AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing I ordered the server bundle when I first saw this deal... the 19th seems so far away.

The " " might be an emphasis, saying there will be absolutely NO server bundles.

By the way, you got PM.

Just got back from Irvine, they said if you didn't pre-order than there is nothing they can do for you.

Ratfester said:
Just got back from Irvine, they said if you didn't pre-order than there is nothing they can do for you.

just came back too. asked the guy that gave me my bundles and he said same thing as well.

the 2 venice's i got are
LBBLE 0520FPMW
LBBLE 0518DPCW

the amd xp 3200+ came back into stock for the east brunswick NJ show. i just jumped on the deal. i think i might keep the mobo for my self and sell the CPU and OS on ebay or something.

Mr. Oneil-

There will be "no" Server bundles available and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you,

Marketbuilder

Tech Tour Team

what a bummer

I'd say this deal is pretty dead. I registered today for the July 19th Boston Mass one and all bundles are completely sold out. So, I can't imagine the earlier dates. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.
-Zilla

That's weird, on the main registration page there isn't any mention of the desktop bundle being out of stock.

Oh well, glad I ordered a bundle that I'll be picking up in Burbank tomorrow! :)

Just a reminder that the Tech Tour Bundles are not for sale per the rules you signed when making the purchase (TOS) and second this isn't FS/T forum even if they could be openly traded or sold. So as a gentle reminder of the rules, can the talk of bundle sales in the remainder of this thread, thanks.

Well in other news, did any of you have to pay for parking when you got to the venue?

Kevlarman said:
Well in other news, did any of you have to pay for parking when you got to the venue?

Nope, It was validated. But the guy @ the booth didnt care. LOL He said "AMD" and I went "yup" So he let us pass. He didnt even take the validated ticket.. :D

If you're going to the Burbank one tomorrow, could you post whether or not you got the mobo with the pci-e...

Wow, unbelievable, I just went on to order my desktop bundle, and they've sold out again already! Getting the bundle so cheap was allowing me to build my comp, now I may have to downgrade to a 3000+ socket 754. :( Unless I'm missing something, but when I clicked on the link after signing up it said they were sold out.

Garzilla05 said:
I'd say this deal is pretty dead. I registered today for the July 19th Boston Mass one and all bundles are completely sold out. So, I can't imagine the earlier dates. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.
-Zilla
*phew* I am glad I ordered mine when I did. Guess my GF is off the hook and I will go by myself.

seigejet said:
If you're going to the Burbank one tomorrow, could you post whether or not you got the mobo with the pci-e...

I would like to know aswell.

joeshmo1985 said:
Wow, unbelievable, I just went on to order my desktop bundle, and they've sold out again already! Getting the bundle so cheap was allowing me to build my comp, now I may have to downgrade to a 3000+ socket 754. :( Unless I'm missing something, but when I clicked on the link after signing up it said they were sold out.

Just save for a little while longer. You can get the money together after a few more weeks surely.

MajorDomo said:
Just a reminder that the Tech Tour Bundles are not for sale per the rules you signed when making the purchase (TOS) and second this isn't FS/T forum even if they could be openly traded or sold. So as a gentle reminder of the rules, can the talk of bundle sales in the remainder of this thread, thanks.

Just a friendly reminder from the previous page ;)

thanks for reminding me :)

ohhh 3 pms already... j/k. i guess i cant sell the opteron 246 that i won in the dallas tech tour. ;/

here goes ebay...

ezland00 said:
i'm selling both bundle
server$550+shipping
desktop$265+shipping

Sorry, no OS. already gave them alway

did you not read the quoted post just 2 above yours?

1. they're not for resale as per the terms of the agreement you signed to when you purchased them.

2. This isn't the FS/FT forum.

3.....you aren't reselling them...you....just....purchased them for a 3rd party that you haven't met yet ;)

ezland00 said:
i'm selling both bundle
server$550+shipping
desktop$265+shipping

Sorry, no OS. already gave them alway

do you take world of warcraft gold?

also, anyone know if they refund your money if you dont pick the bundle but ordered? im having second thoughts about going to the burbank show today as ill just make more money going to work... and i dont wanna deal with traffic around the LA area.

It's a 60 mile trip to Burbank from where I live. I get off work at 5PM, and I play on getting to the tour maybe 1.5 hours later. I just want to pick up my bundle, maybe get some leftover food, then go home.
:)

Kevlarman said:
maybe get some leftover food, then go home.
i'd be surprised if the chairs aren't half-eaten by 7pm ;)

I'm leaving in 2 hours... gonna hit the Burbank Fry's before registering.

Hmm that is great.

Sell me a $110 molex connector with a free 3200 venice.

that should be legal.

lol

~carlo

with the desktop bundle, I thought the A8N-E needed registered memory? :confused: or was that just the server bundle?

I still need a PCI-E video card :eek:

Just got back from the Burbank show! As stated previously, traffic going there was nil; I left work at 5PM, got there at 5:55PM. Dinner was already in progress, so it was a snap for me to register and get my bundle.

I also got two shirts from Microsoft, a Tyan ballpoint pen, and some flyers... the food was great! Hot wings, roast beef, pasta, breadsticks, soda, water, coffee! Yum!

I ended up getting a LBBLE 0518DPCW Venice. I saw the people getting the server bundle; those Opterons come in cool boxes!

Woo!

G-daddy said:
with the desktop bundle, I thought the A8N-E needed registered memory? :confused: or was that just the server bundle?

I still need a PCI-E video card :eek:

Only Opteron mobos require Registered memory. The A8N-E can use either kind.

i dress like a pimped out azn, baggy jeans, k-swiss shoes, long black polo ralph lauren shit with teh bling bling of course, cant go out without them bling blings.

at the end of the day, the most bling-est thing i was carrying was a free opteron 246, which if course anyone can offer to buy *ahem* *ahem*

anyway most of the guys there had business casual, kakh/jeans pants with polo shirt.

seigejet said:
too lazy to weed through the posts :rolleyes: but what's the dress code, business casual?

there is no dress code.

just show up there with what you'd normally wear. (that is of course with reason... :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back