Aorus FI32U - @ $950(USD} -- For Sale Now

Armenius

Fully [H]
I forgot about that. Is it worth the drive space?
After the last update people seem to be happy with it. I enjoyed the campaign a lot, but haven't stepped into any post game content yet since I was waiting for damage mitigation and loot issues to be addressed. I've frankly moved on to other games at this point, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

DarkSideA8

Gawd
I'll ask this again (b/c I don't mind exposing ignorance if I learn something) but:

Can someone explain why sRGB mode does not allow some of the other features to be used?

This is the first monitor I've bought in over a decade and I literally have no idea what the modes mean or how to turn on BFI etc.

Appreciate any help

Burke888

Gawd

I went ahead and bought the 32". Here they are side by side in my Mom's basement :D .

The FI32U compared to the FV43U gives a much more traditional PC desktop experience. When I first used the FV43U, it actually felt very large on the desk. The colors and HDR seem better on the FV43U, but I like the traditional size of the FI32U much more. One area where I think the FV43U excels is in realistic tactical shooters such as Squad and Hell Let Loose. Those games often have large maps with very long line of sight. I noticed that the FV43U made it much easier to pick out far away enemies even with iron sights. I find web browsing much easier on the FI32U as it's easier to use the web browser without having to move your eyes upwards. The FV43U felt very much like a large television in that regard, you could move your eyes to other areas of the screen. Whereas with the FI32U it's a much more condensed view that allows you to more easily take in everything at once.

In a perfect world I'd like to have the FV43U for my tactical .mil sim games and then instantly switch to the FI32U for web browsing. I think for my main rig I'll stick with the FI32U as I do a mixture of gaming and web browsing.
Monitor.jpg

kasakka

2[H]4U
I went ahead and bought the 32". Here they are side by side in my Mom's basement :D .

The FI32U compared to the FV43U gives a much more traditional PC desktop experience. When I first used the FV43U, it actually felt very large on the desk. The colors and HDR seem better on the FV43U, but I like the traditional size of the FI32U much more. One area where I think the FV43U excels is in realistic tactical shooters such as Squad and Hell Let Loose. Those games often have large maps with very long line of sight. I noticed that the FV43U made it much easier to pick out far away enemies even with iron sights. I find web browsing much easier on the FI32U as it's easier to use the web browser without having to move your eyes upwards. The FV43U felt very much like a large television in that regard, you could move your eyes to other areas of the screen. Whereas with the FI32U it's a much more condensed view that allows you to more easily take in everything at once.

In a perfect world I'd like to have the FV43U for my tactical .mil sim games and then instantly switch to the FI32U for web browsing. I think for my main rig I'll stick with the FI32U as I do a mixture of gaming and web browsing. View attachment 375713
Sounds like on the FV43U you should be using more windows on screen rather than putting browsers in fullscreen.

I use relatively small browser windows on my LG CX 48" and that works a lot better than blowing them up on fullscreen on such a large display. Multitasking with more windows on screen is the way to go.

It's a shame we don't have 43" 8K displays yet as that would have the benefits of sharper text handled while still having a lot of screen real estate.

DarkSideA8

Gawd
Something weird just happened in-game (Tarkov) which I cannot tell is monitor related or game related... but depending upon the changing of the lighting, the entire right side of the screen would go 'bluish'. It was quite scene-dependent, as if under certain in-game lighting features... from the center line of the screen off to the right, as if it had an independent lighting zone would change, distinctly, from what was shown on the left.

Anyone else seen something weird like this?

Move the mouse / scene a bit... everything looks normal... move it again and the right side of the screen would get this blue haze over everything. Tried disabling Adaptive Sync and Aim Assist - but no effect. Using the "FPS" preset

Last edited:

DanNeely

2[H]4U
Something weird just happened in-game (Tarkov) which I cannot tell is monitor related or game related... but depending upon the changing of the lighting, the entire right side of the screen would go 'bluish'. It was quite scene-dependent, as if under certain in-game lighting features... from the center line of the screen off to the right, as if it had an independent lighting zone would change, distinctly, from what was shown on the left.

Anyone else seen something weird like this?

Move the mouse / scene a bit... everything looks normal... move it again and the right side of the screen would get this blue haze over everything. Tried disabling Adaptive Sync and Aim Assist - but no effect. Using the "FPS" preset
If you have the space to do so setting up a second screen and switching between them would be a simple way to check if it's game or screen related.

Ulrick32

n00b
Hi! Earlier I posted a concern that the FI32U was causing my threadripper machine to blue screen. So far I am convinced it's some bad interaction between the monitor and video card. I can use my LG 38" widescreen without issue, waking from sleep works fine, no random locks or blue screens, even at 144hz. If I hook up the FI32U (with machine off), within minutes of reboot I start getting random behavior (ie, can't bring up task manager), eventually I get a BSOD with bug check code of 0x00000133. I have reinstalled windows and even switched to a new .m2 drive. This is the oddest hardware issue I have encountered in 30+ years. I love the monitor, makes my 38" look pixelated. At this point I am torn as to if I should switch out the video card (3090, which is spendy, hard to find, and good chance it won't fix the issue), or just return the monitor. Sad face all around as this is truly an amazing monitor.

LurkerLito

2[H]4U
Hi! Earlier I posted a concern that the FI32U was causing my threadripper machine to blue screen. So far I am convinced it's some bad interaction between the monitor and video card. I can use my LG 38" widescreen without issue, waking from sleep works fine, no random locks or blue screens, even at 144hz. If I hook up the FI32U (with machine off), within minutes of reboot I start getting random behavior (ie, can't bring up task manager), eventually I get a BSOD with bug check code of 0x00000133. I have reinstalled windows and even switched to a new .m2 drive. This is the oddest hardware issue I have encountered in 30+ years. I love the monitor, makes my 38" look pixelated. At this point I am torn as to if I should switch out the video card (3090, which is spendy, hard to find, and good chance it won't fix the issue), or just return the monitor. Sad face all around as this is truly an amazing monitor.
I had a similar issue to this. In my case after running a game or two then when trying the next one, my machine would BSOD with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It was very weird, my PC would not completely hang immediately, but my network connection would drop, and everything would kind of hang till the BSOD came up. A real pain in the ass when after a BSOD my 3.2TB SSD PCIE card would have to run a check on reboot that took 20min. At first I thought it was the nvidia drivers, as from google searches that seems to be the most common cause. So I booted to safe mode and used DDU to remove then install the latest at the time 471.11 but I still had issues, but there was a hotfix 471.22 and that I thought helped a little but I didn't stay on those drivers long. I then thought it had to be something new with the monitor so I uninstalled the monitor utilities (RGB and OSD sidekick). I think that was the cause for me, but I can't be 100% sure. After I uninstalled those, I upgraded to 471.41 nvidia drivers and also stopped constantly loading my old installed games one after another to check how they looked in 4k. So far I haven't had a BSOD in almost a week.

UPDATE: Gave it a try again today, loaded up Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it played fine, ran the benchmark a couple of times, then quit out. When I reloaded, network failed and I knew it would BSOD soon, tried to reboot, and BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Definitely something weird going on. It definitely started around when I got this monitor.

Last edited:

DarkSideA8

Gawd
Or he can just take a screenshot. If it appears in the screenshot then it's the game. If it doesn't, then it's the display.
I wasn't aware of this. Good info.

I have not yet been able to recreate the problem - but if I understand you correctly, a screen grab that shows the problem is ostensibly a software issue, but if I can see it and the screen shot does not show it... It's the hardware?

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
I wasn't aware of this. Good info.

I have not yet been able to recreate the problem - but if I understand you correctly, a screen grab that shows the problem is ostensibly a software issue, but if I can see it and the screen shot does not show it... It's the hardware?
Yep. :)

DarkSideA8

Gawd
Well... This is NOT cool. Following GoldenTiger 's suggestion, I took screens in a subsequent match when the 'blue shading on the right' happened again. Aaaaannnd... it does not show up in the screen shots. When I was looking at this image in-game, the entire right side of the screen had a hazy blue tint.

So - what could be causing this on the monitor?
2021-07-22[23-53]_388.5, -52.3, -45.2_0.0, 0.9, -0.1, 0.5_18.18 (0).png

LurkerLito

2[H]4U
Update on the BSOD issue I was having. It seems to be gone now. I tried doing the exact same steps as the last BSOD and then some more mixing between games with and without HDR at 4k and so far no BSODs. The only change I did was set the nvidia control panel screen refresh rate to 120hz. I will try later again at 144hz to see if I get a crash again to confirm if that is what is causing the issue for me.

EDIT: Seems for me it has something to do with being at 144hz and HDR. I set my refresh to 144 and did a couple of benchmark runs in AC Odyssey (144hz + HDR), quit to desktop and reloaded, ran a benchmark, and all was fine. I quit out of AC Odyssey, ran the non HDR sleeping dogs benchmark and still all was good, then I quit Sleeping dogs, loaded up AC Odyssey (144hz + HDR) to run the benchmark again and it hung on loading AC Odyssey then BSODed with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I did this procedure earlier today at 120hz and windows didn't BSOD.

Ulrick32 I suggest trying to set your refresh rate in Nvidia control panel to 120hz reboot and see if it helps.

Last edited:

DarkSideA8

Gawd
Anyone know how to diagnose whether lighting zones intended for HDR are becoming active in SDR mode? I'm thinking my problem is somehow related to the local dimming zone feature. While the above screenshots don't show what I'm seeing, this photo (taken from my phone) shows the problem. That bluish rainbow mess right center of the screen
It flickers on and off, depending upon the lighting in-game.
Lighting_Zone_SDRMode.jpg

Last edited:
On the screen 1/2 blue, it could be a cable issue. Make sure you are using a quality DP 1.4 cable that is rated for the highest signaling rate.
Not saying it is, but I have seen funky things with cables.