Anyone having fun with BF3?

polive

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm having a lot of fun with the game. Today I played 2 or 3 hours, different servers, etc. I haven't experienced ANY kicks, crashes, freezes, crazy lagging, rubber band lag spikes...just FUN.

I'm not raining on anyone's pouting and pissing parade here. I'm just saying the game has been good for me today. Yesterday was a different story, some servers lagging a lot, a couple of PB kicks.

I'm playing 32 players servers only right now. I think maybe for me it was the 64 servers that were giving me problems.

Just want to say good luck and TRY to have fun because the game is very good.

OH yeah PC FTW!

I'm having a fucking blast! The [H] servers are great, even though the TDM server crashed a couple of times tonight.

I'm having a fucking blast! The [H] servers are great, even though the TDM server crashed a couple of times tonight.

I didnt find any [H] Hardcore servers?.....you would think [H]ardocp would run [H]ardcore servers.

Game is fun. Just a couple complaints about menu layouts and game-play features, but overall its a nice fun game. I never buy anything from EA that hasn't been out for a few months as I've been burned with buggy crappy games from them at launch. However I just couldn't resist BF3, or the price I got it for :).

I have had a few graphical anomalies, however on my 6970 @ 1080p, I'm averaging about 50fps with a mix of high and Ultra settings. Using a Q9550 @ 3.8, so its not the most powerful CPU around. I did honestly figure I'd get a bit better performance, but its still very playable.

I didnt find any [H] Hardcore servers?.....you would think [H]ardocp would run [H]ardcore servers.

this... I only play Hardcore and was dissapointed that none of the [H]ard Servers were hardcore, kinda like wtf? lol

Eh, I like FF off! So normal non-Hardcore for me for now. As for performance, I'm using Ultra textures, everything else High, no AA, 16xAF, 1920x1200 and getting no less than 48 FPS. I keep Vsync on to 60 Hz. I'm ok without AA when the graphics detail is already so high, and Multi Player is a great experience.

Any other things I can bump to Ultra without performance hits (or minimal)? I haven't really tried.

Rig is in sig.

Despite the horrendous stuttering, yeah.

The graphics looks amazing to me, although I think some of the most distant mountains are painted there rather than true 3D objects, but it blends very well compared to the skybox we used to have in older games. That mountainside map totally blew me away, and I only have an ageing GTX 295. Can't wait to upgrade to a new card.

I'm enjoying the gameplay, although whether its much more polished compared to beta is still hard to judge given the annoying stuttering. I hope they fix that.

I still hate Battlelog though. At random times, its not showing any ping value for any of the servers listed

loving BF3 -- I lucked out on monday night when I got the email it was ready to play via origin. Was super luck also in the fact that my "off" days were Mon/Tues/Wed so I got some good time in.

If they can get the PING section in battle log to work properly, and integrate a PING column in the game itself I will be a happy man. Playing on my i5 2500K 4.5GHz, 6950 2gb @ 900Mhz is a true joy :)

Despite the horrendous stuttering, yeah.

The graphics looks amazing to me, although I think some of the most distant mountains are painted there rather than true 3D objects, but it blends very well compared to the skybox we used to have in older games. That mountainside map totally blew me away, and I only have an ageing GTX 295. Can't wait to upgrade to a new card.

I'm enjoying the gameplay, although whether its much more polished compared to beta is still hard to judge given the annoying stuttering. I hope they fix that.

I still hate Battlelog though. At random times, its not showing any ping value for any of the servers listed

What are your settings/~fps and gpu usage in games? My friend's running 2x 260's and I'm trying to help find optimum settings @ 1920x1200. Wondering if it might be a cpu bottleneck w/ his stock i7 920 as he's only getting 66% load per card.

I've heard of several others on x58 chipsets getting rid of stuttering by disabling hyperthreading. I haven't had this issue on my i7 2600k, but it may be worth trying.

Last edited:
I haven't been this enthused about a game since CounterStrike Source came out. I am loving BF3.

Really enjoying the game, but I dont see a filter choice for non FF. Got killed so many times by my own guys last night.

What are your settings/~fps and gpu usage in games? My friend's running 2x 260's and I'm trying to help find optimum settings @ 1920x1200. Wondering if it might be a cpu bottleneck w/ his stock i7 920 as he's only getting 66% load per card.

I've heard of several others on x58 chipsets getting rid of stuttering by disabling hyperthreading. I haven't had this issue on my i7 2600k, but it may be worth trying.

To be honest, I don't recall GPUZ ever showing the GPU load at 100% during gaming. Roughly about 70-80% is fairly typical.

My settings are all High except for Terrain Quality which is limited to Medium by the game itself, possibly due to the less than 1GB VRAM. No any AA, SSAO and 1920x1080

FPS is anywhere between 45-60 (usually only in indoors where I can get 60)

Stuttering seems to be random for me though. Today, after several round which "felt" quite smooth, the game started to stutter badly. I decided to shut the game down and restart, and that somehow help

I'm enjoying the game, but it would have been nice to FINALLY have a way to practice flying helicopters and planes in a single player mode. Yeah, there's co-op, but I don't really want to subject other people to 5+ hours of me trying to fly a chopper while failing miserably.

Not fun at all. I have only been getting about 3 hours of sleep per night since Monday because I'm bored out of my mind. What a boring game this Battlefield 3. I'm bored just talking about it. Mowing down several people at once in a heli is so boring. BAH

;)

BF3 is a lot of fun and it's even better than BC2. The only negative thing is I'm sleeping late everyday since release.

BF3 is a lot of fun and it's even better than BC2. The only negative thing is I'm sleeping late everyday since release.

Can't blame ourself when the servers are all still populated even at 3am:eek:

Really enjoying the game, but I dont see a filter choice for non FF. Got killed so many times by my own guys last night.

You gotta make sure Hardcore servers are filtered out. Those are pretty much all FF on servers. The non-Hardcore are generally FF off.

After taking about a day to sort through all the bullshit that EA and DICE packaged in this game, yes. It's an awesome multi-player game packed into a really shitty package.

It's like getting your favorite toy wrapped in newspaper smeared with dog shit.

having a blast. just glad it wasn't on steam, than I'd probably be having some sort of problems.

Dice did a good job with Battlelog

I am having a hell of a good time with BF3... BattleLog hasn't given me any issues particularly, I actually prefer it to an in-game browser at this point. Really really well-done game, and the graphics are extremely good while performing well :D! Do I have some complaints, sure, but they're pretty minor ones (such as needing to re-zoom the map with the N key every respawn if I want it further out, that kind of thing). Overall it's some of the best money I've spent in awhile on gaming... mind you, I only paid $45 + free deadspace 2 + free mass effect 2, but even if I had paid full price with no freebies I'd be saying the same thing.

bf3pc1.jpg

Love the game. I continue to somehow have experiences that are glitch free.

I'm sorry but using a web browser to get into a PC game just sucks. It is ruining the game for me. I have BF3 for both the PC and Xbox and quite frankly I prefer the Xbox right now. The MP is seemless on the Xbox.

I'm sorry but using a web browser to get into a PC game just sucks. It is ruining the game for me. I have BF3 for both the PC and Xbox and quite frankly I prefer the Xbox right now. The MP is seemless on the Xbox.

Wow, so you're foregoing the much superior graphics, gameplay, and 64 player experience because of battlelog?! I'm honestly surprised as I don't see anything wrong with battlelog other than server queuing being disabled.

With two young children, my only chance to play nowadays are from 9 to midnight. And I've gone past midnight a few times this week already.

This is my favorite game of all time. It's simply amazing. The manual punkbuster update has solved all of my issues, and my system crushes the game. It runs flawlessly @ 2560 x 1440 on my iMac display (IPS) . I'm averaging 70 to 120 fps at Ultra with 2x MSAA and 4x Aniso w/ post and HBAO.

Love the game. I continue to somehow have experiences that are glitch free.

Other than the airframes on 64 player servers having way too many miles on them (the shaking :p) I'm problem free as well.

Game and associated functions actually turned out better than I expected. In some cases much better.

I'm having alot of fun, but am raging alot too, I just get too competitive in these kind of games, i get really fucking annoyed when I'm on a shit team or have a negative kdr

Those are cdkey resellers. Basically they are reselling you a key from a cheaper source (usually some regions are cheaper due to lower standard of living and black market competition). That is the "trick" basically.

The $60 places (or similar) are actually authorized distributors from your region.

Playing 64 player "Hardcore" only and absolutely friggen loving every second of it! I do well enough and even when getting my tail kicked, I still enjoy myself. Mortars, which I haven't tried yet, are pure death. Having them blasting all around you is crazy! This is honestly the most fun I've had since BF 1942!!!

Last edited:
The following are questions; not complaints.

Is there a way to blacklist servers? Like ones where they stack teams or say 21ms latency but everyone moves as if on a slideshow?

How can you tell if a server is going to play the same map over and over? I like variety, but as soon as I get decent at a map the admin switches maps because he died too many times. :)

How can you tell if a server allows you to play with one person? I would like to learn to fly the helicopter or jet, but only time I get to try is when on a live server after the Ace of our team got shot down. When I hop in and crash into the ground before takeoff it doesn't get me much rep with my squad....

How can you tell if a scope has "glint" if you zoom in with it? I remember that feature in the beta and want to avoid it as much as possible.

Why does the "Quick Match" keep sending me to empty servers? Is there a way to turn off empty servers from appearing?

Is there a way to get the CO-OP gun unlocks without playing CO-OP? My nephews all bought the game on PS3 and got me the PC version as a gift. So I don't have a soul to play CO-OP with.

Is there in game voice chat besides the friends thing on Battlelog? Is there a way to communicate with your squad using voice chat like in BF:BC2?

Is there a way to not get kicked at the end of every match? It started after I updated Punkbuster.

Is there a way to queue for a server? After I get kicked after each match I have to pray to get back on the good server without slideshows and usually I can't because "The server isn't there."

Last edited:
I'm having a blast with it. Started with heavy medic/support play, switched to some engineer and that fun and today tried some recon/sniping.

Drove up to a rock formation, went prone and saw a sniper on top of a crane, Q spotted him, then took a shot... headshot FTW!

The windage and bullet mechanics, for me, are a blast right now. I've also had a ton of fun in tanks, driving and support.

Learning each class and the upgrades and fine tuning them for each map is really fun for me.

64 player maps so far, conquest. Hardcore servers are a bitch at times right now with TKs but I don't take it serious and just roll on out as I keep learning each class and different ways to attack/defend/support.

I had 100hours or so into BC2 and I enjoyed it... but for me, this is a much better experience.

And if you haven't tried it yet, find a 64 player Metro map and enjoy the raging battle in the subway tunnel, insanely fun with all the rounds, nades, explosions going off in close quarters.

Is there a way to get the CO-OP gun unlocks without playing CO-OP? My nephews all bought the game on PS3 and got me the PC version as a gift. So I don't have a soul to play CO-OP with.

I just did it via the public matchmaker. Only 2 of missions would really benefit from more communication, even then they were doable without much issues on hard.

Love everything about this game including the very intuitive and informative battlelog. Can't wait for karkand, and what other DLC Dice whips out. My only gripe is that I play on hardcore only servers and I've killed more teammates in this game than I ever did in BC2...very frustrating especially when you're hestitant to fire at anything moving or you have to look real hard to gauge if its an enemy. I do feel a great sense of accomplishment when you knife an enemy and take their tags, the animation is absolutely brilliant!

playing on a laptop with all low settings, 13xx * 7xx reso and still having a blast.

Can't wait to upgrade!

Having a ball. Seems like the little bugs are slowly going away as the days go by. Currently working on maxing out the support class. Got a fucking quadruple kill with mortars last night. Cleared a bottleneck and won the game for us. Awesome.

I can't put this game down I'm loving it so much. The graphics, the vehicles, the guns it's all fantastic. Sure there are a number of bugs and glitches to iron out (but if that bothers you then you should have known better than to buy a BF game on release) and I have to admit I am liking Battlelog after all. It's nice to just click on it in my browsers favorites and check my stats/unlocks and see if my favorite servers are populated without having to fire up the full game.

Back