Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Any chance a i5-750@4.0 could make it? and how much memory do i need?
It has been my experience that a machine needs to do better than a ~4 minute TPF in standard A3 WUs to be fast enough for -bigadv bonus deadlines. I have two 8-core machines that achieve a few seconds over the 4 minute mark and they do over a one hour TPF with the P2684s. Therefore, they cannot make the bonus deadline with these WUs. I'm sure they can with every other -bigadv WUs but not the '84s, hence my grievance.Probably a bad idea. What do your standard A3 frame times tell you as far as making the deadline? I am guessing it won't.
Lots of discussion about this at the Stanford Folding Forum. I suspect this might drive Stanford to take a stand one way or the other in the near future.
Anyone have a normal frame time on a 6701 with an X6 at pushing 4 GHz?
Why do you want to do this when theres a shortage of bigadv WU and you're only talking about an extra 5kppd at most?
That must be with the fastest units. I can't imagine an X6 doing that kind of PPD with P2684s. I would expect closer to 20k if not lower with the '84s unless I'm totally underestimating what 6 cores can do. The thing about -bigadv is that we get nearly as many '84s as all other -bigadv units combined, if my experience is anything normal. IOW, close to a 50/50 chance what you'll receive will be an '84 if it's a -bigadv at all.correct me if i'm wrong though, i know someone somewhere said around 25k ppd
That must be with the fastest units. I can't imagine an X6 doing that kind of PPD with P2684s. I would expect closer to 20k if not lower with the '84s unless I'm totally underestimating what 6 cores can do. The thing about -bigadv is that we get nearly as many '84s as all other -bigadv units combined, if my experience is anything normal. IOW, close to a 50/50 chance what you'll receive will be an '84 if it's a -bigadv at all.
Oh definitely, I'm in total agreement. Even if the potential benefit was only a couple of thousand higher PPD I would still recommend it. Trust me, despite the fact I don't own an X6 I know exactly how everyone with these systems feels. I was only making rough estimations what PPD might be like. I could easily be wrong.Even if we only average 18K PPD on the slower WU's, it's still worth it to us. I am lucky to get 14k PPD out of the standard SMP client..
Mine is up to 3.9Ghz now, but I have to replace the RAM. This 1333mhz DDR3 is slowing things down and right now (luckily) I'm running a P6701 @ 8:40 which seems slow.
I have some 1600mhz G.Skill Ripjaws that I'll put in there in a few minutes.
You would knowingly harm the progress of the project for a couple thousand ppd!? That seems a bit, uh, twisted and sad.Oh definitely, I'm in total agreement. Even if the potential benefit was only a couple of thousand higher PPD I would still recommend it.
Excuse me?! Care to elaborate?You would knowingly harm the progress of the project for a couple thousand ppd!? That seems a bit, uh, twisted and sad.
that is slow, at 3.2 i wasnt that slow on a P6701....and my ram was at 1333.....something is up with yoru setup.