Are you someone who generally gets owned online?

in games, depends on the game.. in FPS I can often hold my own, but have bad days. Other games like Civ 5 or others like it i tend to get violated a few timed over before i go back to an FPS.

No once I put any kind of effort into a game I'm above average 2-1 MVP, but not amazing just because I'm not that competitive. I'm more of a team player. I don't really have off days I just get bad really fast if I don't practice due to my cerebral palsy. If I go without playing for a week or more in CS I start to drop off pretty quick. I've been avoiding competitive lately just haven't found a team I like to roll with and randoms even in competitive piss me off.

For some reason any Call of Duty game though I just login and pubstar immediately 4-1. I think it's because COD doesn't have a competitive mode and Deathmatch or TDM is just extreme easy mode for me. I don't play COD it's not rewarding since it's not very team oriented. Spam, spray and pray, camp dumb godmode spots? Yeah I can do that.

TF2 I lost interest in a long time ago. They kept respecing everything over and over that I got tired of trying to get good at one map or class.

I used to be pretty good at BFBC2 and BF3, but EA really overdid it with choking your wallet in map packs, shitty server platforms and stability issues. I will watch the progress of Hardline but I fucking hate EA at this point and haven't bought an EA game since BF3.

I don't play MOBA games and RTS. They're almost less about Strategy and more about being the fastest set key clicker and loudest "faggot" caller.

Kind of looking forward to Evolve though. I watched some online matches looks really promising. Killing Floor 2 needs to come out yesterday.

In FPS games I usually do pretty good. In other games I usually get owned. In MMOs I usually get owned in PVP.

I usually do the owning in any FPS game, do well in MOBA, but get reamed in pretty much any RTS.

Yes. I'm over 40 now and have played in several leagues over the years in CS, CSS, DoD and BF but just don't have time anymore to play. Once i DO get to play now maybe once every 2-3 weeks, i get owned badly.

I use to do decent. While I was in college, I had a 5-6 kdr in Quake 2 & Unreal Tournament. Over time it's been dropping though, and CoD:AW was the first game that I've ever had a sub 1 kdr (let alone a sub 2), so I would say I'm now getting owned in them.

Now, RTSs, I'm horrible. Anyone here could probably beat me blind folded.

I suck hind tit in online FPS's, and pretty much always have. Not a twitch games, simply don't have the manual dexterity to play that style game. But in games with a teamwork aspect, i tend to do very well indeed. Not because i am a killing machine, but because i can and will play support classes AS support classes.

Yup. I did awesome at ut99, but not much else. Still love that game.

Not in fps. RTS I usually hold my own. Only games I find boring like moba's I'll get owned.. I don't find those games fun enough to learn.

Yes. Not ashamed to admit that this is why I tend to stay away from multiplayer games. :p

I have always been average at FPS's. I was never league material by any means, but my gameplay always improved. I generally don't have enough time to dedicate to newer games to get good on a competitive level.

Quite a bit. I'm a glutton for punishment and play mostly CSGO. It used to bother me but then I reminded myself its a game. I don't really lose or win anything. Even the cheaters don't bother me now.

Really depends. Most of my MP is done in form of PvP in ToR. As teams are randomly drawn, it all depends on others. And people right now have problems with understanding that there are other forms of game than deathmatch. It also doesn't count who has more frags, if your team looses the match.

Talking about being owned... then it's SC2 for me. Tried that few times, and was owned all the time. Guess I had wrong build queue or too little/too many gathering units.

Everyone, pro or not has good days and has bad days.

I think it all depends on how much you've dedicated to getting better.

Chances are, for a game you're not used to, you're going to be slow at it. That's like anything else. But if you stick with it, no matter what game, you'll always see progression .

Everyone gets owned and everyone owns in their best days.

I used to absolutely dominate in Call of Duty World at War, used to go 4-5 K/d all the time.
Unfortunately, this was the last online FPS game that I actually did so well in. I've had good days on Battlefield 3 or 4. I've had great days in Black Ops 1, 2, Modern Warfare, Halo 3, etc... But not like World at War. I guess it was just "my game".

Another reason too is I've been getting extremely bored with FPS's , so I'm all about RTS and RPGs.

Game at your own pace and that's it.

One of the most fun yet competitve online rts was Company of Heroes. What a fun game yet extremely frustrating when you're up against a team better than you. Lol

17 kill streak in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare yesterday /flex

Generally if i'm not too tired/drunk, i'm in the top 5 of whatever MP game I play, with occasional horrible games and occasional amazing how-did-i-do-that games.

Anymore I only really put a good amount of effort/time into one or two titles, so across the broader spectrum of games I play now and again I get rocked haha. It just takes practice generally to truly get good, but in some genres (like FPS and some fighting games for example) once you learn one well you tend to maintain at least a decent level of competency across other titles.

I've not once played an RTS online though (and not much offline either tbh), so if that were to happen my soul would likely just crumble. ;-;

When I'm playing with new players i usually cut them some slack, but when i'm playing with ppl which have tons of playtime but still can't compete in versus due to : poor-zero communication / 20fps + vsync - gay default rates / wireless 80hz mice - mouse acceleration on / terrible situational awareness because they're playing with speakers instead of headphones then i can be REALLY mean to them like yesterday where i had the day off and played about 6 versus matches and won only 2 of them due to the immense amount of noobiness of my teammates. ( i play usually with members of the l4d2 greek community group only, but the teams are usually random not fixed )

I feel very frustrated at times, it may sound cocky but i have made ppl who have known me for quite a long time ragequit because they happened to be on the opposing team,some of them even accused me for hacking :S keep in mind that I skeet hunters pretty often, shoot boomers through walls/bushes and react like i can see behind walls and have eyes on my back. ( x-fi cmss3d pwns, hehe :p )

But .... when i'm playing with other 3 greek guys ( haven't pub stomped since last year, honestly, it's boring and feels unfair most of the time ) I can be really mean to them if they don't do follow my orders and rush forward like headless chickens who think its 4vs1.

Call me elitist / nerd i don't care, I got a full time job + a strict cutting diet which forces mean to eat small balanced meals every 3 f*cking hours + I do weights 4 times a week, i don't want to lose to noobs because a member of my team doesn't have even the half amount of skill that i do and/or doesn't follow orders, I've even removed some friends from my list because they costantly made the same stupid mistakes like camping their boomer behind a wall or missing a really easy charge ( like the classic one on dark carnival - chapter 3 - roller coaster ) , and i was usually not the only one who bashed them in-game.

Some other times i can be polite but when i talk like a truck driver and bark like a drill sergeant i usually do it because they 100% deserve it, you can't press right click when you see a charger or be SI and camp behind a wall ( unless obviously you're the hunter and you're standing upright instead of ducking ) it's just not acceptable for someone who has over 800hrs of playtime ffs ! Fyi I preordered a 4pack back in nov 09 and i'm currently at 570hrs total.

Btw rq is a cardinal sin and valve should develop a anti-rq system soon, I very rarely rage,even if my team is full of imbeciles i calm down after the end of second/third chapter and do my best, knowing that we're very likely going to lose in because somebody will screw up and it's 90% certain that I will be the last teamate to blame ( i do mistakes too, but not that often, no problem admiting it ) i have raged about 4-5 times so far and i only did it because the other 3 ppl got their egos destroyed and left, inviting me to join them at another lobby.

that was me ^ :p ~ 4 years ago

Haven't done any lifting since mid '12 (shit happens) went all the way from from 89kg 15% bf to 96kg 27% (ouch)

thankfully i met an amazing woman during the summer of '11, we've been through a lot together since then and i still love her, she's a bit older than me (i was born in 1988, she was born 3 years earlier ) and we really get along (90% of the time :p) I was also lucky enough to meet a hollistic doctor during the same period, he made something like a "personal food intolarency list" that helps me lose fat and keep some of my mascularity at the same while eating lots of peanutt butter bulgur wheat french fries full fat sheep yoghurt sausages etc.

so I managed to lose quite a lot weight (and fat) during the last 18 months using his "list" without much physical activity, (still miss the days of my old training regime tho) I also uninstalled l4d2 back in january because I ran out of "gamung friends", some of them just moved on, while others remained so incompotetent, even after 2000hrs of logged playtime they made the same stupid mistakes over and over again, 100ms lerp + laptop speakers + learning disabliities ftw i guess

Judging from my recent accomplishments - lol (csgo matchmaking, master guardian II in just 12 wins ~ <50 hours playtime total at the time) it seems that i still "got it" - it doesn't matter that much tho, most of my FPS time is/was public play with randoms, not ESL ladders or anything.

Last edited:
I think it all depends on how much you've dedicated to getting better.

Chances are, for a game you're not used to, you're going to be slow at it. That's like anything else. But if you stick with it, no matter what game, you'll always see progression .

Hate him or not Fatal1ty once said the only reason he did as well as he did was because he practiced for 8 hours a day 5 days a week and ran a couple miles a day to keep his energy up. There's some 8 year old pure energy perfects out there but 90% of the competitive scene in CSGO just practices all day everyday.

I'll hear "OMG how did you know I was there, lucky flash" yadda yadda in pubs. It's because I've put 200 hours into this map, you made noise and I've bounced that nade off that door 1000 times to get it just right dumbass. and I'm no where near as dedicated as actual good CS players. I was a CSS kid.

I used to be pretty decent at FPS games, but at this point I've mostly abandoned them competitively. The few times I have hopped in and played again I've gotten busted up pretty badly.
I'm still okay at fighting games, though. I keep 75%-80% win rate over thousands of matches in the Street Fighter games.

I kick ass in bf4! In COD Advance warfare... I get my ass handled with no lube.:(

in my old dods day i used to kick ass!!

now ive been playing csgo, and the scores dont look anything like that. 1-1 maybe 1.5-1 on a really good day. im a mg1 right now.

In general yes I get owned.

BF4 - Hold my own but usually hover around 1 KDR with heavy obj scores.
Moba (Dota 2) - Meh, but sometimes I get rail roaded and there is nothing I can do about it.
SCII - I just get destroyed
Card Games like Hearthstone if I take my time I can do well, but I am a victim of impatience.

I can hold my own in FPS (though I don't play PvP FPS much anymore), but stuff like MOBAs and RTS I usually get reamed. Used to do alright in TA/SupCom/SupCom2 but other than that...not really.

BF2.. lol. I had to just stop playing. Every time I would spend more than a few seconds in the open I would be dead... I mean it got ridiculous.. I guess there were loads of people who just played it 24/7 and knew the maps and game so well.. they'd just snipe anyone they could see... if I hid in the shadows and hugged walls I could live a lot longer.. I guess that's pretty realistic for a war zone though but it got a bit tiresome.

With a mostly indoor but with some large spaces death match or capture the flag type FPS games I can hold my own though..

with RPGs and the like I'm decent at DPS.

I own in fps thanks to my aimbot. I own in RTS thanks to my map hack. Yup, I'm the best.

Kidding aside, with old age I suck now so I don't bother with mp.

Yeeppp..

Rarely do I ever own other players in games. :\ There was only ONE TIME in Tribes Ascend on ONE MAP for only ONE NIGHT where I pwned players and made it #1 on scoreboard with a nice K/D. People started ganging up on me because of being owned one too many times. :D Lots of headshots from me to them hehe.

Besides that experience, I barely remember one or two other games and special moments where I experienced pwning spree. :D

Pretty sure I would be owned now days. Was excellent in tribes and better than average in enemy territory. I lost interest in most FPS PVP games after that. RTS I like to play but put me against other players i get stomped.

As with others I think it is a time issue. If I could sit and play all day I'm sure I'd be able to get my skills back up there.

I mainly play FPS these days. I either hold my own or have absolutely horrible games. When it is bad, I will find I can't even kill someone when they are prone and I am standing over and behind them. Then again this may just be the result of playing BF4.

i used to be ranked in the top 100 in the world in quake2 expert ctf. yes, i'm old.

most new fps games i just hide in a bush somewhere and hope i don't get killed.

I pretty much get my ass handed to me. However, I'm not to shabby on L4D2.

It depends. I play a lot with friends, and as of late, it has not been in our favor.

yup. doesnt matter too much in what and its been years since I bothered to play anything online, I'm just not that committed to anything anymore...used to be pretty good at DOA though.

Battlefield 4, infantry I can usually hold my own.I've always been a ground pounder. When it comes to vehicles..I suck which is surprising because I used to be good at the attack chopper in BF2, even flew with a joystick. But I suck now,whatever. I still have fun.

I do okay in CS, can hold my own but you will win some and lose some.

MMORPGs, pk'ing, pvp yeah I suck completely and get owned.

Last edited:
I play StarCraft 2 and CSGO right now. SC2 is always a struggle and I'm still gold after a long hiatus. Started of losing ablotbinbabrow (like 0-15), but I'm like 74-68 for the season now which is a good turn around. I get owned CSGO though. I'm happy with a 1 kdr which is sad. Have only played a week or so though.

Usually I am the one owning. A classic "I fuck, you suck" kind of situation.

Then again, I don't play "modern warfare" shooters. I am unable to accept the idiotic cover-based gameplay and its stop moving and use the iron sight if you want to hit anything at all concept.

No, that's for noobs. It's no coincidence all of these games are team-based. This is how devs offset people's inability to play the game. They also tend to have leves, unlockable, and all kinds of flashy messages/medals/etc., designed to make noobs feel good about themselves.

FPS I get owned but dont care. I enjoy them. I always play the SP campaign first though.

Back