Anyone know how to redeem XFX Radeon Rewards?

Foxhack

Limp Gawd
I purchased an XFX Radeon R9 270 (R9-270A-CNFC) card last weekend. According to XFX's product page, the card qualifies for Silver Radeon Rewards.

I didn't get a card with my purchase at TigerDirect. So I spoke with someone there through chat, and they told me I should contact XFX...

After a bit of digging (through sites for promotions at other retailers) I find out that I have to register the card to get the code (for Battlefield 4, I figure it's the same deal with other promotions.) I register the card, then I go to the "My products" section, click on the "Promotion" link, and see a box to enter my Personal Activation Code from the Warranty card. But I also see this message: "Sorry, your product is not subject to XFX game promotion."

So now I'm wondering what the hell is going on. I didn't get a scratch card with my purchase, but XFX says I qualify for the rewards, so what do I do? I already sent an email to XFX, and I tried opening a ticket there, but all the available options are for video card issues, not Radeon Rewards issues.

Can anyone help me out here?

Every XFX GPU I've bought comes with a unique Personal Activation Code on a sticker affixed to a business card or warranty booklet which you'll need to claim your reward. If you didn't then you might've gotten a return in which case you should return it.

Every XFX GPU I've bought comes with a unique Personal Activation Code on a sticker affixed to a business card or warranty booklet which you'll need to claim your reward. If you didn't then you might've gotten a return in which case you should return it.

No no, I got that card! I have it right here on my desk.

It's just that I read that I was supposed to use that code in my profile page, and there's a box to enter the code, but there's no submit button. There's that "Sorry, your product is not subject to XFX game promotion" line, but nothing else.

I bought the card thinking I'd get the rewards based on XFX's product page. So I'm not sure what's up.

No no, I got that card! I have it right here on my desk.

It's just that I read that I was supposed to use that code in my profile page, and there's a box to enter the code, but there's no submit button. There's that "Sorry, your product is not subject to XFX game promotion" line, but nothing else.

I bought the card thinking I'd get the rewards based on XFX's product page. So I'm not sure what's up.

In that case, I am guessing you were sent a returned card.

I am pretty sure when it says that on the page, it means that you are not the first person to register that specific card with them.

I would wait to hear back from XFX before sending the card back though. Maybe it is just a mess up on their end.

In that case, I am guessing you were sent a returned card.

I am pretty sure when it says that on the page, it means that you are not the first person to register that specific card with them.

I would wait to hear back from XFX before sending the card back though. Maybe it is just a mess up on their end.

That's weird. Why would TigerDirect send me a card that's been returned? I bought this -brand new- and it was brand new when I got it. I'll wait to see if someone from XFX replies.

kirbyrj: The code in my XFX card is only ten digits long, it's too short for the code redemption page.

Oh, there's a support rep here? Awesome, I'll send him a PM. Thank you.

I already spoke to TigerDirect customer support via chat yesterday, and they told me that I should contact XFX for the games. I'm pretty sure that they won't budge because of this:

This is the product page for the card I bought; This is the product page for a Double D R9 270.

Note how the first image for the Double D card has a big "RADEON REWARDS" logo, while the image for the card I bought does not have any logo, despite XFX's product page saying I qualified for the rewards.

Neither of the product pages mention free games being included -in text-. The only indication was that product image.

I already checked the retail box three times and I did not get any Radeon Rewards card. I didn't see any voucher packaged inside the box this was sent in either.

And they only have a chat, phone, or email-us-through-a-webpage contact option at their website; they never replied to my original question about the missing radeon rewards card via the email form. I did find an email address at their Facebook page, which I will write to in a few minutes. But I think they'll refuse to give me the voucher based on the images I mentioned above.

I had hoped the company had improved since my first run in with them over ten years ago... guess I was wrong. :|

Edit:
Okay, question - who decides what cards are in the promotion, the video card manufacturer or the retailer? I checked out TigerDirect's Radeon Rewards pages and the Silver Tier -does not include any XFX cards-, just Asus ones. The Gold and Bronze tiers do have XFX cards listed.

Gold, with XFX: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/campaigns/deals.asp?campaignid=2663
Silver, no XFX: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/campaigns/deals.asp?campaignid=2664
Bronze, with XFX: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/campaigns/deals.asp?campaignid=2665

Not even the Double D R9 270 card I linked to above is in that promo page. Something's fishy.

Last edited:
I already spoke to TigerDirect customer support via chat yesterday, and they told me that I should contact XFX for the games. I'm pretty sure that they won't budge because of this:

This is the product page for the card I bought; This is the product page for a Double D R9 270.

Note how the first image for the Double D card has a big "RADEON REWARDS" logo, while the image for the card I bought does not have any logo, despite XFX's product page saying I qualified for the rewards.

Neither of the product pages mention free games being included -in text-. The only indication was that product image.

I already checked the retail box three times and I did not get any Radeon Rewards card. I didn't see any voucher packaged inside the box this was sent in either.

And they only have a chat, phone, or email-us-through-a-webpage contact option at their website; they never replied to my original question about the missing radeon rewards card via the email form. I did find an email address at their Facebook page, which I will write to in a few minutes. But I think they'll refuse to give me the voucher based on the images I mentioned above.

I had hoped the company had improved since my first run in with them over ten years ago... guess I was wrong. :|

Edit:
Okay, question - who decides what cards are in the promotion, the video card manufacturer or the retailer? I checked out TigerDirect's Radeon Rewards pages and the Silver Tier -does not include any XFX cards-, just Asus ones. The Gold and Bronze tiers do have XFX cards listed.

Gold, with XFX: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/campaigns/deals.asp?campaignid=2663
Silver, no XFX: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/campaigns/deals.asp?campaignid=2664
Bronze, with XFX: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/campaigns/deals.asp?campaignid=2665

Not even the Double D R9 270 card I linked to above is in that promo page. Something's fishy.

Sorry for the confusion. We are contacting Tiger to correct this now.

All AMD PROMOS available to one manufacturer should be available to others. Hopefully, not too many people got accidentally left out.

Please include me in all future emails regarding this (I pm'd you my email).

If anyone else has any issues, please feel free to PM us.

Hello sorry to bump this old post but I to am also stuck with the same issue. I've been getting the run around from tigerdirect as they also mentioned that XFX should provide a code for me to redeem the rewards.

A little background: I ordered the card 2 weeks ago. I received all order emails and shipping emails and even the rebate emails, but I have not received anything in email format or with in the XFX Double D 270X that I ordered from tigerdirect to help me redeem the Silver Rewards. (item# - JIE-102120915). I contacted XFX via phone as the card came with a support number. I was informed that tigerdirect should provide the information for the free games, and I believe so. Tigerdirect on the other hand has mentioned that XFX should provide the information and to contact them. They also mentioned that my case would get escalated but that was Monday and I have yet to receive any contact information. I've chatted, emailed, called tigerdirect and still have no answer to how to obtain the 2 free games.

Can you help me out here XFXSupport?

Yes, i sent you a PM.

Sometimes CS reps get confused about these things... There are alot of bundles running all the time on all types of products. Fortunately we're here to cover you. Thanks

Hello,

This promotion would have been provided by the retailer who sold it. Where did you get it from? they either email it or include a voucher. This one wouldn't be redeemed at xfxforce.com.

The only current bundles redeemed with personal activation codes are units sold at Best Buy

Ok, if that's the case, then why have on that page that this gets the Radeon gold rewards, and not link it to a retailer? Seems a bit like a dirty thing to do, say there is a carrot, but you get a slap on the hand, when reaching for said carrot.

So glad to see all the support by XFX rep here. My next card will be XFX.

XFX has helped me start (arguably) Legendary threads as well.

Last edited:
What an absolute legend XFXSupport is. He got my code all sorted , downloading my games now. Thanks again mate.

About to bump an old thread...XFXSupport I am hoping you can help me out. I sent you a PM with further information but I am not sure if it sent or not as it does not appear in my list of sent items.

If you see this please let me know if I need to resend or not. Thanks! :)

-Dave

Back