Anyone try to Flash a Fury X BIOS onto a Fury (Vanilla)?

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
I know that a ton of AMD card have been able to unlock shader cores via BIOS hacking. My old 6950 unlocked to 6970 performance 15 minutes after I installed it, and there have been confirmed unlockings of 290s to 290X shader counts. So the $100 question is: Can this be done with the Fury -> Fury X?

I don't own either, but I'm curious for the hell of it. After all, unlocking a ~$550 card to perform in the same league as a FuryX would definitely change the buying landscape...

I know that a ton of AMD card have been able to unlock shader cores via BIOS hacking. My old 6950 unlocked to 6970 performance 15 minutes after I installed it, and there have been confirmed unlockings of 290s to 290X shader counts. So the $100 question is: Can this be done with the Fury -> Fury X?

I don't own either, but I'm curious for the hell of it. After all, unlocking a ~$550 card to perform in the same league as a FuryX would definitely change the buying landscape...

I would count on this idea happening any time soon myself, not to mention it be like putting an air cooler on the fury x.....I think bad things would happen:eek:

I would count on this idea happening any time soon myself, not to mention it be like putting an air cooler on the fury x.....I think bad things would happen:eek:

The Fury doesn't seem to run that hot and is quiet. It seems there would be a lot of headroom with a custom fan profile.

Asus Strix model - 71 C and only 42% fan speed

1436520543zZMsl7GpwE_8_2.gif

It's not really that different from a TDP perspective... You'd have to dissipate 12% more heat. Seems like it'd be doable with a decent cooler. Considering there's no voltage control and frequency OC is piss poor, it'd be much less TDP % difference when compared to any other card. (Hawaii or Maxwell)

edit: x3sphere beat me to it, and with data!

Last edited:
I don't think anyone on this board has a Fury sample yet aside from the H. Has anyone seen them in stock anywhere?

I don't think anyone on this board has a Fury sample yet aside from the H. Has anyone seen them in stock anywhere?

I haven't seen any retailer listings pop up yet. Heard the 14th for availability though.

Back