Antec Kuhler 920 four fans?

The adapters are just going to act as a bottleneck I think. I don't see a need to run any more than two fans on these things. If you are looking for better cooling, just get a custom loop.

Any other thoughts?

Due to the thick fins, you want high static pressure fans. You want them right up against the rad. These new radiators aren't the old days of heater cores and fan shrouds.

I imagine you will gain absolutely nothing by going this route... possibly worse temps.

Probably worse temps, definitely no increase in performance. Just get high static pressure + high rpm fans (if you do not care about noise), or build a custom loop with bigger rads if you want to spend the coin.

From what I have seen adapters often make it worse, using a 140mm fan with a 120mm adapter you tend to make allot of turbulence with the bottleneck and many times get worse airflow than a 120mm fan. Stacking them in this case I do not see doing any good, you would be better off investing into a set of good 120mm fans, like the GT line or if you do not care about noise and go all out and get a 38mm high powered Delta or NMB, I would be willing to bet a single proper 38mm fan will do far better than this kind of setup, hell even GT fans will do far better than this kind of setup with normal fans, it will probably cost the same or less also, adapters are 10 bucks, cheapest fans you can get are going to be around 8 bucks, so 42 bucks for this setup or 30-34 for 2 GT fans.

Due to the thick fins, you want high static pressure fans. You want them right up against the rad. These new radiators aren't the old days of heater cores and fan shrouds.

I imagine you will gain absolutely nothing by going this route... possibly worse temps.

Whats wrong when using fan shrouds? Have you seen the large spots with no dust around the rad from the fan motor and frame? Those are wasted spots of dead air that a shroud can help with.

Generally, pressure is additive. This will net more flow over your radiator's fins.

Bernoulli's principle states:
P + .5pv^2 = P0

Where:

P = Static Pressure
p = Fluid Density
v = Velocity (of flow)
P0 = Total flow

The performance gain would probably be rather small though.

A much better bet would be buy an MCR QP 120 and an MCR QP 120 Stack and run it with three 120mm fans. It would consume approximately the same amount of cubic space, but give you a significant increase in surface area.

Last edited:
Get rid of the 120mm fans and just use the 140mm fans and adapters. This will be the best, as you will add some distance between the rad and the fans so there is no 'dead spot' under the fan's motor.

>>>>140MM FAN>>>ADAPTER>>>>>RAD>>>ADAPTER>>>>>>140MM FAN

Get rid of the 120mm fans and just use the 140mm fans and adapters. This will be the best, as you will add some distance between the rad and the fans so there is no 'dead spot' under the fan's motor.

>>>>140MM FAN>>>ADAPTER>>>>>RAD>>>ADAPTER>>>>>>140MM FAN

Oh, thats what I get for not reading the op properly. Yeah, I agree with you.

Back