Are there any graphics intensive non violent games?

adobian

Limp Gawd
Any non violent games but also graphics intensive? I guess Flight Simulators etc. are some.

But any others?

Racing games? DiRT 2 has modest system requirements but it sure looks pretty.

Edit: Beaten to the punch.

i'm pretty sure i've killed a handful of people in dirt 2 with some of the times i've ran people off the road... or cliff.

:)

look at some adventure games, most are non-violent.

or you have games like Lego Star Wars/Indiana Jones - suprisingly good looking graphics wise.

there are also games like the Sims3, SimCity 4, CityLife etc..

if you want a great stategy game that looks great look at Sins of the SOlar Empire

Anno 1404 and Settlers 7 both are pretty demanding strategy/SimCity style games, but they are also from Ubisoft (barf).

What constitutes violence? Strategy games can be considered "violent" 'cause they generally involves war and conquest.

Dude, just get Sims 3.

He meant fun now. Tetris was fun maybe 25 years ago.

Tetris, just on original Gameboy alone has sold over 35 million copies. Are you saying these 35 million people have bad taste or something? Why would you even bother disputing that people love this game?

Supposedly you can finish Alpha Protocol without killing anyone. Not sure if it still looks violent though. "Graphically Intense" is another matter.

Maybe Audiosurf if you put the settings to the max

Burnout Paradise

Last edited:
Just Cause 2 is graphically intense and can be used as a vehicle/flight simulator.

Are you against violence or just not wanting gore and killing people? Are medic roles or "killing" skeletons acceptable?

And how intense? If it's a summer day, 85 degrees and dry? 100 and humid? 110 and suffocating like the Burmese jungle? There are lots of beautiful games but they might not be intensive.

Well this thread is kind of sad.
The only entertaining games and the only games where developers are putting lots of focus on to graphics are those that are primarily violent. Violence and pretty things ftw...I guess.

I would go with Flight Simulator X and then mod the hell out of it using FTX or mega scenery. Those look purrtty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t-dlNjNkFY&feature=related

You could also get some sports games and racing games. The Sims is always fun and the third one is definitely good looking.
Oh and GTAIV.

Last edited:
there are only 2 kinds of video games-

1. those in which you shoot
2. those in which you don't

One game that came to mind that looks great is Black and White 2..

Also Ghost Busters is a great looking game that is only violent against ghosts

Or games from the Myst series. Ok, ok, don't need a AMD 5000 gen card for those. :D

What about "Hello Kitty's Island Adventure?"

So much Graphics, it will burn your card up if you dont have 3 120mm fans on it.

Aquaria, Braid, Trine, World of Goo, and Psychonauts are low violence and either have good art direction or good graphics (or both). GRID maybe?

Back