Any good games with offline bots?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Niner21, May 9, 2019.

1. Niner21

Niner21 [H]Lite

I am getting too old to play online MP anymore and enjoy playing games against bots. I like the COD series so I have those. I have Doom 2016 also. So I was wondering if there are any other FPS out there that allows you to play with bots offline. I Google this occasionally, but was wondering if I was missing anything. I like the Warhammer 40k series occasionally in skirmish mode so I'm open to other games other than just FPS.

2. Denpepe

Denpepe Gawd

Quake 3 arena
    Unreal tournament also had some but both those games I mentioned are pretty old
    The new star wars battlefront 2 also has some iirc

DrezKill likes this.
  3. God_Of_Death

God_Of_Death Gawd

I still have lots of fun with Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

I set it up with 20 or so bots on each side.

DrezKill and Armenius like this.
  4. Niner21

Niner21 [H]Lite

I failed to mention I'm pretty old school so Quake 3 and UT were some of my first multiplayer games. I'll have to look at Enemy territory.

DrezKill likes this.
  5. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Enemy Territory was originally a multiplayer game based on Return to Castle Wolfenstein, so if you want to go even more old school you can go for that. I'm not sure if the original had bots, though. There is a community supported and updated version called ET: Legacy (https://www.etlegacy.com). The original Enemy Territory is free, to boot. Quake Wars is a more modern version that I think is better in every way, though. Forgive me if I speak blasphemy

alxlwson likes this.
  6. Meeho

Meeho [H]ardness Supreme

Unreal Tournament has some seriously tough bots that are also tweakable. After playing against each other at LANs, we would always start a couple of rounds vs advanced bots and end up playing for hours.

Armenius, Krenum and DrezKill like this.
  7. -=SOF=-WID99

-=SOF=-WID99 Limp Gawd

i remember having fun years ago with Urban Terror ..you'll need quake 3 i think still dunno if its still around ..try here https://www.urbanterror.info/home/

you used to be able to add bots as far as i can remember ...but the bots were never as good as unreal tournament

also try far cry 5 ..it has an arcade mode ya can play custom maps on as Single player ..and many maps yea have bad guys that ya gotta kill..some maps do indeed suck .. but i found quite a few that are quite fun and challenging

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  8. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Yeah, you haven't lived until you have faced Tamerlane on Godlike difficulty.

Meeho and Armenius like this.
  9. Niner21

Niner21 [H]Lite

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

10. wolfofone

wolfofone Gawd

Turok Rage Wars. Not sure if they brought that one to Steam or not know.