Anybody else regretting buying SC2?

I swear to God, if they pull any of this kind of shit with Diablo III...

The new BNET is crappy as well but I hear they will add chat room and other features.

The real question is why wasn't it there in the first place? Putting together a simple chat room type setting couldn't be that difficult.

Don't even get me started on the lack of LAN.

I don't completely regret buying SC2, it was good experience for me while it lasted. But it's just that my brain somehow isn't wired to think logically in strategy games. I was never good at strategy games no matter how many times I play them. I'll just stick with first person shooter where thinking is not required haha.

Honestly, there was plenty of time to monitor the game during beta and see exactly what you were buying. It's Starcraft with a new engine and just enough changes to make it feel fresh.

Chat channels were obnoxious and abused. Custom game titles were obnoxious and abused. I'll grant you that it's a bit of a pain finding the custom map you're looking for, but it seems like a fair trade to take idiots out of the equation in my opinion. The game is fun but people are focusing on the lack of BNet features instead.

It's like driving a Lamborghini and complaining about it because it doesn't have a cup holder.

Chat channels were abused if you sat in the public ones and watched spam. Where is that ANY different on the entire Internet in a mostly unmoderated setting? Just don't use those channels, pretty simple. Not EVERYBODY wants to use Steam/Facebook/Skype/Teamspeak/Ventrilo 24/7. What's wrong with a simple in-game system to meet up and talk with people to organize a game? It also acted as a central in-game location for clans - flat out, it was just a more social system. It's pretty ironic actually, considering how cozy they are with Facebook.

Custom maps - yes, their system is great if you are ONLY interested in playing the most popular maps. I *really* miss finding the small gems that were overlooked because they were too complex or off the beaten path. Even when I find them now - it's impossible to get a full game cause it's 20 pages down the list.

I don't know - I wish they would give you an option. People who need their hands held to avoid scary Internet "abuse" could use the current system. People who are interested in a little variety and interaction could go with the classic system. Win/win, IMO.

Its more like driving a cup holder and telling yourself its a Lamborghini.

HAH! Sigged.

I regret it, I didn't like SCI much and I thought it would be different. Its exactly the same with better graphics. Ill probably get back to it someday, but not before I am done with DOWII

Wha? Single player's worth $30, custom games are worth $30 or 40, great cutscenes, pristine replays...

How is SC1 the same? Most of those missions were "Kill enemy base." And did it have FPS capability? DOTA clones and RPGs?

I don't regret it, I still play it all the time. bnet2 is a crock of shit though, fuck you Blizzard.

Wha? Single player's worth $30, custom games are worth $30 or 40, great cutscenes, pristine replays...

How is SC1 the same? Most of those missions were "Kill enemy base." And did it have FPS capability? DOTA clones and RPGs?

SC1 had plenty of Custom RPG maps for it. It's what kept me going back for more.

SC1 had plenty of Custom RPG maps for it. It's what kept me going back for more.

Yea but it wasn't nearly as powerful as the SC2 custom maps. The only thing that sucks is the stupid bnet 2.0 custom game system.

And although WC3's custom map system is technically not as powerful as SC2's... it was much easier to use and lent itself to RPG type games much more naturally so there were in general more of them.

I regret it. It's just a prettier version of SC1, offers nothing new in terms of gameplay or story development. Matchmaking is crap and there is no community, just whiners on the Bnet forums complaining about balance issues. Overall the experience is mediocre.

it's depressing that I'm more interested in going back to wow for cataclysm than playing sc2 and I used to be addicted to sc1/broodwar

I put about 30 hours into the single player campaign (went back for achievements) and singled player computer melees. Then probably another 20 hours playing multiplayer with friends (usually versus computer). I don't play any more, but 50 hours for a $50 game (got a little discount) isn't a bad ratio.

Before this game came out, I swore I would be playing this every day until Diablo III came out. Uninstalled it just recently after couple hundred games on multi. Same tactics and counters used by everyone.Good analogy would be like if they released a brand spanking new engine for WoW original with crysis like graphics and tweaked pve/pvp mechanics. The novelty would wear off after a short period of time realizing you can't capture the first time experience.

Back