Arma 2 casual meetups

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by jonneymendoza, Apr 30, 2011.

1. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza [H]ardness Supreme

Read first post on what mods to get. Buy Arma 2 combined ops and arma 2 reinforcements

i will update first post with this info

That radar shows where your squad mates are. i'll join MissilesMoose server one day. At the moment im having loads of fun on UO server

2. Jon855

Jon855 [H]ardForum Junkie

Oh I have the game and all of the DLCs, I'll just go through and make sure that the mods are working and what not... Thanks though. So can't wait for my TrackIR 5 to arrive.

3. Jon855

Oh and I most likely probably will not be using TS cause well it's almost worthless for me considering that I'm deaf but I'll install it so that we can chat whenever game's down or whatever. I don't like Xfire - I prefer Steam's overlay better than Xfire personally.

:) Don't worry, I'll be the lead bait if you need to find out where the heck somebody's shooting us from!

4. castun

castun 2[H]4U

Hmm, I've got all the mods installed but haven't ever seen that radar, even when playing a few games on the 132nd's server.

5. jonneymendoza

yea just install six updater and your good to go. can download ACE, JSRS and ACRE from their

Ahh ok, so you are totaly death? JSRS mod wont benifit you then as its a sound mod. same with ACRE

umm it might be a UO server mod. have you played on the UO server yet?

6. fattypants

fattypants 2[H]4U

Never mind.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  7. Jon855

Alright I'll give that Six Updater a spin and I'll forgo the mods that are not necessary for me.

I'll figure out the rest - I'm hoping that I can jump in on the server sometimes later today to see how things are all going and such :)

And I'm not totally 'death' ;) Though I do use my headphones, I do okay with environments only thing I do badly is vocal sounds. So don't worry, I can hear gunshots and stuff like that.

8. jonneymendoza

in that case get JSRS mod. its a sound mod for gun shots.

9. castun

castun 2[H]4U

Nope, not yet. I've seen quite a few other screenshots & videos where people have had the little radar also, thought I remember reading it was just a part of the ACE mod.

10. castun

castun 2[H]4U

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that the mod with the squad radar is ShacTac Fire Team HUD.

Might want to add it into the list of mods you gave in the OP, as well as updating the 132nd's TS info. ;)

11. jonneymendoza

12. castun

castun 2[H]4U

Shameless bump.

So I joined 132nd a little while back, we're looking for people to play, either as members or just guests. Feel free to join up and have some fun!

ts3.132ndsoar.com:7570

13. jonneymendoza

14. Roliath

Roliath 2[H]4U

Bumping this, I just picked up arma 2: operation arrowhead. I was told by a buddy on steam to go ahead and download/install six updater. So I got that installed and it automatically installed a bunch of ACE addons; @ACE (D), @ACEX (D), @ACEX_SM, @CBA (D), and @CBA_OA (D).
    I need to read up on what does what, but I primarily bought this for SP play (I will get into MP but I need to get the jist of things first).
    So with that in mind, are there any suggestions you guys have as far as SP enhancements or even any scenarios I should check out?
    TIA.

15. castun

castun 2[H]4U

As far as SP goes, you could always play the main campaigns, they're pretty good and will help teach you some stuff. There's also the single missions as well. I don't really know of any specific missions or scenarios that will help you learn though, it all kind of runs together.