Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Haven't bought one yet.

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Not buying one.

Votes: 28 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly everyone here knows if they want this phone or not. Nobody that likes android is going to change their mind becrause of a few videos that subjectively tried to say one phone is better than the other. If you like IOS you will probably like this phone. If you don’t, you probably won’t. There are really good phones for whatever OS you like. Can we not turn the one iPhone thread into another this vs that thread?

"video rendering" ? I've owned like a couple dozen smartphones over years, never once rendered a video, and actually none of my family ever do that either, we don't edit videos on a phone. Another useless test to me and people I know.

And that YouTube channel is just so pro Apple is sickening, that guy is Mr. iSheep, obviously the name of the channel speaks for itself, but come on dude, do you need to be whacking off Mr. Cook on every video.

Lol, is the person who flamed me for returning the Note 8 defending the iPhone and saying that Note 8 isn't smooth when that was one of the reasons I returned mine? :ROFLMAO:. Hysterical

"video rendering" ? I've owned like a couple dozen smartphones over years, never once rendered a video, and actually none of my family ever do that either, we don't edit videos on a phone. Another useless test to me and people I know.

When I saw that mentioned - "video rendering" - my immediate thought was "Who's using a smartphone to output rendered video like they filmed some 4K footage and now they're trying to do actually useful editing and rendering of footage on their handheld device?" but now when I look back at the post I'm pretty sure that poster meant how the iPhone X renders the UI itself aka their interpretation and way of referring to how the UI is being drawn on the display and not something related to processing recorded video footage. :D

Just a semantic thing but I think I get it now.

Speed tests are incredibly stupid since animations and their speeds pretty much make the entire test moot. Other than that you shave a second or two off bigger apps. Or...oh man, you have to reload an app that takes anywhere from half a second to a few seconds to load! I don't see why this matters to people.

No one renders videos on their phones. They just added that test so that iPhones can take a hefty lead and have a winner. Otherwise these speed test videos would all essentially be the same as all the phones would perform about the same. No one would watch them.

And I believe the iPhone A11 GeekBench scores. But guess what - you don't need all that power to browse the internet, post pictures to Instagram or play the vast majority of mobile games. Or basically anything else you do on your phone. It's just like you won't see a difference between a 2600K and an 7700K doing the same thing.

I provide a video link that purportedly shows the iPhone X being trounced, you provide a video link that purportedly shows the Note8 getting trounced, it's a draw.

But I'll say this: if the Note8 was using a display panel with the same resolution, well, it would run circles around the iPhone X. :D

Opening apps does not show true performance. Benchmark tests do and something that hammers the cpu and storage like video rendering which was in my test. Note 8 will never run circles around it. You can lower the resolution on the note 8 and try.

And that YouTube channel is just so pro Apple is sickening, that guy is Mr. iSheep, obviously the name of the channel speaks for itself, but come on dude, do you need to be whacking off Mr. Cook on every video.

Cry much? Because you don’t agree with the guy that proves it in the video you whine. Phonebuff has one too and he is highly legit with the iPhone 8. Everyone renders a video when you upload something to YouTube or Facebook.

Why do people build high end gaming systems for video editing? Because they perform well doing it. And it is a good benchmark. Same goes for phones even if you don’t render on them. It’s a good way to show how well the performance is on them. If you can’t see that then god help you.

Why do people build high end gaming systems for video editing? Because they perform well doing it. And it is a good benchmark. Same goes for phones even if you don’t render on them. It’s a good way to show how well the performance is on them. If you can’t see that then god help you.
Okay it's a good way to show performance that you'll likely never need because this is a smartphone and not a high end gaming system. And the videos you upload to Facebook and YouTube are no where near the quality that they run these tests at.

Okay it's a good way to show performance that you'll likely never need because this is a smartphone and not a high end gaming system. And the videos you upload to Facebook and YouTube are no where near the quality that they run these tests at.
Haha more quality than just opening apps and saying it’s faster.

Benchmark tests do and something that hammers the cpu and storage like video rendering which was in my test.

The guy ended up fast forwarding through the video rendering aka compiling test and so none of us, not me, not you either, can truly say what the performance was since he didn't just start the two devices doing that operation at the same exact time - THAT would be a true test of performance from my perspective but we didn't see that in the video you shared.

So as I said before, I showed a video where the Note8 performed better, you showed a video where the iPhone X performed better, it's a draw to me.

Cry much? Because you don’t agree with the guy that proves it in the video you whine. Phonebuff has one too and he is highly legit with the iPhone 8. Everyone renders a video when you upload something to YouTube or Facebook.

I don't care if the iPhone is faster or better than a Android phone. Whatever. I'm not a brand guy. When it's time for me to purchase a new smartphone, I'll get either the iPhone 8 Plus or OnePlus 5T, whichever has the best battery life overall.

The guy ended up fast forwarding through the video rendering aka compiling test and so none of us, not me, not you either, can truly say what the performance was since he didn't just start the two devices doing that operation at the same exact time - THAT would be a true test of performance from my perspective but we didn't see that in the video you shared.

So as I said before, I showed a video where the Note8 performed better, you showed a video where the iPhone X performed better, it's a draw to me.

Oh wow. You ignored the fact that it was still running and round two was going on the iPhone. And the time says it all. Wow the denial in android fans in unreal here.

If you base your purchasing decision on GeekBench scores and video rendering speeds then enjoy. I'll base it on important factors that will actually impact my day to day use. The only thing these speed test videos are good for are to generate revenue for the uploader.

If you base your purchasing decision based on GeekBench scores and video rendering speeds then enjoy. I'll base it on important factors that will actually impact my day to day use. The only thing these speed test videos are good for are to generate revenue for the uploader.
Umm it results in better day to day performance. You are on a tech site and don’t understand that????

Umm it results in better day to day performance. You are on a tech site and don’t understand that????
Sorry I just can't continue this conversation with you. Enjoy your phone with big numbers that has absolutely no impact on day to day usage.

Wow. People these days have no clue.
Yes I have no clue. It's not like I just went from a Pixel 2 XL to an iPhone X and noticed absolute no difference with speed in day to day use despite one scoring much higher in benchmarks. Clearly no clue.

Yes I have no clue. It's not like I just went from a Pixel 2 XL to an iPhone X and noticed absolute no difference with speed in day to day use despite one scoring much higher in benchmarks. Clearly no clue.

Thought you were done?

Kinda like how the pixel xl 2 got killed by the iPhone 8 Plus too

Videos don’t lie.

Good rebuttal. Guess its hard to refute someone's argument who has personal experience with the subject at hand.

Now I'm done. :)

All good exlink, this is the same guy who argued with me when I said I was returning my Note 8 because of Samsung lag. The same person who defended Samsung to the bitter end and tried to flame me unsuccessfully, and claiming no lag, just to say that the note 8 isn't as smooth as the iPhone once he/she moved back to Apple.

Basically their opinion changes based on what they switch to and use as a daily driver, just disregard because they are trying to justify their purchase.

I have no allegiance to which brand of phone I want to get and I speak from personal experiences, always.

All good exlink, this is the same guy who argued with me when I said I was returning my Note 8 because of Samsung lag. The same person who defended Samsung to the bitter end and tried to flame me unsuccessfully, and claiming no lag, just to say that the note 8 isn't as smooth as the iPhone once he/she moved back to Apple.

Basically their opinion changes based on what they switch to and use as a daily driver, just disregard because they are trying to justify their purchase.

I have no allegiance to which brand of phone I want to get and I speak from personal experiences, always.
And I have yet to change anything I said about the note 8. It doesn’t lag. At least not in my ownership. You were also corrected by many and not just me.

Till you prove me wrong I will continue with the facts. And you did lose that battle.

Videos don’t lie.

So, the one I posted, showing the iPhone X getting blasted by the Note8, was that just a lie? 21 instances out of 30 where the Note8 visibly showed better real-world usage performance, right there in the video?

Seriously?

So, the one I posted, showing the iPhone X getting blasted by the Note8, was that just a lie? 21 instances out of 30 where the Note8 visibly showed better performance, right there in the video?

Seriously?
Like other have said opening apps doesn’t test real world usage. Lol

Oh wow opening apps .0001 of a second faster makes it fastest phone. Lol.

If you asked 1,000 smartphone owners at random (meaning a mixture of device owners of all makes and types and not one specific brand or even two brands primarily) what they considered to be a good indicator of performance on a smartphone I can guarantee you without hesitation (not that you'll give a damn) that probably 950+ of those people will say they really want their apps to open fast when they want them opened (the primary aspect) and then smooth visual performance/scrolling in said apps when required (the secondary aspect).

So yeah, it absolutely matters to the majority.

Kinda stuck on that, ain't ya? Is there some keyboard macro at work? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back