Anybody else regretting buying SC2?

I don't have a problem with this at all. I can understand how they'd be upset that someone takes their software, makes a custom map that is enjoyable, and then someone makes a straight copy of it after a few years and makes a fat wad of cash to boot. Games aren't the only place where things like this happen, a lot of jobs stipulate that anything you create while employed there is the companies property.

i like valve's way more they are encouraging people to make maps and actually paying them for rights of map if they are very good

No, it's an awesome game backed by a company that won't leave it to rot after release. Awesome gameplay, many gameplay choices, great music, artistic direction, presentation, etc. etc. Everything you'd expect from Blizzard. Not a perfect first installment, but it's only going to get better. After hearing everything about SC2 at Blizzcon, it's obvious.

i like valve's way more they are encouraging people to make maps and actually paying them for rights of map if they are very good

True, and both approaches are valid. I was mostly just pointing out that it's hard to get upset at Blizzard after they watch dota turn into 2 games and soon to be a third, all of which have made quite a lot of money considering... HoN is $30 a pop, and a lot of people have paid for sub-accounts/stat-resets. LoL isn't a straight ripoff of dota like HoN, but it's still a dota-style game and carries identical concepts, and it's made a ton of money off of skins etc.

I hear Blizzard likes their cashola and wants as much as possible, so it's understandable they'd try and get it :D

I still play it.I dont play for hours and hours a day so i am not tired of it. I started playing zerg and terran instead of just toss (god im awful at zerg). I mostly do team games. its a lot more fun to me.

I've finished the single player and did a few achievements on normal, the hard mode is too extreme for me and I suck in multi player. That's why I have not played it for a few months at least.
Can't say I regret paying full price that much, but $40 would be a more reasonable price for the game, I think.

some people played 1k-3k games already
not sure how is that even possible
and with few people with 20% winning percentage they are diamond
or even go mass vikings vs. marines/ stalkers
and they are diamond
some things bother me about sc2

I've pretty much stopped playing in September. The online play stresses me out so I'm not sure why I'd put myself through that. I can imagine picking it back up on my vacation or something. Getting 100% of my RTS fix from Company of Heroes.

I have only played the single player and have no desire to play online. Only thing I regret is the $60s for it... even 50 would have been ok with me.

I probably won't get the other games when they come out. I never understood the Zerg and Protoss are just WAY to slow for me to deal with.

I've pretty much stopped playing in September. The online play stresses me out so I'm not sure why I'd put myself through that. I can imagine picking it back up on my vacation or something. Getting 100% of my RTS fix from Company of Heroes.

Online play being stressful seems like a shallow reason. There's other things to do online than player ladder games. Hell, I've accumulated more coop games and almost as many custom games as ladder games and I'm diamond in every league.

I've also spent over 100 hours with the galaxy editor. Personally there's a limitless amount of things to do for me in SC2 even if I don't ladder at all.

Online play being stressful seems like a shallow reason. There's other things to do online than player ladder games. Hell, I've accumulated more coop games and almost as many custom games as ladder games and I'm diamond in every league.

I've also spent over 100 hours with the galaxy editor. Personally there's a limitless amount of things to do for me in SC2 even if I don't ladder at all.

Specifically it's the league games that stress me out, which is reason enough for me to avoid the game. I don't want to go anywhere near things that bring me stress.

I do enjoy playing coop to a degree, but can only do so many Coop vs. AI games until I'm bored. Looking for a little more structure and variety, maybe a coop campaign (I actually made one in SC1). Most of the people I play with prefer league games to coop though.

I haven't finished the campaign yet either. I'm maybe 3/4 of the way through and fancy myself a completionist. I've gotten pretty good about getting most of the achievements, but get strangely frustrated when I miss or cannot complete one. I have the same problem with Company of Heroes campaigns while trying to earn all of the medals.

Definitely got my money's worth out of SC2. The league ladder can be stressful, but I consider it good competitive stress as long as I don't take it too seriously. I think I'll still enjoy playing this game 3-5 years from now, and you can't really ask for much more than that.

The only entertainment I get out of SC2 is watching the pro-casts by the various community commentators out there. The new B.net is simply terrible.

I got my $50 out of it. MP was pretty much a sucky experience, but I expected that so no worries.

monkey do you mean the jackasses on bnet or just the interface and layout of the bnet?

hell no, its a fun game :) Even if you haven't messed around with the multiplayer alot

Just curious what some of the major complaints are about b.net, since it is being brought up so much. I played some wc3 (lotsa dota) and diablo2, but I always played with friends, so I'm guessing I just never used alot of the old b.net features. What's missing?

No because starcraft 2 is not a console game which only last about 1-2 years, it'll last for atleast 10years so yea its worth it.

Most overrated game of the year IMO.

Its starcraft 1 with a new engine and some rebalancing and a new price tag. I know they want to keep the "pro gamers" happy and all but IMO it was a mistake.

Theres no more fun to be had outside the single player its too srs bsns all the damn time.

Just curious what some of the major complaints are about b.net, since it is being brought up so much. I played some wc3 (lotsa dota) and diablo2, but I always played with friends, so I'm guessing I just never used alot of the old b.net features. What's missing?

If I wanted to play games on a facebook wannabe, then b.net would be top choice. Real ID bullshit just adds on to the already stinking pile.

Wow, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I regret buying StarCraft 2 big time. And that's saying a lot coming from me. I've put weeks of playtime into the original and SC64. I spend all of my time creating and playing custom "use map settings" maps, and for some reason when you host a game, your map is listed at the very end of the list instead of the very beginning like in SC1. Well that breaks everything for me. I can never get people to join the maps I make. I mean ever. Not once have I gotten 6 people to play my co-op map because no one is gonna scroll threw 25 laggy pages of games to find mine. And where did the battle.net chat rooms go? Thanks a lot Blizzard for not only taking my 60 dollars for this game I will never play, and thanks again for not letting me sell it/give it to my step brother who is too poor to afford a copy. Way to screw over 2 of your ex fans. (oh well, back to Warcraft 3)

No I love the game, it's nearly perfect. With a few patches it will be perfect.

Freakin love me some StarCraft 2. It's the only game I've played/purchased recently where I thought the 50 dollar price tag was justifiable. I also like the new version of B.net with real ID and all that jazz.

got it when the game first came out and completed the campaign which was good. didn't touch it much after that but now I've been doing alot of ladder matches which is a blast.

CoH still my favorite rts but SCII is my 2nd

I wasn't real impressed with the original Starcraft, but I bought SC2 knowing what I was getting into. I think it was worth the money, just from the standpoint that it was a typically Blizzard polished, tight, good-lloking, and fairly fun game. There are plenty of much better RTSs out there, though, so from that standpoint, it is a disappointment.

Meh, completely underwhelming game as it's about 10 years too late. Company of Heroes is light years ahead of it in gameplay mechanics.

Love it and been playing since release I mostly play with 2 other real life friends and we do pretty good, I have to say it's one of the best RTS games I have played so I do not regret it one bit :)

Agreed, though for different reasons.

I didn't find the gameplay of Starcraft II to be much different from the first. Which is fine, but it's been a decade and my tastes evolved. Starcraft II just doesn't impress me or thrill me like I figured it would.

This, except I wasn't expecting to be blown away. I bought it because both of my brothers were going to get it so I thought it'd be fun together.

I beat the single-player. It was thoroughly average.

I played the multiplayer for a few weeks, but couldn't get into it. Maybe one in five matches was really any fun, but more often than not it felt frustrating and tedious. I think I just hate building bases and farming minerals.

I'll take DoW2's drop in and go style multiplayer any day.

told my self i was going to buy it, never got around to it and im glad i didn't. My friends do not even touch it anymore after being so worked up about the game.

I was given a beta key and could never get into it. I didn't play Sc1 but I loved the warcraft RTS's

I've tried to get into Relic's RTS games for years now. I convinced myself to try to like them but the lackluster balance and "easy" mechanics always rubbed me the wrong way. I still deluded myself that I was having a decent time.

Maybe I'm an RTS purist, and obviously everyone has different taste and that's why its great to have choice, but fucking Blizzard are the kings. I really need to delete DOW2 and CoH, I don't expect I'll ever touch them again, not when IMHO SC2 is so superior.

Honestly, there was plenty of time to monitor the game during beta and see exactly what you were buying. It's Starcraft with a new engine and just enough changes to make it feel fresh.

Chat channels were obnoxious and abused. Custom game titles were obnoxious and abused. I'll grant you that it's a bit of a pain finding the custom map you're looking for, but it seems like a fair trade to take idiots out of the equation in my opinion. The game is fun but people are focusing on the lack of BNet features instead.

It's like driving a Lamborghini and complaining about it because it doesn't have a cup holder.

Single Player sucked, and multiplayer is mass fests. So I wish I didn't buy it when I did, should of waited for bargain bin.

I think people get stressed out in multiplayer because they have to dedicate a lot of time, energy and thought to win 50% of the time. The competitive aspect of the game is definitely not for the weak of heart.

Back