Another 2k Humble Bundle

Too bad its is pretty much a rehash of old packs (already have most), but spec ops the line is a great one, and of course Civ 5 is a classic.

Bought it. Bloodborn already intrigued me but wasn't willing to pay anything more than a 20. For 15 I bit. Only want to play the missions. No interest in MP.

Bought it. Bloodborn already intrigued me but wasn't willing to pay anything more than a 20. For 15 I bit. Only want to play the missions. No interest in MP.

I wonder how Battleborn would have fared if they hadn't launched alongside Overwatch.

I'm down for $1 for Spec Ops, haven't tried it yet.

But almost $9 for the average already? Never seen it that high, so quickly o_O

I hate how Steam won't let you keep multiple copies of the same game. I'm interested in some of these, but I own several already too. If I buy this, I'm basically paying double for the ones I want. I get that's it's a humble bundle and it's already cheap as dirt, but it holds up for other Steam sales too. Such a ripoff. Let me at least gift the new one I bought to a friend or something. Ridiculous.

So I went in for $15 cos I didn't have The Darkness II, Spec Ops, or Battleborn and wanted to give Civ 5 to the SO, and the NBA game to my son... and I played Battleborn last night. I have one question: why does Gearbox always deny you the ability to skip anything such as cutscenes? The intro (before the Heavy Metal style animated sequence) was stupid, but I had to sit through it. Then I finished the mission, and another unskippable cutscene. The game play is fun in its own ways, but I don't find their humor all that fantastic and I hate that being force fed to me.

I hate how Steam won't let you keep multiple copies of the same game. I'm interested in some of these, but I own several already too. If I buy this, I'm basically paying double for the ones I want. I get that's it's a humble bundle and it's already cheap as dirt, but it holds up for other Steam sales too. Such a ripoff. Let me at least gift the new one I bought to a friend or something. Ridiculous.

You can give away your unwanted keys here in the Free section. Might make a few new friends. ;) Might find some keys for a game that you never knew you wanted before. ;)

You can give away your unwanted keys here in the Free section. Might make a few new friends. ;) Might find some keys for a game that you never knew you wanted before. ;)

No, that's what I'm saying. They won't give you another key if you already have one. I would love to give them away, but they just straight up take your money and don't give you what you purchased.

Not a bad package. I am sure they will throw in Borderlands 2 which I got dozens of hours of enjoyment out of.

The best packages are these subscriptions ones which I find observed. I will NEVER sign on to a subscription for monthly Humble Bundles.

No, that's what I'm saying. They won't give you another key if you already have one. I would love to give them away, but they just straight up take your money and don't give you what you purchased.

So this is one of those bundles where there is a master key and if you own X,Y, and Z then you can't gift it because it disappeared when you added the bundle to your Steam account? If so I hate those types!

So this is one of those bundles where there is a master key and if you own X,Y, and Z then you can't gift it because it disappeared when you added the bundle to your Steam account? If so I hate those types!

I only did the $1 tier, but it was 3 separate keys.

Actually, I can't say for this bundle specifically, but this has been my experience in the past. If they're all on Steam though, I don't see why it would be any different.

What is the issue. You can gift individual game keys to a friend in two ways. Either send them the key or send them a gift link. You don't need anything from steam.

There have been VERY few (I can't think of any in recent memory) Humble Bundles where you don't get separate Steam keys for each game in the bundle.

Some other sites it can be different, but even then not usually. As for Steam itself, they now have implemented a system where if you already have some games in a bundle your price will be discounted accordingly.

As others above me said, it's for charity. Gift your extra keys to friends, or forum members, or family members... Hell, often times I'll buy two or three whole bundles and give them away just for the good karma. :)

Sounds like a last-ditch effort to get some people to pay for Battleborn, before they surrender and make it free to play. That's a helluva price drop for a game that released at an unfathomable 60 bucks.

Civ 5 has been in so many fucking deals, you have to be DEAD to NOT have happened upon a key by now.
My fucking 2500k purchase came with a free copy, and that was in 2011 :D

Last edited:
Civ 5 has been in so many fucking deals, you have to be DEAD to NOT have happened upon a key by now. My fucking 2500k purchase came with a free copy, and that was in 2011 :D

lol you just reminded me how I got my copy. I was never even a Civ fan. Holy fuck it's been 5 years already?! :sick:

I take it that Battleborn is MP only so they need a big player base.

I don't know how much Titanfall is played but EA did everything BUT give it away and I take that as a sign that it was not popular as they needed it to be.

But the question is, is Battleborn any good? I have seen comparisons to Overwatch which seems to be pretty popular (either that or it sold well just because it is Blizzard) however reviews when it came out were very mixed.

I take it that Battleborn is MP only so they need a big player base.

I don't know how much Titanfall is played but EA did everything BUT give it away and I take that as a sign that it was not popular as they needed it to be.

But the question is, is Battleborn any good? I have seen comparisons to Overwatch which seems to be pretty popular (either that or it sold well just because it is Blizzard) however reviews when it came out were very mixed.

I played both during the Beta.

I didn't think either game was worth the launch price. But Overwatch was a much more interesting game.

Battleborn coop is like playing a mission on Borderlands, except without the outlandish characters and awesome loot. BORING.

Battleborn versus is just fighting NPCs against another team. I can do that perfectly well offline, thank you.

The purchasers agree, as the game has dropped form a peak of ~25000 players to under 2000.

Overwatch was maybe worth $30 to me, assuming I had time to play. Battleborn I thought was worth 10 bucks on launch day. I won't even pay a dollar for it now.

Anyone think NBA 2k16 is worth $9? I have everything else in the bundle besides Civ V and Battleborn (which I have zero interest in). The last 2K game I played was NBA 2K9, which I thought was decent.

How is Mafia 2? Does it play well on Windows 10?

I'm not sure how it runs on Windows 10... But I absolutely LOVED Mafia 2. You have to be into a pretty linear game to like it though. Considering the game has an open world feel to it... There's really not much to do besides follow along the main story.

Last edited:
I like nba2k16 but I just got it a few weeks ago on the PS4 - it was free for the PSN users

Back