Anyone else interested in WildStar?

well gave in and pre-ordered, for $45 ill take the chance, looks interesting to me. Any idea when the open beta is? These weekend betas always seem to fall on weekends when im busy lol

This weekend (25th) is a "bonus" weekend and the week after (2nd) is a planned weekend. After that it may be a 4 week wait until release day. . . Though I bet another bonus weekend will happen again.

EDIT:
I have one beta key for the EU server left.
The US server key has been assigned.

Free to the first person to PM me, though your [H] account has to be at least a month old.

Last edited:
I got a Beta invite for this weekend.

Will try it out. Check your e-mails folks

I've got 2 US & 1 EU invites. Would it be worth it for me to use one of them?

I may give away 1 US & 1 EU if I do. Otherwise, all of them will be given away.

US and EU key. If you claim them please post that you have.

Beta Key for U.S. Servers:

BQ6W-B9W6-S5M6-KJ4L-VU86

Beta Key for European Servers:

R64X-X7LK-98N7-HSZ7-WLMR

I have 1 weekend key for Europe, lost intrest awhile ago for this game. PM me if ur intrested to play.

Last edited:
I know it's almost over but does anyone have an extra NA key for this weekend? I'd like to give the game a try.

Had a lot of fun playing this, this weekend. Only got up to level 10, I spent a lot of time wandering, rather than questing. I still don't have a full understanding of how it all works with gearing, mods, tradeskills etc, but I don't to burn myself out too quick. I'm going to *try* and take this one easy, and actually understand the quests, and plotlines.

Decided there was a good chance of wearing out my rMBP keyboard prematurely, and ordered up a Razer BW tourney keyboard. Also, while the gameplay is nice, fps is abysmal on my laptop. Hopefully they will tweak a few more things before release in the performance arena. My GPU use is 100%, CPU nearly idle @ 10% usage.

If I remember later, I will copy-pasta my thoughts from trying the beta that I posted on another forum. I'm actually a bit surprised there aren't more posts in this thread post-weekend.

I did max out just about all the graphical details and I also had only OK performance although what I saw really didn't warrant that kind of load. Not sure what that was about.

I have been playing the same melee character (Warrior?) for the past 3 or 4 beta weekends. Got him up to 17 this last weekend. Still really confused on the AMP system and skill rotations, etc. I got a good basic understanding on the crafting, well minus the cooking. I didn't spend enough time to try to figure the damn thing out. I started crafting weapons then changed to armor.

I've always been a pretty big crafter in all the MMOs I play. I'm kinda not liking that mining is one of two skills you can have trained. I was hoping it was off on its own so I could maybe do weapons and armor at the same time. I can live with the way it is now though. I tried the runecrafting this past weekend, the interface crapped out almost every single time, I was able to get one rune crafted, for the quest to make one. Guess it was a bug.

I did have one or two areas along the outer edges of the zones where the framerate tanked wicked fast and it turned into a stuttering crawl through that one area, along the edges of the zone. Did it every single time in that one spot. Soon as I left that spot, bam, back to normal framerates. I have not tried a ranged-type class, only the melee-type class. I like the graphics and sound effects, the music is OK, not go-out-and-buy-soundtrack worthy though.

I did not experience and hard CTDs or lockups, so I think the game and UI were pretty stable. I did install a couple of addons from Curse. One was a junk item sell addon. They need to put a junk sell option in the game! Auto repair option would be nice as well. I hate forgetting to check! LOL

Beta weekend this weekend I heard. Anyone got a key for this weekend for US that they might part with? If they are giving out keys that is.

Head over to TenTonHammer.com and they have some keys available. Give it a go - this is indeed another beta weekend, likely the very last beta weekend... open beta could be coming soon!

However, I have to admit there are still quite a few issues I see in game that I'm worried won't be fixed by launch... but I'm hopeful. They have been updating. A few things on my shitlist...

1. Map/minimap, especially with relation to quests. For the love of whatever deity you choose, please have the objectives show up on both map and minimap, and when you interact with one of them, have the one that's now been "cleared " go away! I spent a half an hour running around on the Thayd Tours quest to see all the projectors, finding out which I've already used and find the few I haven't! Have reasonable icons for party members, quests, pickups/path items etc.. that are easy to see Seriously, if you can't replicate the complete quality of the World of Warcraft and/or Guild Wars 2, mapping system, you are going to be in trouble.

2. As a Warrior primary, I'm annoyed with this big dumb Arm Cannon that can't be even hidden when sword is sheathed, has only one unchanging graphic, yet doesn't show up on your character sheet! Give the damn thing a proper graphics update with multiple models, and have a 'sheathed" form and a "drawn" form. Especially annoying for roleplaying.

3. Esper - main weapon, Psiblade, has ZERO animations. The damn thing is perpetually stuck to your back. Un-bloody-acceptable. You can't draw it, there's no "active" form etc... fix it by at least replicating the TERA Sorcerer style animations. Make the thing detach from your back and spin, hover, glow, spit out psychic sigils .... do something!

4. Engineer - Mech Suit needs major upgrades, cosmetics. It needs graphical progressions as you level. The first "bolt on" appearance is cool for the start, but people are expecting something with a bit more coverage as you level up. 2 models, both progressive...one "Iron man" style for assault, another "heavy, mechwarrior" style for tanking would be an improvement. Hell, have a 3rd top level suit model set that's more "Gundam/anime" inspired, progression. For making a big deal of it, having the suit for 10 seconds doesn't feel very epic. I'd rather it be something that it totally replaces, or at least adds to, your action bar. Implants and whatnot could upgrade it too. Oh, and Bots also could use customization. No reason not to have them progress as well and at least have the same options for Scientist Bots and Mounts in terms of visual customization.

5. Inventory - There are a lot of items that should be in the Tradeskill Bag or a Housing storage Crate, but are not. Power Cores for example, should be in the Tradeskill Bag. Farming items like seeds, mushrooms etc... need to be stored in the Tradeskill Bag or in the Housing Crate. Schematics, Catalysts etc... all in the Tradeskill Bag. FABKits need some sort of special storage - I'd say in the Housing Crate, which at the moment only holds Decor items. This stuff is common sense.

6. Crafting - Capital City Work Orders should scale to your crafting Tech Tree skill. Right now, the rate of Novice/Apprentice Tech Tree pacing is insane - you can't generally afford to unlock the entire tree during the levels you're "supposed" to do so, especially early on. Pacing is all wrong. Either introduce crafting earlier and have it cost a lot less, or make some major other changes.

There are a few others that have been annoying, but I hope the above get fixed soon. If anyone else shares these concerns, there are threads on the official forums, mine and others, that perhaps we can petition for updates.

Last edited:
Whew, thank goodness for open beta, having to scrounge/beg/*censored* for a key the last few test weekends was a bit crazy. :p Been liking the Warrior character, love melee type chars the most. Might putz around with another class during open beta.

After spending $60 and three beta weekends, I give it a solid meh. The graphics are pretty though.

I'm very happy that Open Beta is coming so soon. I do hope that there is a significant amount of patching still to be done, though, throughout OB.

WildStar definitely is off to a good start, I think. There are still some niggling issues (like some of the above I listed in a previous post on this page) I feel that really stop it being the true "This is the next MUST PLAY MMO", but it depends if they repair them and add lots of improvements then in time it could truly be great. I have to say I'm worried simply because so many other games have started cutting corners, not updating/fixing enough or fast enough after launch, or being willing to improve major systems even if it means making a change.

For instance, WoW and Guild Wars 2 both have switched to a more "Account-wide" dynamic, which is a major positive in just about everywhere it is implemented. Achievements, mounts, pets, certain unlocks, Tradeskill and inventory/bank etc... WildStar has yet to do so. Its the "quality of life/play" fixes that can mean so much.

Likewise, I'm interested to see how they move forth with group content given the unique WildStar targeting - where everyone pretty much has "AOEs" for every attack. I noticed in the level 15 "Dungeon/Adventure" that especially against the final boss, it was difficult to be able to see what's landing where, watching the boss's telegraphs as well as your own, while making sure you're in the healer's area of effect etc... I can only imagine the incredible eye-explosions that take place when you have 20 or 40 players! Yes, you can probably turn down the graphics etc... but you should HAVE to do so for raiding visibility.

I'm also a bit worried about raid content as a whole. There's rather small but loud section of the playerbase who are always crying to bring back "Raiding as a job", to make it as inaccessible as possible. For instance, at the moment there is no "Looking for Raid" style in the Group Finder. Every other kind of content has a cross--realm finder, but not raiding. There are people that don't want one provided as an option. That's insane, in my view. Much like in WoW, there are already "Epic/super hard" and "Normal for a raiding guild who brings the same team every week" difficulty settings. I don't see any problem with including LFR, even if it doesn't actually lower the difficulty of the encounter at all (though, I do think there SHOULD be a lower difficulty setting so that more can enjoy the content. Much like with WoW, it comes with gear variants several item levels lower etc...). I don't think that "having to find a balanced 40 people, geared, and able to go when you want to go" should be part of the meta-experience of raiding, when there is the technology to make things more accessible without taking away from the experience at all. However, if Carbine listens to the hardest of the hardcore "game as a job, raiding is only for the top 1%, everyone else gawk at our awesomeness", they'll fall short compared to what the could have in WildStar.

On the plus side there is a lot to like and I'll definitely be playing, as I have since Closed Beta, but I really am wary of the minefield of decisions that could cause something that has the potential for greatness, to fall short.

Oh, and the UI modding community is absolutely great so far.. Get thyself a Curse.com or ZAM.com (MMOUI etc...) membership if you want the fastest updates and most features.

I like the game so far, I have tried a the stalker and spellslinger classes in closed beta. I like the unique art style of the game and the combat mechanics are pretty fun. It's action style like Tera but different at the same time. I haven't progressed passed like level 10 yet but it's been fun so far, I got a good pre-order deal so I will definitely be playing the game. I have high hopes it will be something special and provide hours of entertainment this summer while I wait for some games coming out later this fall / holiday time. And hopefully with expansions and updates it will keep my attention for a while to keep playing it for a long time to come.

For those that haven't heard, open beta is slated to start today, May 8th, at 7am PDT and last until the 18th. So this is the perfect time to hop on and try things out if you are on the fence about the game!

Oh, for those unaware... Every day you log into Open Beta (or actually, previous Beta Weekends as well etc...) you will be granted 3 "Boom Box" items in game, that can hold a selection of neat items, including mounts and costumes/equip! https://forums.wildstar-online.com/...n-the-mystery-box-earn-free-items-for-launch/

In most circumstances I'm vehemently opposed to "random box / gatchapon" style items in MMOs, especially if there are rare "good" items and common chances of getting "crap" instead, but for once the implementation used in WildStar could work out. Most importantly, these items are FREE, given as bonuses for things like testing on PTS, logging on certain days, compensation for server-wide issue, special events etc... not for payment, as it is in most titles. Furthermore, though it is unconfirmed, I've been told these items will be account-wide, which if true is fantastic news - and as it should be. So, log on daily and get some extra swag!

I'm downloading it to give it a whirl. It's going extremely slow. I hope this isn't indicative of poor game server implementation and just lack of bandwidth given to the patcher.

I'm downloading it to give it a whirl. It's going extremely slow. I hope this isn't indicative of poor game server implementation and just lack of bandwidth given to the patcher.

The patcher, especially when P2P enabled, is sometimes really slow, but it isn't indicative of the game server performance or anything overall. I've had very little difficulty with actual server stability, aside from volume and bug related issues to be expected during beta/stress tests.

Oh boy, open beta has been a mess so far for a lot of people, borderline fiasco to some.

1. Installing/patching the game has been insane for some people, errors, crashes, sloooooooow patching times, etc. Likely compounded by the increase in people in the beta.

2. Some big flickering issues on some AMD video cards. I don't know anymore about this, I have not experienced it on a 5870 or a 7870 myself.

3. Crafting, oh boy. Seriously borked to hell and back right now. Tooltips not showing proper or complete text, so no idea what one needs to do to complete the tree item. People losing lots of crafted items, even worn items. Items poofing from their inventory as well. Really confused how this slipped through the cracks. Didn't happen before that I remember from the previous weekends I tested the game.

Not overly impressed with the above mentioned issues or the other issues.

Their programmers need some lessons. I installed it on one machine, copied the installed directory to another and ran wildstar.exe and it insisted on reinstalling which took almost longer than downloading it did. Ridiculous.

Their programmers need some lessons. I installed it on one machine, copied the installed directory to another and ran wildstar.exe and it insisted on reinstalling which took almost longer than downloading it did. Ridiculous.

so you copied the root folder? like c:\program files\wildstar and it didnt work? I wonder why lol :confused:

so you copied the root folder? like c:\program files\wildstar and it didnt work? I wonder why lol :confused:

All of Blizzard's games work perfectly fine if you do this, as does Steam. Games shouldn't rely on anything that requires an installer outside of the standard runtime executables.

It's not like we're dealing with a Microsoft or Adobe product that hooks 50 different things on installation.

No idea, it should have. I searched the registry on the original pc and didn't find much of anything beyond uninstaller entries, maybe that's what it's checking. I don't care enough at the moment to investigate further.

Bleh. They propped a hotfix for the crafting, it did not work. They say a full fix won't come until Monday. Figures, a bug of this magnitude on a Friday is usually a Monday issue. This has me pretty miffed, crafting is big for me. Guess I'll find something else to do in game. :D

Back