Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Haven't bought one yet.

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Not buying one.

Votes: 28 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it was Riccios idea to move the X’s release date up. Pretty sure Timmy Tim Cook had thought it would be awesome to utilize the “anniversary theme” as a test bed Incase FaceID fails, then they don’t have to plan an entire release around it.

A lot of what he told the reported sounds like spin. I’m sure they had planned a redesign, been working on it and knew from management that it would be moved up well in advance. Apple plays these games a lot, they are very good at keeping stuff secret and letting others come up with conspiracy ideas.

Still waiting on my notice. Order status still showing as 11/3 per AT&T
Got my shipping notice. FedEx delivery 11/3 by 8:00 PM.

When did you guys order? During the pre-order time-frame? I just placed my order last night and AT&T's website showed that I won't get it until the end of the month or early December. It sucks having to potentially wait that long, but perhaps it's just a "worst case" estimate, or perhaps they really are backed up that much on orders?

I went with the 256Gb version in Space Gray. I got my pre-order in through Sprint at a later time so mine isn't shipping until 11/14. Not bad if the date is accurate but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up shipping at a later date.

I just got notification that I will be getting mine tomorrow. This was after Verizon business gave me an estimated ship date of like the 15th.

Getting mine tomorrow too! Just got UPS tracking confirmation of delivery tomorrow! Can’t wait to get rid of this backup iPhone 5S I’ve been using on iOS 11.1 :p

I just got notification that I will be getting mine tomorrow. This was after Verizon business gave me an estimated ship date of like the 15th.

Getting mine tomorrow too! Just got UPS tracking confirmation of delivery tomorrow! Can’t wait to get rid of this backup iPhone 5S I’ve been using on iOS 11.1 :p

When you guys/girls get your shipping notices can you also please post when you put your orders in? It would be nice to just see when the phones past the pre-order dates start to ship. I ordered the 256GB Space Grey X from AT&T and it estimated early to mid December. :-(

When you guys/girls get your shipping notices can you also please post when you put your orders in? It would be nice to just see when the phones past the pre-order dates start to ship. I ordered the 256GB Space Grey X from AT&T and it estimated early to mid December. :-(

That sucks :(

I placed my order the night of around 1:30am after hundreds of refreshes and one final try that went through. I was certain because I was a hour late, for sure I would not get it for 4-5 weeks but NOPE! Tomorrow :)

Order placed on Friday 10/27 at 2:52pm

UPS Next Day Air will deliver on Friday 11/3 by 6pm :smuggrin:

I put in my order for various models, 17 phones total with all kinds of color and capacity variations. I used our Verizon Business website and made tried to place the order starting at 12 right when pre-orders were available, but couldn't actually get the order to go all the way through until about 12:30am because of time outs and a complete basket dump on the last step before payment. Original estimate was shipping on the 15th and arriving on the 16th. I got all of the Fedex shipment notifications this morning and all 17 should arrive on Friday the 3rd.

That sucks :(

I placed my order the night of around 1:30am after hundreds of refreshes and one final try that went through. I was certain because I was a hour late, for sure I would not get it for 4-5 weeks but NOPE! Tomorrow :)

I can always hope that supply will catch-up over the weeks, but in any case it'll be a nice Xmas gift for myself. :)

256 GB Space Gray seems like it was the most popular option and the one most people seem to have delays on if you browse other forums that have threads running on pre-orders/shipping.

I ordered my 64gb Silver at 7:59 AM EST so well after pre-order time started but I ordered direct through AT&T as that specific model was still showing an 11/3 delivery date while all of the others were showing 5-6 week delays.

Didn't really care about the back color as both versions have a black front and that is what I wanted.

256 GB Space Gray seems like it was the most popular option and the one most people seem to have delays on if you browse other forums that have threads running on pre-orders/shipping.

I ordered my 64gb Silver at 7:59 AM EST so well after pre-order time started but I ordered direct through AT&T as that specific model was still showing an 11/3 delivery date while all of the others were showing 5-6 week delays.

Didn't really care about the back color as both versions have a black front and that is what I wanted.

You know what's funny? I ordered the 64GB last night and the shipping estimate was something like end of November to December 1st. I changed my mind today to get the 256GB version (128GB would have been enough) and that's when I noticed the shipping estimate for the 256GB version. Was kind of disheartening, but it's okay. Just hard to wait for my new TECH!

My experience is very similar to AltTabbins, though I've only got eight on the way today. I will be meeting to the delivery driver in a few hours...and they will all be flipped within 90 minutes or however long it takes me to meet the recipients. I'm retired, just sold the last batch of SNES Classics I had and these will be gone today...I think I'm done for the year.

Just picked up both my Space Gray and Silver variants. These things really are a lot heftier than they look or I thought; feel very high quality. I still can't decide what color I want to stick with though for now - Apple did a really bang up job with these two this year.

My experience is very similar to AltTabbins, though I've only got eight on the way today. I will be meeting to the delivery driver in a few hours...and they will all be flipped within 90 minutes or however long it takes me to meet the recipients. I'm retired, just sold the last batch of SNES Classics I had and these will be gone today...I think I'm done for the year.

Not sure how this is similar to AltTabbins? Or is he flipping it as well?

My iPhoneX arrived today! The Sprint website said it was shipping 11/14 but they were wrong in a good way. I can't wait to set it up after work!

Oh noes, Apple is doing a reverse constrained supply, saying it’s low stock then turning around and increasing supply then they drive up demand through unicorn dust and rake in massive Nintendo dollar!

Courage

What cases are you all using? Just placed an order for Anker Karapax and a Spigen Liquid Air case.

Quick crappy pic comparing OnePlus 5, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone X and OnePlus One.

Old school vs. new school

DD1FAAA1-23CC-438A-AC51-4D5ACD24648C.jpeg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What cases are you all using? Just placed an order for Anker Karapax and a Spigen Liquid Air case.

Going to be using this one once I get the phone. Used the same SUPCASE for my iPhone 7 Plus and am really happy with it.

TPiryvf.jpg

TPiryvf

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Totallee Thin Leather. Almost like a skin but with more grip due to the leather back.

May pick up a clear case but looking for a thinner one like the Ringke Air, Spigen Ultra Hybrid or Eingke Fusion.

Apple really did a fantastic job on this phone.

This phone is basically exactly what I was looking for in terms of screen to body ratio. I'd been using a Mate 9, and it was the smoothest Android phone I've ever owned. It still doesn't come close to how this X feels to use. I'm currently using a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case, but I have a carbon fiber Mous case preordered. https://www.mous.co/ If anyone is interested.

Holy shit.....

Just got it in my hands at home....easily the best feeling phone ive held. Top level build quality, feels like a million bucks. Don't know how to explain it, it is beautiful. A shame im gonna put a case on it.

A shame im gonna put a case on it.

No, that's not a shame, what's a shame is if you drop it before you put a case on it and I assure you there's a few hundred thousand people that just got their devices today and have already done that very thing. :)

No, that's not a shame, what's a shame is if you drop it before you put a case on it and I assure you there's a few hundred thousand people that just got their devices today and have already done that very thing. :)
Mine went straight from its box into a case, but I'm still not using it until I have the screen shield installed.

Mine went straight from its box into a case, but I'm still not using it until I have the screen shield installed.
I live life dangerously, no cases for me!

My wife on the other hand... she throws her phones at bugs.

But....its so god damn nice though. Honestly, the best looking and feeling phone on the market by far. Nothing comes close.

Literally everything feels cheap and flimsy compared to this.

Honestly, the best looking and feeling phone on the market by far in my opinion. Nothing comes close in my opinion.

FTFY :D

As for the people dropping them on the day of purchase, I just mentioned that in a post above, I knew we'd see stories of it but didn't expect them to start spreading that fast, damn. :p

I'm shocked at how expensive back panel replacement us on this phone... $550 I thought I saw... That basically guarantees no one is going to bother fixing these phones...

It is amazing to see some of the creative engineering to squeeze everything into this phone with the double stacked main boards and dual cell L shaped battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back