Anyone else got a 6700XT?

I should update my signature but I have the ASUS TUF 6700 XT which isn't loud but with Radeon Chill capping the framerate it is very quiet. I don't have the optional drivers yet and better DX11 or SAM with an AMD processor.
The latest official release driver has the multi-threaded driver improvements from the previous optional driver.

SAM (resizeable bar) works on Intel, as well. I have it active on my 12700k system. In the bios, You have to activate "above 4G decoding", before you can see the option for resizeable bar.

Reactions: c3k
like this
While I bought the XFX swft 6700xt mainly as a display out for a media computer that I rarely game on my ears have been plugged from allergies and it’s been warm out so I’ve been keeping the heat generation down in the living room. I’ve been Skipping out on gaming on my headset 6900xt rig and been gaming on my 6700xt in the living room.

Honestly the more I’ve tried it with it’s really its really pretty solid. Its largely somewhere similar to the 2080ti, 3070 and 6800m. I suspect you can get a fair price on a more generic looking card like the Swft. Honestly aside from lighting and not as smooth as lines in aesthetics XFX’s cooling solution is really good. I’d see no inherent reason to avoid a good deal just plan accordingly even in the wake of the eventual new cards.

I've been playing with a Red Devil 6700xt for a few weeks now. The price was too good to pass. It's a substantial upgrade to my 980ti - especially at 1440. It's arguable right now is not the best time to buy a GPU if you don't need, with rumored price slashing bloodbath of pricing in the next few months - some of which we are seeing today with both AMD and Nvidia.

Having said that I have no regrets.

There is the powercolor hellhound for 429 on Amazon. It's sitting in my cart. I am debating how long I want to wait. My 1060 6gb is well past it's prime so it's time

There is the powercolor hellhound for 429 on Amazon. It's sitting in my cart. I am debating how long I want to wait. My 1060 6gb is well past it's prime so it's time

Do it, you won't regret it. Also, that is a phenomenal price. I paid more than double that back in January for my 6700XT. Hell, the one I bought in January is currently $479. I feel like schmuck...

Well the 6700XT is in route. Amazon had the PC Red Devil for 449$. I am debating to grab a 5600X to replace my 3600X or just swing for the fence and grab the 5800X 3D

Well the 6700XT is in route. Amazon had the PC Red Devil for 449$. I am debating to grab a 5600X to replace my 3600X or just swing for the fence and grab the 5800X 3D

If you're gonna upgrade, go big or don't do it. 🤪

That's what I did back in January when I got my 6700 XT. I also got a 5900X. Those replaced 5700 XT and a 3900X.

If you're gonna upgrade, go big or don't do it. 🤪

That's what I did back in January when I got my 6700 XT. I also got a 5900X. Those replaced 5700 XT and a 3900X.
I think I am gonna jump to the 5600x considering I can sell the 3600 and offset most of the cost :) I think the 6700XT with a 5600x will be a good 1-2 punch. Then grab the 5800X 3D when its cheaper cause I am not upgrading to AM5 and DDR5 for at least 1 year :)

I think I am gonna jump to the 5600x considering I can sell the 3600 and offset most of the cost :) I think the 6700XT with a 5600x will be a good 1-2 punch. Then grab the 5800X 3D when its cheaper cause I am not upgrading to AM5 and DDR5 for at least 1 year :)

Looking like the near perfect combo

1660929762093.png

The 6750XT just dropped to $480 today: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZHZZ6YH
This is the i just grabbed from Best Buy , same pricing. She's a huge one compared to my 6600xt. This with the 5800x, I believe I'm set through the entire AM5 generation.

🤣
Uh huh...yeah, right
F***, I didn't even know about that 6750xt, when did it come out? What is special about it compared to rx 6700xt, just a bigger clock and better binned chips or am I missing something?
Really, really good price, at my place is about 670 usd and more.:asad:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
F***, I didn't even know about that 6750xt, when did it come out? What is special about it compared to rx 6700xt, just a bigger clock and better binned chips or am I missing something?
Really, really good price, at my place is about 670 usd and more.:asad:
6750xt just boosts clock speeds. All other specs are the same. I rather have a premium 6700xt vs basic 6750xt

"The memory of RX 6750 XT runs at 18 Gbps delivering a memory bandwidth of 432 GB/s while RX 6700 XT runs at 16 Gbps delivering bandwidth of 384GB/s."

They know how to charge for an ordinary overclock,horror.I would definitely buy an amd gpu (probably rx 6600xt) if they didn't screw up with pcie bandwidth and screw people who have PCIE 3.0 but don't have pcie 4.0... this is how you should buy a new motherboard, processor, etc., fuck them.
This is how nvidia earned billions from cryptocurrency miners and gamers and amd with its gpu almost nothing, here and there a few enthusiasts bought amd gpu cards, instead of lowering prices and offering amd graphics for the poor.

Last edited:
They know how to charge for an ordinary overclock,horror.I would definitely buy an amd gpu (probably rx 6600xt) if they didn't screw up with pcie bandwidth and screw people who have PCIE 3.0 but don't have pcie 4.0... this is how you should buy a new motherboard, processor, etc., fuck them.
This is how nvidia earned billions from cryptocurrency miners and gamers and amd with its gpu almost nothing, here and there a few enthusiasts bought amd gpu cards, instead of lowering prices and offering amd graphics for the poor.
I generally don't understand? On my B450 ITX and 5600 I get x16 PCI-E Speed using Gen 3 vs Gen 4..... I have rebar for the caching so I am not sure what your beef is? The preformance difference between x16 ver 3 and ver 4 is almost none on this level of a card.

I generally don't understand? On my B450 ITX and 5600 I get x16 PCI-E Speed using Gen 3 vs Gen 4..... I have rebar for the caching so I am not sure what your beef is? The preformance difference between x16 ver 3 and ver 4 is almost none on this level of a card.
Last I heard the pcie3/4 stuff only really mattered on the gimped 6500xt with 4 lanes.

Yes, another reason why I went for nvidia rtx 3060 12gb and not rx 6600xt, amd rx 6600xt or any of the 6000 series does not support smart access with ryzen 2700x processor and nvidia supports rBar with this 2700x.
It's really illogical and stupid, but it's true.
Everyone went crazy for their processors, but they screwed up with the graphics.
I hope it will be fixed with the new generation or nvidia will take everything from them again.

So much press around GPUs these days. I've added a 6950xt to cart multiple times in the last few weeks. For no other reason than the prices have dropped and I feel an unnecessary upgrade itch.

I'm still happy with my 6700xt. I'm not a serious enough gamer to upgrade.

Posting here to keep myself grounded.

Hi. I'm Max and I have a problem ;).

**edit**
Pulled the trigger on a 6950xt today. Will rationalize and subsidize w/ sale of other hardware :).

Last edited:
So much press around GPUs these days. I've added a 6950xt to cart multiple times in the last few weeks. For no other reason than the prices have dropped and I feel an unnecessary upgrade itch.

Wait for the 7800 cards and see where things shake out 😜

Hi Max, welcome to Hardware's Anonymous. You're not alone, friend. :p

Don’t worry, one day you will overcome. 😊 It only took me 31 years but I no longer upgrade so if I can do it…. 😀

Careful, some wretch in silicon valley is going to create some new gpu mined coin everyone will go nuts over now.
plus it seems current supplies for 6700/6800 and older 3XXX cards have flattened out and might be gone up due to high prices of 7900 cards and 4090/4080's

I picked up a 6750xt recently and I'm perfectly happy with it. At the moment it's only running games at 1080p but I plan on getting a 1440p monitor later this year and I expect to have no real problems with the card running that especially since the GPU barely does anything running at 1080p on anything I've played so far.

Was it the most expensive GPU I've ever purchased? Yep, at $400 it was well above the $229 I had paid for an 8800GT 512 back in the day which was the most I'd ever spent. Sadly, $400 for a 6750xt is a flat out steal in the current market for what it can do.

Back