Another "which chair" thread

GJSNeptune

[H]F Junkie
I really need a new chair. I'm still using the chair my dad got me before I went off to college in 2002. I still prefer armless because I play guitar, but I suppose I'm open to armrests if the chair is worth it, although I never find myself wishing I had armrests. I rest my arms on my desk and don't use a keyboard tray.

No executive chairs. Way too big and cumbersome.

I'm aiming for under $100 shipped/with tax. Probably slim pickin's though.

http://www.target.com/Sympal-Fabric...ction_name-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1 ($65)
http://www.amazon.com/5901AB12T-Com...UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1282759442&sr=1-15 (a little over budget though)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
IMHO I would not buy a chair I plan to sit in for less then 150ish.. From someone who has owned several & had a desk job for the better part of my adult life a chair is something that I refuse to skimp on as you end up spending just toooooo much time in them to deal with a low end or uncomfortable chair..

this is the chair I have, but its long discontinued, But its way comfy..

Normally I'd never buy a chair without sitting in it but I never bought one without arms. :)

For me there's way too many variables in seating comfort to make a strictly visual internet purchase.

Go poke around CSN Chairs and see if anything suits your fancy.

Many chairs have removeable arms.

True, but B&Ms have crazy markup and then sales tax. I know I should spend a lot on a chair, but I can't right now, and just about any chair is better than the chair I have now anyway.

True, but B&Ms have crazy markup and then sales tax.
I went a found a chair I liked and searched the internet for the best price. Just flip the chair over or look at the tags to get all the info.

In the end, the B&M store was $5.00 cheaper than purchasing over the internet for this chair.

BTW, in case you didn't look, the link in my first post has all the chairs for under $100.00.

Back