Antec, you freaking rule!!!!!

IceWindus

n00b
Wow, I have to say that NO OTHER company besides Dell has EVER gone out of their way to please customers like Antec has. They have shipped me panels, covers and even USB ports free of charge without asking questions!!!

Well get this, Last week I was having a LAN party and I was *kinda* drunk and I slipped and fell on my USB joystick that was plugged into the front ports of my P180. Well....200 pounds of me going down on the floor pulling on a cord is gonna break SOMETHING and my front P180 jack snapped in half, rendering it completely useless.

Well, its been total suckage without having front USB panels, so thinking *MABYE* Antec might help me out again, I figured it was worth a shot and here are the emails after I called customer support

Dear Antec Rep,

Thank you for speaking with me in regards to my "accident" with my Antec P180 case. As you may recall, I was the gentlemen that asked if it was possible to get front USB panel replacment set after I broke the orginal by falling on a USB joystick and pulling it down resulting in cracking the USB panel.. Here is my order information from Zipzoomfly. I hope you can do something but if not, I understand and will take it as a hard lesson learned. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Bryce Livingston

ORDER NO: Z2756720
ORDER DATE: Tue,14 Jun 2005 22:46:41 PDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ext. Price

140118 Antec Performance One P180 Advanced Super Mid Tower Case Retail $139.99
Sales Tax: $0.00

Hello Bryce,

Thank you for the information. I would be glad to ship you a replacement front usb connector *free of charge*. This is the address you would like the item shipped, correct?

*edited out*

Thank you for choosing Antec...

Jonathan Moos
[email protected]

Wow.....I mean wow!!! THIS is the reason I have chosen Antec as my case company of choice, not only for their kick ass products, but the level of quality and service they give their customers that SO MANY corporations don't do nowadays! Thanks Antec! You will always been getting my dollar for my future projects!!

Thats awesome of them to replace something thats not their fault. I swear by Antec cases, well built, well engineered and all for a decent price.

Truly impressive. Especially considering you told them straight out what actually happened.

Hmm...I'm going to have to pay more attention when I'm "kinda" drunk ;).

Antec has been incredibly super with their Service since they released the P180 i've noticed.

This is a good sign.

they sent me a free 120mm replacement fan and rubber garmets for my sonata without even proof of purchase

Hmm... *makes note to buy from antec in the future*

I recently had a similar experiance with Thermaltake. Bought my case from my freinds store, case only, no screws or drive rails or anything. I emailed Tt and they shipped me everything I needed, free of charge.

Good customer support makes me warm and fuzzy all over... :)

Good story, I swear by Antec cases too. Anytime I do a build for work, family, friends etc it's always inside an Antec case. Quality parts (including PSU's), decent prices, and clearly some rocking support.

They did replace a seized fan for me earlier this year, no questions asked and free shipping. Got to love that.

I don't use antec anymore, but I still have an antec case. I have a front panel with a lock and it came with keys. I think I was at a LAN and lost them there. When I got home I wanted to fix something in the computer then I realized I couldn't find my key. I wrote to Antec later that day, they sent me the keys free of charge. :D :cool:

You can't beat customer support like that. I love my Antec 3700BQE. Plan to upgrade to a black P180 later this year.

skudmunky said:
Hmm... *makes note to buy from antec in the future*

I recently had a similar experiance with Thermaltake. Bought my case from my freinds store, case only, no screws or drive rails or anything. I emailed Tt and they shipped me everything I needed, free of charge.

Good customer support makes me warm and fuzzy all over... :)

Thank you! +1 for us...

And +1 for Antec =)

I had my fan bracket in the PSU chamber break. I emailed Antec and they not only sent me the fan bracket but another 120x38mm fan (even though I specifically stated I dont want/need the fan just the bracket). I didn't have to go through any run around, or anything, just give them my address and they shipped it to me free of charge.

If Tt Rep reads this, service like this is a VERY good thing. I know that I will definitely recommend Antec to my friends (and Tt based on the above poster with similar experience). Exemplary customer service like this wins continued customers and free advertising by word of mouth, it really does make a difference.

Tt Tech said:
Thank you! +1 for us...

And +1 for Antec =)
Wooohoo... now that's some customer support there to... He goes out of his way to compliment Antec :cool:

Imo, both of these companies are VERY good... Now I just wish I could afford one... After I spent all my money on the insides, I have no money for a decent case and I get very jealous of my friends with Tts, especially since I recommended the cases to them and they always rub it in my face :( ...But atleast I got a Pure Power 480 sitting in this thing :cool:

AMD has some really good support too :) It's really nice to see companies go out of there way to support the enthusiasts websites like [H].. It's things like that that make me want to try their product.

Wow. Antec wasn't like that when I ask if it was possible to get a replace USB port for my old Lanboy, I didn't expect them to give it to free but I had to pass when I was told it would cost me $15 for a 2 port USB panel. :(

CrimandEvil said:
Wow. Antec wasn't like that when I ask if it was possible to get a replace USB port for my old Lanboy, I didn't expect them to give it to free but I had to pass when I was told it would cost me $15 for a 2 port USB panel. :(

Try again, you probably just got a lady during PMS or a guy who didn't have his booty call answered in awhile.

When my ASUS A8N SLI NF4 fan started to do it's loud sound thing I called RMA and got a new one for free... NICE.
So when my case ran into a problem I though I would try to get the RMA guys involved, I had the same support from Coolermaster with my stacker. I was putting the HDD cage back in and snapped the plastic side holder. I wasn't able to find the box that had all the spare ones in it, so I called RMA to ask for a bag of replacement plastic things, they sent me a brand new HDD cage.

I found the plastic things a week later.

Got to love good service.

I lost the case feet for my 3700BQE, asked if they had replacements, and they shipped em out to me free :)

damn, i'm impressed w/ these guys. i give them 5 stars for customer service.

my left hand cover 3 of the latches broke off and i gave them a call just 5 minutes ago and they will ship my replacement for free. Wow!! that simple. Great customer service, called them and i got a live person right away, no press 1 for english etc etc..

Good Job antec, you'll get my money again when you have a new case out. awesome service.

Just called them and they're going to send me a replacement right panel. Woohoo. I also tried to get one of my 120s replaced, because my friends stripped one of the screwholes while building my computer.... but they said that wasnt covered by the warranty. No biggy, but I'm curious how the mod got his USB panel replaced -_-'

faji_tama said:
Just called them and they're going to send me a replacement right panel. Woohoo. I also tried to get one of my 120s replaced, because my friends stripped one of the screwholes while building my computer.... but they said that wasnt covered by the warranty. No biggy, but I'm curious how the mod got his USB panel replaced -_-'

Cause I was honest and sincere. Amazing where that will take you. Plus, I had proof of recently purchasing it. And its not like a USB jack costs much anyway. If I had broken the entire front panel, that'd be a different story.

Woot, heres the replacement, 4 days later. Awesome, they sent me a whole new freaking panel! Antec you rule!!

replace1yf.jpg

IceWind said:
Woot, heres the replacement, 4 days later. Awesome, they sent me a whole new freaking panel! Antec you rule!!

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1036/replace1yf.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Nice, nice. I wish the front usb connectors on my motherboard worked.

skudmunky said:
Nice, nice. I wish the front usb connectors on my motherboard worked.

Do you have a Cooler Master chassis?
One of the Centurions I tested had the USB ports fried upon first use... Cooler Master wouldn't replace them for me... =(

Tt Tech said:
Do you have a Cooler Master chassis?
One of the Centurions I tested had the USB ports fried upon first use... Cooler Master wouldn't replace them for me... =(

From the looks of his sig, it seems to be a thermaltake :D

doH I need one of those. I have a crappy just pc case from frys (YES I trashed the psu).
I stepped on a usb wire and now I have a quick shutdown button ;) plug in usb, short out computer.

Are you guys calling Antec or is there an Antec rep that can be contacted via the boards here? I ordered a replacement part from the website and it has yet to ship. I don't want the part free as obviously I have already paid for it, but I would like to get it shipped as I need it ASAP. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Antec is awesome. As far as PSU's go, Id never buy any other than Antec. I have a thermaltake case but its based on the Antec style. Ive never been drunk to break something, but if something does go, I know Im in good hands. :D

So was a condition of your free stuff that you make a thread on a large hardware forum to drum up Antec sales? :)

Back