• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AOC Q2770PQU

NCX where did yuo buy your AOC?

Amazon Canada

-------------

The AOC uses the same semi-glossy coating as the other 1440p PLS panels. Grain/haze/sparkle can only be seen when sitting very closely (30cm) while it can be seen from normal viewing distances on regular matte monitors.
 
Ok I have used this monitor for a few hours now, I cant see any AG , this monitor makes my laptop screen look dirty. I could see from the start when comparing it to my pioneer kuro plasma, that the screen is a bit to warm, I need to calibrate it.

It is not as glossy as my macbook pro, but I must say I already love this monitor, and would recommend it to others.

Thanks, I have one showing up tomorrow!
 
Thanks you. While I have pictures (no place to host them); I think they are quite similar to the ones already posted in this thread. Maybe if i take a trip up to NY and can find a demo of the Eizo I'll see the difference.
-
When you check glow do you set the brightness down to 0 (these things are really bright).

Amazon Canada

-------------

The AOC uses the same semi-glossy coating as the other 1440p PLS panels. Grain/haze/sparkle can only be seen when sitting very closely (30cm) while it can be seen from normal viewing distances on regular matte monitors.
 
Got the display hooked up. It looks nice. I see the AG in my movies but it isn't horrible.

However I have a dead pixel which is pretty annoying. Does anybody else have one? I'm thinking of asking for an exchange.
 
That sucks, have you tried running a pixel fixer ?

No, I didn't think that worked for pixels that wouldn't turn on? This is a green pixel that won't come on, which makes it really obvious with white backgrounds and such.

I can give a pixel fixer a try...
 
Newegg has a sale on there for $499, I'm about to pull the trigger as long as a battery for my car isn't more than $150.

I do have questions, i never bought a tv or monitor online before i always go to a brick and mortar and look at it first. Should I have any worries Buying online or form new egg. (I know new egg is reputable just never bought a monitor from them)

And right now Im still on my old pc, it has a r9 280 gnu in it right now (planning to do a massive new build in the fall, but thats still some months away) it can push what I'm playing (Tomb Raider, Dirty Bomb, Wolfenstein) with pretty much everything topped off at 1600x1200 with all or almost all eye candy on. Will the hop to 1440p kill everything? If I decide to only run it at 1080p to free up some power for fun effects will it look horrible? I think I rather play at a lower res or with the older monitor over having to turn off the eye candy.

Thanks again and sorry for the Qs, haven't upgraded my monitor in 13 years.
 
Simon put my review online last night: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/aoc_q2770pqu.htm

If you have any questions about the review or the display itself just let me know.

By the way, please note that there are at least two versions of the q2770Pqu, one for the EMEA region and one for the Americas. The Asia-Pacific region might use the same version as the Americas, but there could also be a third version. The version I tested for this review is the EMEA version.
 
Last edited:
Hello!
I've the AOC Q2770PQU and I would like to enter the "service menu" to display the name of the panel mounted in my monitor.and other info (like this)

Please, someone knows the procedure to show this "factory OSD"?
Thank you in advance!
 
I bought a second one of these, considering a 3th, so I can run tripple.
Tho I need a new rig first, my laptop does not have anymore monitor outputs :(
 
Hello, I have been researching a new screen, I originally wanted a VA screen due to the white glow on IPS and lower contrast, but none really exist other than 1080p which is not good for 27", the newer IPS / PLS look pretty good EXCEPT for the white glow, I have seen a few reviews of the AOC, some say it has the glow free / low glow LTM270DL06 panel, some say it has the LTM270DL02 panel (which glows the same as most IPS/PLS/AHVA), if I bought a new one do you have any idea how I could guarantee getting a low glow one? Also do you know which is more likely to be used if I purchased one in the next couple of weeks? It says on the panel database both panels are still in production so I do not know which I am more likely to get, WHY can't manufacturers just use ONE panel for each model, I have had this sort of panel lottery problem every time I buy a new screen / TV its really annoying! If I got a low glow panel I would be 100% happy with it but if I get one with a lot of white glow I probably wouldn't.

Or maybe people in the UK could say where they bought their screens from and what panel they received, the low glow panel ( Samsung LTM270DL06) would be perfect whereas a panel with glow ( Samsung LTM270DL02) would just be similar to the other PLS/IPS/AHVA panels available.
 
Last edited:
Hello, I have been researching a new screen, I originally wanted a VA screen due to the white glow on IPS and lower contrast, but none really exist other than 1080p which is not good for 27", the newer IPS / PLS look pretty good EXCEPT for the white glow, I have seen a few reviews of the AOC, some say it has the glow free / low glow LTM270DL06 panel, some say it has the LTM270DL02 panel (which glows the same as most IPS/PLS/AHVA), if I bought a new one do you have any idea how I could guarantee getting a low glow one? Also do you know which is more likely to be used if I purchased one in the next couple of weeks? It says on the panel database both panels are still in production so I do not know which I am more likely to get, WHY can't manufacturers just use ONE panel for each model, I have had this sort of panel lottery problem every time I buy a new screen / TV its really annoying! If I got a low glow panel I would be 100% happy with it but if I get one with white glow I probably wouldn't.

It's impossible to tell what you're going to get until you open the box; quite literally Schrödinger's monitor.

Regardless, chances are you're not going to get a glow-free panel, especially if you live in North America. I recommend checking out the LG 27MB85R-B over the the AOC Q2770PQU, as most of the newer manufactured AOC models appear to come with a PLS panel that glows strongly in the left bottom corner. Not to mention, that the LG 27MB85R-B has only 6.8 ms of input lag vs the AOC's 20 ms, is free of the yellow tint that plagues the AOC before calibration, and has significantly higher calibrated contrast in most cases. You can find links to the Playware's review as well as my personal thoughts on the LG vs other 1440p monitors in this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1811482

Another option would be one of the 32" A-MVA panels which you can find review links to here: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040571117&postcount=1

Personally, I own a BL3200PT and dislike it as VA panels suffer from head-on gamma shift, which causes black crush, and colors become largely undersaturated near the edges of the screen. VA panels also have incredibly poor pixel response times vs competing 27" 1440" IPS monitors.

For any other information, check out NCX's Best 27" 1440p monitor list
 
Thanks for the reply, but I live in UK so unfortunately that LG is not available, the other screen I am looking at is the new Asus PB278QR which has no lag, better response times, but is also an AHVA panel with lower contrast and probably white glow, there is only one review of it online and not much other information about it.

What I want is a 1440p 27" high (for ips) contrast, low glow, semi glossy, low input lag, fast response times, decent out of box colour (although I can calibrate it) and under £450 max. The Eizo looks good as it has the glow free panel but it still has average input lag / response times and costs too much. I do not like IPS glow at all especially with the already limited contrast ratios on IPS type screens, my current monitor is a NEC 20WGX2 which is far to small but has zero back light bleed, almost no glow and a nice coating on it, so I don't really want to downgrade to a panel with a lot of glow even if it would be bigger etc.
 
Personally, I own a BL3200PT and dislike it as VA panels suffer from head-on gamma shift, which causes black crush, and colors become largely undersaturated near the edges of the screen. VA panels also have incredibly poor pixel response times vs competing 27" 1440" IPS monitors.

For any other information, check out NCX's Best 27" 1440p monitor list

What is the color like on the BL3200PT (other than the gamma shift), is it as vibrant as the color on IPS? I have a Sony VA TV and the colors on it are really nice but any VA PC screens I have seen the colors are a bit washed out compared to IPS, even though the black levels are better.

Also how is the input lag on the screen compared to the AOC? Its listed as a bit higher (18ms vs 24ms) but it might feel the same as its still 1-2 frames I don't know if there would be any difference as they are both between 16-32ms?
 
Thanks for the reply, but I live in UK so unfortunately that LG is not available, the other screen I am looking at is the new Asus PB278QR which has no lag, better response times, but is also an AHVA panel with lower contrast and probably white glow, there is only one review of it online and not much other information about it.

What I want is a 1440p 27" high (for ips) contrast, low glow, semi glossy, low input lag, fast response times, decent out of box colour (although I can calibrate it) and under £450 max. The Eizo looks good as it has the glow free panel but it still has average input lag / response times and costs too much. I do not like IPS glow at all especially with the already limited contrast ratios on IPS type screens, my current monitor is a NEC 20WGX2 which is far to small but has zero back light bleed, almost no glow and a nice coating on it, so I don't really want to downgrade to a panel with a lot of glow even if it would be bigger etc.

I see, that's a bit of a tough predicament.

The Eizo is actually no longer made with a glow-free panel, which I can confirm as I owned one. NCX also talked to Simon from tftcentral who also confirmed that the glow-free model is no longer in production.

You might have to bank on the AOC. Buying monitors is such a nightmare. :(
 
What is the color like on the BL3200PT (other than the gamma shift), is it as vibrant as the color on IPS? I have a Sony VA TV and the colors on it are really nice but any VA PC screens I have seen the colors are a bit washed out compared to IPS, even though the black levels are better.

Also how is the input lag on the screen compared to the AOC? Its listed as a bit higher (18ms vs 24ms) but it might feel the same as its still 1-2 frames I don't know if there would be any difference as they are both between 16-32ms?

The BL3200PT color is = to any competing 27" 1440p IPS as it covers 100% of the sRGB gamut. It's likely the most enjoyable VA experience I had ever had, and I enjoyed it over my AOC Q2770PQU at the time (until I bought the LG).

Indeed, it'll feel the same in that regard as it's within 1-2 frames, but the pixel response is very poor in comparison. If you're not bothered by ghosting as much, then you'll be alright in this regard.
 
Hmm so the chances are I would not get a glow free PLS from any brand then, as that is a big problem with IPS I have no idea why manufacturers don't use the low glow screens or those TW polarizers anymore, probably due to cost... the BenQ 3200 looks interesting although a bit too big and also not sure if the input lag and color would be good compared to IPS, I might get the BenQ just to avoid the IPS glow and also the extra contrast ratio would be nice, have you compared the input lag on the BenQ to something like the AOC? Is there much of a difference? My TV which I play games on sometimes is listed as 31ms which is not terrible but also not good enough for playing FPS games.
 
Hmm so the chances are I would not get a glow free PLS from any brand then, as that is a big problem with IPS I have no idea why manufacturers don't use the low glow screens or those TW polarizers anymore, probably due to cost... the BenQ 3200 looks interesting although a bit too big and also not sure if the input lag and color would be good compared to IPS, I might get the BenQ just to avoid the IPS glow and also the extra contrast ratio would be nice, have you compared the input lag on the BenQ to something like the AOC? Is there much of a difference? My TV which I play games on sometimes is listed as 31ms which is not terrible but also not good enough for playing FPS games.

Like I said, you'll be pretty happy with it vs competing 27" 1440p panels, I'm sure.

The BL3200PT color is = to any competing 27" 1440p IPS as it covers 100% of the sRGB gamut. It's likely the most enjoyable VA experience I had ever had, and I enjoyed it over my AOC Q2770PQU at the time (until I bought the LG).

Indeed, it'll feel the same in that regard as it's within 1-2 frames, but the pixel response is very poor in comparison. If you're not bothered by ghosting as much, then you'll be alright in this regard.
 
What about the Asus PB278QR? Not a lot of info on that except it uses AHVA and has no input lag and faster response times. I was going to get the AOC because was hoping for a glow free PLS but if that is not likely and this problem with bad uniformity, maybe I would be better off with the Asus PB278QR as it would probably have similar glow (unless glow free AOC which is not likely then) and also would have no input lag. Or I could just get one of the 32" 1440 VA screens... Which would not have any problems with white glow etc. but they both look like they have a lot of input lag (similar to my TV which is 31ms and too high for FPS games)... Argh is it really that difficult to just make a monitor which does not have any of these problems?!?!?
 
What about the Asus PB278QR? Not a lot of info on that except it uses AHVA and has no input lag and faster response times. I was going to get the AOC because was hoping for a glow free PLS but if that is not likely and this problem with bad uniformity, maybe I would be better off with the Asus PB278QR as it would probably have similar glow (unless glow free AOC which is not likely then) and also would have no input lag. Or I could just get one of the 32" 1440 VA screens... Which would not have any problems with white glow etc. but they both look like they have a lot of input lag (similar to my TV which is 31ms and too high for FPS games)... Argh is it really that difficult to just make a monitor which does not have any of these problems?!?!?

The Asus is the best choice if one wants a delay-free 1440p monitor and the LG is unavailable.

But, as NCX says:

"...it has slightly worse colour presets than the AOC Q2770PQU, BenQ BL2710PT and LG 27MB85R. When the colour controls are unlocked (switch the Colour Temperature setting from Warm to User), the colour accuracy and contrast are reduced to the point of ruining the image quality."
 
Hello!
I've the AOC Q2770PQU and I would like to enter the "service menu" to display the name of the panel mounted in my monitor.

Please, someone knows the procedure to show this "factory OSD"?
Be careful not to change any settings in de Service Menu, because it can seriously mess up your display if you don't know what you're doing. The procedure is:

- Turn off the display with the hard power switch on the back next to the power cable
- While holding the MENU OSD button turn the display on again with the same switch
- Once you're getting an image, release the MENU button, then press it again
- Using the < OSD button go the F in the top left of the OSD that opens
- Press MENU button again to enter the service menu


Hello, I have been researching a new screen, I originally
Or maybe people in the UK could say where they bought their screens from and what panel they received, the low glow panel ( Samsung LTM270DL06) would be perfect whereas a panel with glow ( Samsung LTM270DL02) would just be similar to the other PLS/IPS/AHVA panels available.
All EMEA models of the q2770Pqu manufactured from June 2014 onward use the LTM270DL06 panel. I assume that by now all Americas and Asia-Pacific models have switched to DL06 as well, because the DL02 is no longer in production.
 
Back
Top