Any 4k 27" High Refresh Glossy Monitor?

Panel

Gawd
The only option I see in this regard is the Dough Spectrum, but that's the same company that used to be EVE and they've got a horrible reputation.

I'd be glad with literally any other option.

I also searched but there is nothing out there. Don't order from Dough; they delay shipping past your credit card return chargeback window and keep your money. That's literally their method of operation.

I went with this:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/innocn/27m2v

Although I may have got an updated version, as mine doesn't have an "aggressive matte" like Rtings states. Mine has a nice semi-gloss and it's my favorite monitor now. Here you can see it next to the G8 which has terrible AR film:

Attachments

• 20230614_072918.jpg
    20230614_072918.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 0
I also searched but there is nothing out there. Don't order from Dough; they delay shipping past your credit card return chargeback window and keep your money. That's literally their method of operation.

I went with this:

Although I may have got an updated version, as mine doesn't have an "aggressive matte" like Rtings states. Mine has a nice semi-gloss and it's my favorite monitor now. Here you can see it next to the G8 which has terrible AR film:
So, I've definitely got to say that you calling it your favorite monitor is high praise indeed. I'm a little skeptical about the fact that it's a random brand, and about it being semi-gloss instead of full glossy. I'm curious, how much matte-er (is that a word) is it than a like a C2 or something similar?

Also, is that the 240Hz Neo G8? If so, man that thing was disappointing. It kills me that the dual-4K 240Hz model that's supposed to come out later this year will likely have the same awful coating.

Ya I never heard of this iNNOCN Chinese brand before I saw the RTings review praising it. But then again basically every monitor is made in China anyway... Ya it's definitely not full glossy, but doesn't have that bad matte sparkle that a lot of monitors have. This has a very similar film to the PG32UQX. Not as glossy as a C2.

Yes 240 Hz G8 next to it. I sold the G8, has too many flaws.

So, I've definitely got to say that you calling it your favorite monitor is high praise indeed. I'm a little skeptical about the fact that it's a random brand, and about it being semi-gloss instead of full glossy. I'm curious, how much matte-er (is that a word) is it than a like a C2 or something similar?

Also, is that the 240Hz Neo G8? If so, man that thing was disappointing. It kills me that the dual-4K 240Hz model that's supposed to come out later this year will likely have the same awful coating.

That's what's sad, some random Chinese brand comes out of nowhere and can make a better product than all the big name manufacturers like Samsung, Asus, Acer, etc. (AND they do so at a much lower price). I have the 32 inch version of the InnoCN and I would agree that this thing has been the best display I've ever used. My LG CX is now just used as a TV and my Acer X27 is just sitting in my closet as a backup display.

No big manufacturer in their right mind would make a glossy monitor due to extremely poor reflection/glare handling. Unlike TVs, monitors are mostly used under bright environments and matte coatings are more ideal to combat reflections and diffuse ambient lighting. Under ideal conditions (controlled lighting/dark rooms) both glossy and matte look pretty much identical:

vmVZGd8.jpeg

The Odyssey Neo G8 is 4k/240hz 32" and has very decent local dimming with over 1000 zones: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/odyssey-neo-g8-s32bg85

Last edited:
"Under ideal conditions (controlled lighting/dark rooms) both glossy and matte look pretty much identical". Not true. From someone who've tried both glossy and matte monitors in ideal conditions, the glossy ones are always distinguishable from the matte ones. Even your Pic above proves it. The C2 Pic is clearer than asus. And I assure you the difference is even more noticeable in person. Black looks about the same but everything else is clearer on the C2. But I do agree with your assessment about big manufacturers don't/won't offer glossy screens in none oled panels.

Reactions: isp
like this
Black levels look the same, that's the point. Some people argue that matte coating makes OLED have LCD tier blacks (lol). And I doubt most people would notice any appreciable differences if they weren't side to side, so it's still down to preference/use case.

That's what's sad, some random Chinese brand comes out of nowhere and can make a better product than all the big name manufacturers like Samsung, Asus, Acer, etc. (AND they do so at a much lower price). I have the 32 inch version of the InnoCN and I would agree that this thing has been the best display I've ever used. My LG CX is now just used as a TV and my Acer X27 is just sitting in my closet as a backup display.
That really does sound impressive. I was looking at the rtings page and I noticed that they only have < 20 Hz listed as the VRR minimum. I was wondering if either you or Vega had tested this and could tell me what the actual minimum is. 20 sounds great, but I want something as low as reasonably possible since 48 Hz on the last VRR monitor I tried was pretty awful.

How reliable are these Chinese ones compare to mainstream brands we usually buy?
I've seen Little Snowman reviewing them on YouTube, seem functioning okay if they were done good out of factory and you don't plan on upgrading Firmwares on them.

That really does sound impressive. I was looking at the rtings page and I noticed that they only have < 20 Hz listed as the VRR minimum. I was wondering if either you or Vega had tested this and could tell me what the actual minimum is. 20 sounds great, but I want something as low as reasonably possible since 48 Hz on the last VRR monitor I tried was pretty awful.

What is the best way to test this?

How reliable are these Chinese ones compare to mainstream brands we usually buy?
I've seen Little Snowman reviewing them on YouTube, seem functioning okay if they were done good out of factory and you don't plan on upgrading Firmwares on them.

Reliability remains to be seen. I bought mine back in Feb of this year so it's been 4 months so far and I haven't had any issues but 4 months is not long at all. Would need to own and use it for a few years to see how it actually holds up.

It’s a shame about the 60hz input latency of that Innoc since it looks really good otherwise.

I went with this:

Many years ago I bought my first glossy monitor based on a recommendation from this forum.
Today, due to lack of options out there, I bought this one based on your comment (and some research of my own). I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday.

Such a shame that glossy monitors never really took off the way I expected them to. Companies LOVE copying everything apple does EXCEPT for the glossy coating on their monitors. It's wild.

Last edited:

I went with this:

Seems to have the same coating as the pictures in the Rtings review

https://i.rtings.com/assets/products/PIMxASKe/innocn-27m2v/build-quality-large.jpg

It is obvious matte but glad it seems to be a good matte (they do exist, like my Acer X27 and as it seems this monitor).

27m2v is my favorite monitor too....$699 no name chynahh monitor blows all the big players away. Reminds me of the catleap days except better lol

Back