Are Female Soldiers Coming to Video Games?

Form follows fashion and with the recent announcement of women joining their brothers-in-arms on the battlefield, it’s only safe to bet the gaming industry will follow suite. With more female combat personnel showing up as featured characters, soon male dominated world of gaming playing field may just be leveled a little further.

They better before one of them gets smart and sues EA for sexism and takes them to the cleaners for every game now owned by EA that doesn't have a female carrying a gun.

Oh wait never mind let them sue EA.

They don't come with guns, they just nag their male counterparts until their soul is dead.

You can only use them 3 weeks out of the month; the fourth they spend eating bon bons and watching Sandra Bullock movies.

They won't jump in water in the games 'cause they just got their hair did.

Power-ups now will come in the form of red wine and chocolates.

They can only come in groups of two. If you try and get three or more together in a squad two of them keep wandering off to talk trash about the rest.

They don't come with guns, they just nag their male counterparts until their soul is dead.

You can only use them 3 weeks out of the month; the fourth they spend eating bon bons and watching Sandra Bullock movies.

They won't jump in water in the games 'cause they just got their hair did.

Power-ups now will come in the form of red wine and chocolates.

You guys weren't using those souls for anything important anyhow. Don't act like it's a big deal that they're being devoured or destroyed.

The rest of that is all true though. :eek:

Ohai! Welcome to the forum!

All those games you mentioned aside from COD and Battlefield are pretty much tiny niche games...except maybe Halo. Mass Effect wasn't based on anything famous. Star Wars stuff is based on a bunch of almost black and white movies that have a fanbase of mostly 60+ year olds who were 20 when the movies came out. The Elder Scrolls is a niche single player RPG in a world of MMOs. Guild Wars is a freebie MMO that is really tiny and Borderlands is some kind of oddity that I haven't even heard out outside of [H] forums.

All of the games he mentioned have sold several million copies each. Hardly tiny or niche, they're just not online.

All of the games he mentioned have sold several million copies each. Hardly tiny or niche, they're just not online.

I thought pretty much all of them had some sort of multiplayer online element except for Skyrim. Well, I don't know about Borderlands. Maybe one of the two or three people who have played it can say if it has multiplayer.

I thought pretty much all of them had some sort of multiplayer online element except for Skyrim. Well, I don't know about Borderlands. Maybe one of the two or three people who have played it can say if it has multiplayer.

Skyrim has no multiplayer because it is a game where you pretty just download naked textures and sexy time simulators with other fantasy races. the whole game concept revoles around bestiality and the game title is (I have been informed) a reference to the name for a lewd sexual act performed on aircraft toilets.

Therefore Bethesda were not allowed to sell it with multiplayer as all the sex would involve 12 year olds on XBL.

Skyrim has no multiplayer because it is a game where you pretty just download naked textures and sexy time simulators with other fantasy races. the whole game concept revoles around bestiality and the game title is (I have been informed) a reference to the name for a lewd sexual act performed on aircraft toilets.

Therefore Bethesda were not allowed to sell it with multiplayer as all the sex would involve 12 year olds on XBL.

That explains why my khajiit character keeps getting lewd stares from all those city guards...despite random texture and lighting errors...between frequent crashes to the desktop.

I find large chests to be attractive, but that's not an excuse to have them with their clothes off.

seems a lot of games and other media like to show woman with stupidly large tits >.>
im sorry but your 65DDD are not attractive to me >.<
my girlfriend is a some where between and AA and A

Which is a perfect example of the repercussions of the feminizing of an entire generation. Go to a middle-school and half the boys look like this.

yes, the boys dress in whatever style that attracts the girls.

Girls these days like wimpy, stick-armed, fem-boys.

In order for male gamers to accept female solders. Developers will be force to address the issue of rape. if they do not then the majority of men will not be willing to immerse them selves in the game. They will refuse it like the matrix... I pick girl all the time because they are usually harder to shoot in games. The hit boxes are different.

In order for male gamers to accept female solders. Developers will be force to address the issue of rape. if they do not then the majority of men will not be willing to immerse them selves in the game. They will refuse it like the matrix... I pick girl all the time because they are usually harder to shoot in games. The hit boxes are different.

Rape? I have yet to play any video game to touch the topic of rape. Pretty much any game I have played there was a consensual sexual theme.

What the hell? I don't even...

seems a lot of games and other media like to show woman with stupidly large tits >.>
im sorry but your 65DDD are not attractive to me >.<
my girlfriend is a some where between and AA and A

DD titties, top shelf liquor..

A titties....mmm... beer in a can..

Rape? I have yet to play any video game to touch the topic of rape. Pretty much any game I have played there was a consensual sexual theme.
The context of the male gamer in this discussion is not the playable characters but the people playing the video games...Ya know the ones screaming in you ear all the time. Those guys :eek:

The context of the male gamer in this discussion is not the playable characters but the people playing the video games...Ya know the ones screaming in you ear all the time. Those guys :eek:

So you are saying a majority of people who play video games support raping female soliders? You can't honestly be serious.

So you are saying a majority of people who play video games support raping female soliders? You can't honestly be serious.
I am saying that That majority will think that the women not killed in battle will be sexually assaulted in some way in war sims. If that assault is not addressed in some way. That same majority will not accept those games and suspend their belief. How to address it I do not know, but it has to be confronted.

I am saying that That majority will think that the women not killed in battle will be sexually assaulted in some way in war sims. If that assault is not addressed in some way. That same majority will not accept those games and suspend their belief. How to address it I do not know, but it has to be confronted.

I really don't think this is something that needs to be addressed in a game and when you first mentioned it I was very much thinking "wtf is this dude smoking... I want some". ;)

I have yet to play any video game to touch the topic of rape. Pretty much any game I have played there was a consensual sexual theme.
Final Fantasy 6 had a pretty rough scene strongly suggesting a rape had just occurred. She was a soldier, but not exactly a "grunt"... at 12 years old that game was pretty intense *shivers*

So you are saying because there is a statistic out there that a high number of female troops are raped in the military that war sims will have to address this?

WTF are you smoking man? Its not like I play Tomb Raider and in the middle of the game she stops to put a pad in because she is getting her period.

In fact until now that hasn't even been a thought in the back of my mind. So no it doesn't need to be addressed.

Back