Ashes of Creation Intrepid Studios MMO

This is looking like everything a MMO should be I expect high system requirements with 100 vs 100 battles.

Reminds me of the Desert maps back in EQ2 which I didn't play much cause I was under leveled but you could get a flying carpet mount somehow which was really cool looking saw some leveled 80 players with one. Alot of the maps in early MMOs were small and cramped. Rift was pretty decent with maps not too big that you wouldn't see anyone for hours the teleports were really cool in Rift.

This updated UNREAL 5 stuff put the game over well they just sit and rest to increase their stats again. I hope Ashes has World Raid bosses those were friggin awesome in Rift.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone knows it's still in Alpha as far as I know they switched everything to Unreal 5. They have official forums on their website but didn't bother going there.
The biggest thing I read there is no controller support so you are basically a slave to the keyboard WSAD keys and a mouse. I think this is due to expansive spell and ability liists
they have it for New World but the abilities are limited for your character.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone knows it's still in Alpha as far as I know they switched everything to Unreal 5. They have official forums on their website but didn't bother going there.
The biggest thing I read there is no controller support so you are basically a slave to the keyboard WSAD keys and a mouse. I think this is due to expansive spell and ability liists
they have it for New World but the abilities are limited for your character.

Thanks for the info. As far as console kiddy gamepad controller, yeah I would never expect a serious MMO RPG to support that, it's gotta be keyboard + mouse.

This game looks so hopelessly soul-less and incomplete that I'm not sure it will ever see the light of day. The spell effects are neat (if not particularly very good) but it seems way too early in development to worry about such minutiae. Make the game fun first and then add the pizazz..

This game looks so hopelessly soul-less and incomplete that I'm not sure it will ever see the light of day. The spell effects are neat (if not particularly very good) but it seems way too early in development to worry about such minutiae. Make the game fun first and then add the pizazz..

Ugh that's so sad to hear. I'm so looking to dump WoW and looks for a solid next gen MMO, was hoping this may be it, but maybe not.

Looks awesome to me compared to what was going on five years ago it's a subscription game 15.00 a month. Would like to see some Void and Light Nukes from Dark Age iif Camelot in the game.

This game is the only thing we got Steve Scharif the creator of the game used to own some kinda beverage company which is where he got the money to fund the game. Plus Kickstarter that helped as well going to be a subscription game.

It is looking good.. more hopeful this’ll actually release before pantheon.. maybe next year ? Could use a good mmo these days.

Dem spiders are cool looking also the area with the crystal reminds me of Rift.Maybe they stole the best parts of Rift and added it to this game. Rift had the biggest cash shop I ever saw in a game I spent enough on it and learned the hard way. got a Nebula horse and a few other cool mounts. Ashes of creation is going to have a cash shop no doubt
usually people quit games when they no longer get anything out of them so devs make them addicting as possible.

Preorders for Alpha 2 ended ages ago... your link is 4 months old even :).

Just going by their email which used that link. I guess they are just closing them then.
From the email which included that link...
We wanted to let you know that only a few hours remain until the Pre-Order packs leave our shop forever! Our final Pre-Order packs are only available until Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

Our Pre-Order packs have been a way for players to support the project by providing an opportunity to collect exclusive cosmetic appearances that are used in creating the world of Verra, while respecting our commitment to no pay-to-win whatsoever. As we get closer to our Alpha Two testing phase in the third quarter of 2024, we have amassed a large group of players and want to ensure a glorious experience for everyone that signed up to help make Ashes of Creation the MMORPG it deserves to be.

As internal and external testing phases move forward, we may provide additional ways for players to purchase access to testing phases like Alpha Two, Beta One, and/or Beta Two. If we do this in the future, it will not include the same approach to rotational cosmetic items that were part of our Pre-Order system.

View: https://youtu.be/p8DVCxYD_28?si=BmC0HXMRSRTNXyWZ

I'm not even interested in Pantheon after sleeping on this game for a while. Unreal 5 really made the difference. Eating 🍓🍑 so I can live long enough to play this. Unlike Camelot unchained that game might never come out.

I hope the add classes with Pets that advance in size it character as you level.

Looks a lot like Rift. A game that failed horribly. What is different in this game compared to Rift?

Back