Ammo Specifically For Shooting Down Drones

Pretty sure discharging a firearm near homes is probably illegal. As long as it's not flying near my house, I'm fine with it. People with these drones should fly them in parks or something instead. I hope that's not illegal though.

I would like to sell a high velocity paintball gun where the paintballs had a more viscous substance inside of them to gum up the rotors and stuff. Make the viscous material biodegradable as well since you would probably miss quite a bit. Build a tracking device using a standard webcam and microphone.

Keep them out of private property, unless authorized. Should be the rule.
If the drone is trespassing, then firing a weapon at them is fine if your in a rural area like mine, but shooting at a drone in a suburban/city area, well that's public endangerment i would think.
Respect peoples property and privacy seems almost too simple to me.
Example: A friend of mine with a drone asked if i wanted a "cool aerial picture of my property?" I said, no, do you want to see this sweet pic of your wife in the shower? :D
We don't talk much anymore.

Wow, this appears to be standard steel shot in a fancy box. 3" high brass, but standard run of the mill shotgun shells.

It's the same gimmick as Hornady's "Zombie" ammo. It's just their Critical Defense ammo with a green tip instead of red... you know, cause Zombies.

That being said... a 3" high brass shell belching out steel shot would ruin a drone pretty quick.

You know, I'm tempted to stick a gopro on my pulse jet and fly that up and down a beach. See what irritates people more, the drones or something 100x louder and to fast for normal people to shoot down.

You are aware that you aren't supposed to fly such things near people right? Hopefully you'll at least feel bad when your pulse jet kills some kids playing on the beach.

Keep them out of private property, unless authorized. Should be the rule.
If the drone is trespassing, then firing a weapon at them is fine if your in a rural area like mine, but shooting at a drone in a suburban/city area, well that's public endangerment i would think.
Respect peoples property and privacy seems almost too simple to me.
Example: A friend of mine with a drone asked if i wanted a "cool aerial picture of my property?" I said, no, do you want to see this sweet pic of your wife in the shower? :D
We don't talk much anymore.

you do not own the airspace other wise we would have a mess of people trying to keep other aircraft from overflying

CA is just about finished with their new laws for drones. No flying over private property. No flying higher than 375 feet. Moon Beam and his cronies have it all under control.

CA is just about finished with their new laws for drones. No flying over private property. No flying higher than 375 feet. Moon Beam and his cronies have it all under control.

to bad that they cant make laws like that... the FAA has control over ALL US airspace

you do not own the airspace other wise we would have a mess of people trying to keep other aircraft from overflying

Just fly one over my property... we will see who owns what :cool:
But seriously, dont be ridiculous. Class G unregulated over my property... dont be surprised if your drone does not come back to you.

How well does the ammo work on the drone operator? Or is there special ammo they sell for that as well?

Check YouTube for "mg42 shoots down drone"
Good stuff. :)

They use them at a "fancy" shooting range for target practice.

to bad that they cant make laws like that... the FAA has control over ALL US airspace

All public navigable airspace, starting at 500 ft.

Take a look at United States v. Causby; the SC found that the flight path overt Causby's farm at an altitude of 83 feet constituted a taking and he was compensated by the Government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Causby

At the same time, the law, and the Supreme Court, recognized that a landowner had property rights in the lower reaches of the airspace above their property. The law, in balancing the public interest in using the airspace for air navigation against the landowner's rights, declared that a landowner controls use of the airspace above their property in connection with their uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the underlying land. In other words, a person's real property ownership includes a reasonable amount of the private airspace above the property in order to prevent nuisance. A landowner may make any legitimate use of their property that they want, even if it interferes with aircraft overflying the land."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_rights

The more you know...

basicly you built a 500ft tower you can NOT shot at aircraft
and states can not make rules how how the airspace is used at ANY level

LOL. First of all I find it funny that so many people think they're so special that others want to spy on them. And even funnier that they then go and put their address and email on some shitty website to protect themself.

Dude who shot down drone because it was spying on his fucking inbred kids, you can find video from quad on youtube... its couple hundred feet up looking at horizon. Guy is dilusional.

there have been states and cities that tried to ban airliner over flights .... it didnt go well

bottom line is you do not own the airspace past about 50ft over the buildings you own

Citations? "It didn't go well" isn't a case anyone can look up. And the 50 ft number? From where was that derived?

LOL. First of all I find it funny that so many people think they're so special that others want to spy on them. And even funnier that they then go and put their address and email on some shitty website to protect themself.

Dude who shot down drone because it was spying on his fucking inbred kids, you can find video from quad on youtube... its couple hundred feet up looking at horizon. Guy is dilusional.

Well, bless your heart! You must be kin to him to know where his young'ns done come from.

A round expressly designed to destroy other people's property. I am SO glad I live in Canada where people aren't fucking retarded as a rule.

Hey buddy, listen up, we here in 'Merica don't listen to no pinko rules. As such, we can't be retarded cause no fucking rules. Fuck your rules, we have rights.. So If'n we're retarded, its cause that's our god given right to be retarded. Wait... can I start over?

California is in the process passing a bill that "restricts the flight of unmanned aerial vehicles under 350 feet above properties without the permission of those property owners or legal entities." That permission is "express permission", not just consent.

The government says it's okay to murder babies because of the right of privacy, so shooting down lifeless trespassing objects in the name of privacy should be a-ok.

Its kind of funny people would expect the FAA to come to their defense for behaviors as a pilot would cause them to have some serious explaining to do at a minimum or just flat lose their license.

California is in the process passing a bill that "restricts the flight of unmanned aerial vehicles under 350 feet above properties without the permission of those property owners or legal entities." That permission is "express permission", not just consent.

Look more people who are dilusional:

Jackson was inspired to propose the bill when she was vacationing in Hawaii in December and sitting on a friend’s private balcony.

“A neighbor’s drone flew right onto the balcony and was recording our conversation. It was very unsettling and so I started researching this issue,” said Jackson, a former prosecutor and the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

YES THAT TOTALLY HAPPENED! Here is a transcript of the recording: "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......"

I'm selling mine and getting out of the hobby. Too many assholes flying quads and trying to ground quads. Either by making new laws or with firearms. Actually both of those end up being by firearm don't they.?....

No skill required, no fun to really be had for me anyway.

I'm selling mine and getting out of the hobby. Too many assholes flying quads and trying to ground quads. Either by making new laws or with firearms. Actually both of those end up being by firearm don't they.?....

No skill required, no fun to really be had for me anyway.

get a single rotor heli

I dunno its not a CP heli but I imagine you're just shitty at flying and don't care to try to be better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9RWQFNqtd8

i have flown both cp single rotors are multis the multis fly like co-ax helis ZERO skill need with full stabilization

even with that off the skill level is VERY VERY low and you really cant do much with most of the them

there are few cp quads starting to show up that might be fun but parts hard to come by

i have flown both cp single rotors are multis the multis fly like co-ax helis ZERO skill need with full stabilization

even with that off the skill level is VERY VERY low and you really cant do much with most of the them

there are few cp quads starting to show up that might be fun but parts hard to come by

I mean I linked to about as much as you can do with them, its not zero skill and its also not a CP heli.

I mean I linked to about as much as you can do with them, its not zero skill and its also not a CP heli.

Although it is more than I've ever seen a coaxial or fixed pitch heli doing. Also CP Quads are pretty much dead, no one wants it. The nice things about quads is they're simple, you can smash it into the ground at 50mph and break $6 in props most of the time. 3D Quads that reverse rotation of motors are okay-ish... but its always going to take some amount of time for it to happen. Eg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPBz_6I2CQ

Back