person in a position of power.

I'm not sure he'll be able to do it convincingly.

Zarathustra[H];1038564684 said:
I've never seen Kutcher in a film where he threw a temper tantrum and was a ruthless, nasty and egotistical person in a position of power.

I'm not sure he'll be able to do it convincingly.

His wife (or is it ex-wife?) was horrible too in movies like Margin Call.

Kutcher is exactly the kind of hipster Apple markets to.

What the fuck does this even mean? You don't become with worlds most valuable tech company marketing to a niche of society.

The amount of anger and butthurt over Apple and Jobs on here is laughable. The guy took something that only geeks and nerds used and turned it into an empire. He brought a company days (yeah thats right DAYS) from death back to the top. A model of business success...

Ya'll should cry more...now back to your mom's basement to play on your leet gaming PC's with your tweaked out Android phones.

As for Kutcher meh, I would have prefered the guy who played him in Silicon valley but being an indy film it will probably be done very well.

jobs-kutcher-2.jpg

Ok guys, just watch the movie Pirates Of Silicon Valley!!! Enuff said, fantastic movie!

What the fuck does this even mean? You don't become with worlds most valuable tech company marketing to a niche of society.

The amount of anger and butthurt over Apple and Jobs on here is laughable. The guy took something that only geeks and nerds used and turned it into an empire. He brought a company days (yeah thats right DAYS) from death back to the top. A model of business success...

Yep, a house of cards based on marketing and flashy shiny objects appealing to today's "blingy" showoff culture.

Apple wouldn't know true innovation if they fell over it. Everything they've ever done was done by someone else first. Then they just took it using a "fast follower" approach (saving themselves a ton on development costs) and blinged it up and marketed the crap out of it.

Apple has two real strengths. Marketing and pretty Industrial Design. Their successes in the last ~14 years is really just a sad reflection of a society where the majority of people care more about appearances than substance, and are willing to pay through the nose for it.

I don't know whether to admire Jobs for turning his realization of how pathetic people are into a successful business, or to hate him for taking advantage of human materialistic frailty, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

They share many physical features; however, when it comes to Kutcher's ability to correctly portray the intellectual genius of Steve Jobs...a poor choice was made.

They share many physical features; however, when it comes to Kutcher's ability to correctly portray the intellectual genius of Steve Jobs...a poor choice was made.

Genius? The only fact that Jobs ever stated that if it werent for LSD windows woudlnt exist.
Him and Mr Gate were getting high all day back then.

I can imagine it, "hey dude, maybe we should make this thing where you can click with a "mouse" instead of having to go through typing all these commands, pass that joint!!"

Back