Ammo Specifically For Shooting Down Drones

HardOCP News

[H] News
Are you prepared for the "drone apocalypse?" If not, you'd better buy yourself some drone ammo. Why? The ammo has a ferromagnetic ballistic payload....whatever the hell that means. :D

Goes well with 10,000 rnds of 5.56, a year supply a toilet paper, food that somehow lasts 25 years, and of course.. Zombie gear!!! :rolleyes:

It's probably like the Zombie Killer rounds. Does the same thing, just a cool looking box and a higher price tag.

lol my planes are wood and my helis carbon fiber lot a good magnets will do

Wow, this appears to be standard steel shot in a fancy box. 3" high brass, but standard run of the mill shotgun shells.

I'm willing to bet 100 dollars my bog-standard trap loads would obliterate a drone just fine.

Ferromagnetic materials are just easy to magnetise. Things like say, steel. That's rare.

You know what would do well?

Bird Shot.

Dick Cheney can loan you some.

A round expressly designed to destroy other people's property. I am SO glad I live in Canada where people aren't fucking retarded as a rule.

Based upon this post, I'm not so sure that's true.

Yeah, it's not.

A) We have retards by the bushel. They come from magnificent coast to beautiful coast to glorious coast. They come in all colours, creeds, and political allegiances. They speak many languages, but they are united by one thing: being idiots.

B) They have a lot of brothers all over the world, including the US of A. You know this is true.

C) We have huge numbers of firearms in this country. A little paperwork and you can have anything you want in long guns. A little more and you can have little, bitty, short ones. A lot more and you can get just about anything that doesn't explode on impact.

D) We have drones in this country and some gold plated dumbfucks were flying drones around the wildfires in BC so the service had to ground the water bombers.

E) Drones + Bird Shot = Good Times.

A round expressly designed to destroy other people's property. I am SO glad I live in Canada where people aren't fucking retarded as a rule.

*cough* Ashley Madison.
"Ashley Madison is a Canada-based online dating service and social networking service marketed to people who are married or in a committed relationship. Its slogan is "Life is short. Have an affair.""​
Just sayin'... lol (In jest, though, as I have a few Canadian friends. Take off, you hoser!)

Anyways... wouldn't it be a little better to just high-density plastic BBs instead? Reasoning... the fact you'll NO DOUBT be shooting these over a populated area, it won't rain down harmfully. While it may very well lose enough energy during flight, to the point it may not kill anyone, but we live in a world full of glass. But whatever, who am I to judge someone capitalizing on the stupidity of others? I'm sure people have thought about it, and even done it (used a shotgun on a Drone), so really all these people did was chuck a label on a box.

Wait till January, when the bird seasons are over, and pick up a box of 3" magnum - 12 gauge shells for under $10 at any store you want to. What a waste of money.

They don't really explain what makes this very different than any other shot.

I was expecting it would have some strings that fly out somehow or something so it tangles in the props.

Would also make sense if it was designed to be relatively low powered considering it's meant to be shot in city limits... is that even legal? I guess in the states it is.

They don't really explain what makes this very different than any other shot.

I was expecting it would have some strings that fly out somehow or something so it tangles in the props.

Would also make sense if it was designed to be relatively low powered considering it's meant to be shot in city limits... is that even legal? I guess in the states it is.

no its not any where in the US

on top of that destruction of property and the FAA could get involved since shooting at a "drone" is the same as any other aircraft
and then if it hits some one on the way down guess who is the one thats going to get that lawsuit

you do not own the the airspace over your home over ~100 feet or so
also its hard to tell when some thing is up high if its EVEN OVER your property line

its just a bad idea all over and its nothing that couldnt be done with a kite or balloon or any other manned aircraft

The difficult question is this: how much of the airspace over your private property do you control?

The other difficult question is this: how low are drones allowed to fly over your private property?

Go looking for answers. If you come back with some, bring sources, and don't be surprised if the two questions have answers that conflict with each other. Also, take notes on how high drones are allowed to fly as compared to how low they are allowed to fly over private property. State laws may apply in addition to federal laws.

Little children breaking the toys of other little children. :rolleyes: Thank goodness there's at least a legal system in place that can hold all the stupid little boys who are peeping toms or have a gun fetish violent streak accountable for their actions until enough of them push the rest of society far enough that we take away all their guns because they're not responsible enough to have them without shooting themselves or someone/something else.

Little children breaking the toys of other little children. :rolleyes: Thank goodness there's at least a legal system in place that can hold all the stupid little boys who are peeping toms or have a gun fetish violent streak accountable for their actions until enough of them push the rest of society far enough that we take away all their guns because they're not responsible enough to have them without shooting themselves or someone/something else.

I was wondering when you were going to bless us all with your toxic dribble in this one... Page 2??? Pfft..

So you're saying it's not childish to break each others' toys when we get upset with them? :confused:

For no reason? Sure. If someone consistently flys a drone around someone's property without permission or worse is using it to snoop on someone then no, not at all.

For no reason? Sure. If someone consistently flys a drone around someone's property without permission or worse is using it to snoop on someone then no, not at all.

That's cool. I can respect the difference of opinion. I mean, we've all got different limits about what's okay and what isn't okay which is why this is something that should get more attention.

Though I think the FAA or whatever already has pointed back to some legal stuff saying that it's not possible to legally shoot at things. Personally, I agree with them and think it'd be better to just call the police since shooting stuff on your own just runs the risk of escalating things out of control as there are so many idiots with guns out there.

More fear mongering for ammo sells...Need to remember to never buy anything from these people.

If you going to do something Illegal anyway, (and using this ammo in it's advertised manner IS illegal as hell, bring on them thar law-suits!) why not just build a jammer and bring the drone down in a Non loud explody sort of way. after all, The FCC is a lot less likely to shoot you than the ATF!

Magnetrons work if bringing one down is all you really want to do.

As said by others, this is just like the anti zombie ammo. A cool box for some pretty standard ammo.
Of course there will be some mouth breather somewhere that doesn't get the joke, and actually tries to use it for drone hunting.

No, he's saying we are surprised it took this long for you to comment in your unique, "get off my lawn you damn kids" old man sort of way.... :p

That's awesomeness! I think it's cool that, of all the ancient old grumpy guys around here, that I'm among the few voices of sanity and maturity. :D

1. Buy normal lead #71/2 to 9 birdshot on closeout at season's end for under $5 per 25 shell box.
2. Repackage into 5 round boxes labeled Anti Drone Ammo Specially Formulated to Ignore Drone's Magnetic Shielding.
3. Sell for $10 per box of 5.
4. Profit!

The difficult question is this: how much of the airspace over your private property do you control?

The other difficult question is this: how low are drones allowed to fly over your private property?

Go looking for answers. If you come back with some, bring sources, and don't be surprised if the two questions have answers that conflict with each other. Also, take notes on how high drones are allowed to fly as compared to how low they are allowed to fly over private property. State laws may apply in addition to federal laws.

In the US the FAA controls all airspace from the tops of the blades of grass on up. You control exactly no airspace over your private property. The federal laws on drones have been in constant flux over the last few years but generally it is legal for a "drone" (which they aren't because most aren't capable of autonomous flight) to fly in any airspace between about ground level and 500 feet so long as they aren't in national parks (where it is illegal to fly them at all) or within so many miles of airports (the distance has been pushed out more than once now). There are lots of other places the FAA would prefer you didn't fly your nifty new multi-rotor and they add new ones all the time. If you fire any weapon at a drone the FAA considers that the exact same as if you had shot at a helicopter or any other aircraft and they take that very seriously. State laws covering drones are pretty much non-existent as the FAA claimed dominion over them pretty early on. Frankly anyone concerned that any drone is spying on them is a moron unless that drone was literally hovering feet from one of their windows. There are far less conspicuous ways to keep tabs on someone. They're not spy satellites. Most of the cameras on them aspire to be high def. If you're concerned that someone is watching you with a drone on your private property, that's why states have peeping tom laws.

You know, I'm tempted to stick a gopro on my pulse jet and fly that up and down a beach. See what irritates people more, the drones or something 100x louder and to fast for normal people to shoot down.

Back