Anyone having fun with BF3?

I guess I am a rarity. I am finding it extremely difficult to get into this game. I barely play once a day if even that. I think I just hit level 5. In BFBC2, I was 13 by this time.

I just seem to have all sorts of odd issues which no one else seems to suffer from and it happens regardless of what PC I play on.

I'm having fun but I'm a "decent" player in BC2 and I really feel like I'm way back at square one with this.

I guess I am a rarity. I am finding it extremely difficult to get into this game. I barely play once a day if even that. I think I just hit level 5. In BFBC2, I was 13 by this time.

I just seem to have all sorts of odd issues which no one else seems to suffer from and it happens regardless of what PC I play on.

I sadly can kind of relate. I haven't had any hardware/software issues, but just some general issues with the gameplay itself that makes me hesitant to play.

It's kind of sad, because during the beta I was playing a lot and I was chomping at the bit to get the final. Once I got it I played one or two MP matches, played through the entire SP campaign, and have only played MP for a few hours total. There are a lot of imbalance issues that just tend to frustrate me and deter me from playing the game. Hopefully some patching will fix it up.

I sadly can kind of relate. I haven't had any hardware/software issues, but just some general issues with the gameplay itself that makes me hesitant to play.

It's kind of sad, because during the beta I was playing a lot and I was chomping at the bit to get the final. Once I got it I played one or two MP matches, played through the entire SP campaign, and have only played MP for a few hours total. There are a lot of imbalance issues that just tend to frustrate me and deter me from playing the game. Hopefully some patching will fix it up.

I am in the same boat...but I guess I just don't like the direction Battlefield went. I know so many of you find this amazing but the game just feels exactly like BC2. Same weird tiny maps with the illusion of hugeness. Same weird run and gun gameplay where it always feels more like deathmatch than a team game.

I don't like that it rewards those who can play the longest with gadgets and stuff that actually make you better without actually being more skilled. I liked BF2s balance and I absolutely loved 2142 balance, it was almost perfect, now it is just bleh...there is no balance it seems.

I really feel they just too BC2, tweaked it a bit, added prone, planes, etc renamed it Battlefield 3 to make the rest of us STFU. I really don't feel it does BF2,2142,1942,V any justice.

In all other BF games, I never felt like I was in a 6 year olds soccer game, but with this, like BC2, I feel thats what it is, just a huge cluster fuck of people trying to a score.

That and the fact that many of the maps just absolutely BLOW as conquest maps. Specially Metro and that other one with the big tunnel. Even the large maps, the flags are still so close together. There are like 2 maps that really sort of feel like the large conquest maps from the other games.

I really don't know how long I will play this game, but it surely won't be any where near the time I spent in all the other BF games. It is just too dumbed down for me and just doesn't feel like battlefield.

Hardcore...shouldn't even be an option, BC2 introduced that junk.

Loving the game! I play at 1920 x 1080 on Ultra graphics settings, and it's smooth as silk (specs in sig). I actually prefer Squad Deathmatch at the moment to Conquest, as I'm just better at it.

sorta agree, but in BC2, hardcore was the only thing I enjoyed and that was only so I could sit there and try for crazy long range sniper shots.

I agree, BFBC2's netcode was so unbelievable shitty that hardcore made sense since you never knew if your bullets were gonna hit or just make ketchup squirt out of the enemy :p

Anyone else faced cheaters yet? Faced against two today... of course they're using machine guns. :(

It's always the LMG idiots. I don't think I have come across any blatant cheaters yet, maybe some that use wall hacks and use it wisely, but probably none yet.

No the fucking game didn't turn up on time, thanks Royal Snail.

I agree, BFBC2's netcode was so unbelievable shitty that hardcore made sense since you never knew if your bullets were gonna hit or just make ketchup squirt out of the enemy :p

Bollocks, failure to aim well blamed on netcode, funny I haven't had problems hitting targets from day one except the borked butter knife issue from behind that was documented

Bollocks, failure to aim well blamed on netcode, funny I haven't had problems hitting targets from day one except the borked butter knife issue from behind that was documented

I have to agree. I did quite well on bc2 and had no issues aiming. Bullets have a travel time and you had to lead your targets, it was quite challenging but could be learned through practice. I loved it.

I'm having fun but I'm a "decent" player in BC2 and I really feel like I'm way back at square one with this.

I feel the same. Just tried it for a few hours Saturday night. Haven't played BC2 in a while, so I hit the noob servers. I spent most of those few hours respawning because of a bunch of rank 20+ idiots working up the ranks quickly on us poor innocent noobs. ITS A TRAP!!

Plus, the game didn't really like something about my system as it wasn't very smooth at all. Checked the system requirements website and it said my 720BE was barely over the minimum requirements. Kind of expected that though.

The rubberbanding can be annoying at times, but overall I'm having tons of fun.

I shot a guy point blank while he was prone on the cap point in Metro, didn't even touch him. This was with an RPG and the explosion went off and everything, no hit. Yes their hit detection is spotty.

Tried some co-op, figuring out Battlelog, loving this game. Nice guys (and maybe gals) @ [H]ard to play w/ too.

Back