• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any musicians here???

Lyquist

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
3,368
I just wanted to post and say that I've bought two very cool things in the last week.

1) m-audio studiophile LX4 2.1 monitor system

2) Mackie 1642VLZ Pro mixing board

They are both in the mail and should be here tuesday. I'll be glad to be rid of these Klipsch 2.1's for monitoring. I've also already outgrown my behringer mixing board. It only has 6 mic preamps and the 1642 I bought has ten:)

I forgot to mention, but I also bought a m-audio delta 44 soundcard. Now I'll have three soundcards in my machine:) Giving me ten analog channels at one time. I'm really psyched at all this.

What have you guys bought recently???

Lyquist
 
I do sound design on occasion when I am not doing lighting stuff (for theatre). I own a behringer ub2442fx and love it. It is basicly the board as the 1642 (which is another board i love, next to the 24-4-2 VLZ). If i end up making another large sound purchase it will most likely be an onyx board with firewire. I would like to know your opinion on that card. It has XLR in correct?
 
Are you talking about the Delta 44 I bought?? If so, it does not have XLR in. It has balanced 1/4" connections.

Lyquist
 
I've been using a Presonus Firepod for a while, very happy with it. Great sound, portable and allowed me to ditch the mixer on a lot of projects, thanx to the onbaord preamp faders.

Recently just go a Behringer BCR2000 Midi Rotary Controller. A lot of features for the price. It's a lot easier to fiddle with real knobs than it is mousing around the screen.

You may have seen the video of it doing a midi programmed disco routine...
 
I played trombone for about 13 years until I finished college. One of my last semesters I took Intro to Piano and I really enjoyed it, so now I'm trying to learn Piano. I have a Kawai MP4 and am about to get some studio monitors for it. I'm hearing some distortion problems through the headphones so I need to see if it's just the headphone port with the trouble while it's still under warranty. I fool around with FruityLoops Pro every now and then but I haven't really gotten serious into recording some of my own stuff yet.
 
I'll try and post pictures of my new speakers tomorrow. I'm looking forward to moving up to real studio monitors.

Lyquist
 
Back
Top