Another Ubisoft game, another corrupted save file

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
Some of you may recall my many mentions of the 'closed door' save-corrupting glitch in Far Cry 2 that stung me in both the PC and Xbox 360 versions. I also had a problem with Splinter Cell Conviction on PC randomly deciding to stop accepting keyboard inputs during Deniable Ops missions, which I could not find a fix for at all.

So I bought AC Revelations for $5 during the Steam Sale. 10 hours in, after synchronising with the second-last viewpoint in the game, I decided to open up the in-game map. The game then decided to freeze on me and after 10 minutes of waiting, I then tried alt-tabbing and couldn't get out of the game. I had to hit the reset button on the PC. I load the game up again, try to load up the save file, the same thing happens. I tried googling for possible solutions. There are no such things, only posts from other people complaining about save file corruptions in not only Revelations, but also in Assassin's Creed III, and not just on PC.

This is why I never spend more than $5 on Ubisoft games. They are badly made and are never fixed.

Never encountered corrupted saves on Ubi games but I can imagine how irritating that would be given my experiences with GAFWL.

If its any consolation ACR is a pretty shitty cash in from Ubi which has admitted that it is milking the IP for all its worth. It doesn't really add anything to the overall narrative and you can save yourself a heap of time by simply watching the ending on youtube.

sounds like your pc might be having a problem.. if multiple games are having multiple problems, its hard to not think you've got something else going on.

i've played all those games on your list (and even more) and i can't tell you the last time i had a freeze or crash.

i don't even know where to tell you to start trouble shooting, but it obviously seems like a HDD problem - the freezing sounds like the game is trying to access the HDD to and getting failures.

sounds like your pc might be having a problem.. if multiple games are having multiple problems, its hard to not think you've got something else going on.

i've played all those games on your list (and even more) and i can't tell you the last time i had a freeze or crash.

i don't even know where to tell you to start trouble shooting, but it obviously seems like a HDD problem - the freezing sounds like the game is trying to access the HDD to and getting failures.

I don't have any problems with any other games doing this...only Ubishit games.

I have had issues with Blood Dragon, it simply won't save. So I start from the beginning everytime I boot it up. Good times. Also the reason why I will never pay for a ubisoft game. I got the ones I have free with my 7950 and had to struggle just to get the damn things off of the ubishop stroe which is the BIGGEST pos online service I have used.

In short, ubisoft can eat a bowl of penis shaped cereal.

Never had a problem here, and I've played quite a Ubi/Uplay games (Entire AC franchise, trials, from dust, entire splinter cell franchise all come to mind)

Maybe I'm just lucky... or maybe you're unlucky. I've heard a lot more complaints about GFWL and corrupt saves than I have ubisoft.

Some of you may recall my many mentions of the 'closed door' save-corrupting glitch in Far Cry 2 that stung me in both the PC and Xbox 360 versions. I also had a problem with Splinter Cell Conviction on PC randomly deciding to stop accepting keyboard inputs during Deniable Ops missions, which I could not find a fix for at all.

So I bought AC Revelations for $5 during the Steam Sale. 10 hours in, after synchronising with the second-last viewpoint in the game, I decided to open up the in-game map. The game then decided to freeze on me and after 10 minutes of waiting, I then tried alt-tabbing and couldn't get out of the game. I had to hit the reset button on the PC. I load the game up again, try to load up the save file, the same thing happens. I tried googling for possible solutions. There are no such things, only posts from other people complaining about save file corruptions in not only Revelations, but also in Assassin's Creed III, and not just on PC.

This is why I never spend more than $5 on Ubisoft games. They are badly made and are never fixed.

What do you mean you tried loading up the save file and the same thing happens? Does your entire PC lockup, or can you enter the game, only to have it freeze when you access the in game map?

As a last resort, have you tried backing up your save file and uninstalling and reinstalling the game? I had a similar problem with AC2; the game would always crash after loading a save file right before entering the first tomb. At first, I thought it was a corrupt save file; I even replayed my progress up until the same point, only to have it crash again. Uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick for me.

The only other Ubisoft game I had save game problems was HAWX2, my save games appeared to be missing, but after restarting the game they showed up again.

I don't have any problems with any other games doing this...only Ubishit games.

Eh, you probably didn't play Hitman Absolution (IO interactive, Square Enix) then. That game is basically unplayable because you never know when your save game will crap out. The issue has never been patched and occurs on Xbox as well as PC.

considering ubisoft is just the publisher.....

but PEBCAK this one..

Ubisoft is the developer as well. Actually, Ubisoft Montreal was the developer for all those games.

Maybe know your facts first before failing at your troll attempt.

Eh, you probably didn't play Hitman Absolution (IO interactive, Square Enix) then. That game is basically unplayable because you never know when your save game will crap out. The issue has never been patched and occurs on Xbox as well as PC.

I have played that game on PC. I didn't have any savefile issues, luckily. The game, however, was incredibly shit.

What do you mean you tried loading up the save file and the same thing happens? Does your entire PC lockup, or can you enter the game, only to have it freeze when you access the in game map?

As a last resort, have you tried backing up your save file and uninstalling and reinstalling the game? I had a similar problem with AC2; the game would always crash after loading a save file right before entering the first tomb. At first, I thought it was a corrupt save file; I even replayed my progress up until the same point, only to have it crash again. Uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick for me.

The only other Ubisoft game I had save game problems was HAWX2, my save games appeared to be missing, but after restarting the game they showed up again.

It locks up when trying to load the savefile. I've deleted the game and can't be fucked redownloading it again. Ubishit just won't get any more of my money from now on.

Last edited:
Uplay would not launch one day so I decided to re install it. well Ubisoft puts the game saves for Far Cry 3 in the damn Uplay launcher of all places so if you delete it you are shit out of luck.

Uplay would not launch one day so I decided to re install it. well Ubisoft puts the game saves for Far Cry 3 in the damn Uplay launcher of all places so if you delete it you are shit out of luck.

Yeah that's a horrible place to put saves, I thought they had gotten away from that because AC2 did that but ACB put it in C:\Users\[user]\Saved Games\ . Far Cry 3 is newer than ACB so it sounds like they went back to that, ugh.

Steam stores saves in it's own folder but you never have to reinstall since Steam is designed to rebuild itself if you delete some of the files. I'm also more likely to uninstall the Ubisoft Game launcher after finishing a game since I don't play many games that require it.

I would really like to see developers agree on a location to store saved games so I wouldn't have to hunt them down to back them up. I also wish they would stop tying game saves to another file tucked away somewhere else, GFWL is the worst about this but I seem to remember having issues because of Uplay or Origin doing the same thing.

Back