AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
joeshmo1985 said:
Would've grabbed the desktop bundle immediately had the funds been available at the time. :(

Right, that makes sense. I was fortunate enough to have grabbed both in time. However, the tech tour doesn't have that many dates left before its over, and I don't think there will be any more bundles. Just the ones for the pre-paid.
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
Am I the only one who saw the bundles and grabbed them immediately knowing how popular they'd be? I bought mine almost a month in advance. I knew this was going to be the case.

yes
I new it would be sold out, They said so on the site. and I ALWAYS miss out on great deals. So this time I got help. I had a client that needed a server within amonths time. Took the opportunity to get him to prepay some cash. Boom instant server.

I forsaw this problem and jumped on it a week or two after it was posted(had to gather the cash)
 
NecessaryEvil said:
Even thoug there's no paperwork or information siting 5 client licenses??

Exactly...I even asked one of the Microsoft reps there and they said it included ZERO client licenses.

Now, if someone knows something more than I do....PLEASE for the love of god share!
 
I'm hoping that by the last day (July 21st NJ) they restock some. Even though the DFI board I'd get instead is better, this would save me lots of $$.
 
Bah, what I really wanted was the processor for cheap. Shame you're not offering that for $100. :D
 
joeshmo1985 said:
Bah, what I really wanted was the processor for cheap. Shame you're not offering that for $100. :D


damn when is that ram gonna arrive. I wanna fire this beast up
 
All I am lacking to fire up my Opteron machine is the Opteron's themselves.
 
darktiger said:
You got served.....


No...actually...I got served....TWICE!!

As far as I can tell...MY posts were the ONLY ones in this thread to get deleted for offering sale of the server bundle or the desktop mobo. WTF?? :mad:

I went back and counted atleast a dozen requests and offers for sale.

Who did I piss off to warranty such special treatment? :confused:
 
FatBastard said:
Who did I piss off to warranty such special treatment? :confused:

it says which moderator (or admin) deleted your post where your post originally was.
 
wow this tech tour was rather lame
it was nothing like the 2002 one
this one was more dedicated to business people while the one three years ago was more towards everyone including gamers

atleast i a free usb hub
hooray
schwag is great
 
Kinda agree.

The AMD even in the Hanger (Atlanta) of two years ago was MUCH better. I think that event didn't have the Professional lean as this one did.

Anyway, as you said...free schwag is always nice. =)
 
FatBastard said:
Kinda agree.

The AMD even in the Hanger (Atlanta) of two years ago was MUCH better. I think that event didn't have the Professional lean as this one did.

Anyway, as you said...free schwag is always nice. =)

Well the dually Opteron setup is why I am going. I've pre-paid and I am ready to go.
 
Now to find someone who could pick 3 of the server bundles up for me and ship em to UK....
 
Zxcs said:
Now to find someone who could pick 3 of the server bundles up for me and ship em to UK....

One problem with that,... well two,... actually mebbe three.

1) Any person can only pick up one of each bundle (one desktop and one server) So you would have to find three people.

2) They are currently sold out. You will have to wait for them to restock (if they do), or find three people that have already gotten them and are selling them on ebay (not such a good deal)

3) Wouldn't the customs duties on them kinda kill the deal,...

You were prolley kidding,... but i wouldn't want you to fruitlessly search.
 
TheTMan said:
One problem with that,... well two,... actually mebbe three.

1) Any person can only pick up one of each bundle (one desktop and one server) So you would have to find three people.

2) They are currently sold out. You will have to wait for them to restock (if they do), or find three people that have already gotten them and are selling them on ebay (not such a good deal)

3) Wouldn't the customs duties on them kinda kill the deal,...

You were prolley kidding,... but i wouldn't want you to fruitlessly search.
I wasn't kidding. Getting the 3 people would be the hard part, as long as they were packaged in a large box, customs would probably leave them alone, but even with tax it is much cheaper than you can get over here in the UK.
 
Ur gonna have to find people that have already ordered and are willing to sell, cause for the time being there aren't anymore bundles to be ordered. But check ebay, there are definately savings to be had there.
 
still need someone to pick up a couple 3200's for me, ill pay 610 for both shipped./... and even 1 server if i can!!! pls mn or msg me
 
unreal said:
still need someone to pick up a couple 3200's for me, ill pay 610 for both shipped./... and even 1 server if i can!!! pls mn or msg me
610 for both bundles when both bundles cost 750? :confused:
 
A small question to anyone who has been to Techtour already - do they just need to see your credit card, or do they actually have to swipe it?

My account is frozen at the moment because of fraud concerns/paranoia about unwanted charges that will be made in the next few days, and I might close it before the date of my techtour event.

Thanks.
 
BillLeeLee said:
A small question to anyone who has been to Techtour already - do they just need to see your credit card, or do they actually have to swipe it?

My account is frozen at the moment because of fraud concerns/paranoia about unwanted charges that will be made in the next few days, and I might close it before the date of my techtour event.

Thanks.

they check credit card for you name only
no swipe
 
FatBastard said:
Kinda agree.

The AMD even in the Hanger (Atlanta) of two years ago was MUCH better. I think that event didn't have the Professional lean as this one did.

Anyway, as you said...free schwag is always nice. =)


the hanger was so much better
more space to walk around
more stuff to get your hands on

this was just for big server people

is the usb hub 2.0 ... i still havent tried it ...
 
Hyper_Psycho said:
the hanger was so much better
more space to walk around
more stuff to get your hands on

this was just for big server people

is the usb hub 2.0 ... i still havent tried it ...

Yeah...I loved the guy talking as if we all had accounts with huge server farms and shit like that....I mean wtf...there may have been ONE person in there who had million dollar accounts like he was talking. :confused:

Also thought it funny the guy in one breath said the clock race was over...but was certain to point out they were the first to 1ghz. Funny shit.
 
SupaDupaNerd said:
Man i'm glad i pulled the trigger right after learning about this. Irvine in 8 days! :D

Same here. I bought the bundle the day I signed up for the thing.
 
FatBastard said:
Yeah...I loved the guy talking as if we all had accounts with huge server farms and shit like that....I mean wtf...there may have been ONE person in there who had million dollar accounts like he was talking. :confused:

Also thought it funny the guy in one breath said the clock race was over...but was certain to point out they were the first to 1ghz. Funny shit.

definetly
there was some business bs in there
and most people were ok with it since they did not notice the marketing blah blah
 
Sure better have my shit when to get to Ivrine, or I'm going to be pissed.
 
RonB said:
Sure better have my shit when to get to Ivrine, or I'm going to be pissed.
I'm sure they care if a group of nerds are pissed that they are sold out of an excellent bundle that you will eventually get.
 
anouther email from amd, a hint of hope.
Mr. -----


For now please check with us at the end of the week, as we are working diligently on replenishing our inventory for these bundles.



Thank you,



Marketbuilder

Tech Tour Team
 
honestly guys,

I expect AMD to pull through and get more of these bundles.. why not? It is great marketing and they are able to come across to the enthusiasts as 'cool fellas'
 
drizzt81 said:
honestly guys,

I expect AMD to pull through and get more of these bundles.. why not? It is great marketing and they are able to come across to the enthusiasts as 'cool fellas'

I don't think they really mean to sell the bundle at steep discount to a bunch of enthusiasts. Their goal is to get the systems into the hands of system builders so they can try it out and promote the platform.
 
Either way getting their products into people's hands is important. We are still paying for them. MS gives out their OS for free all the time. After you take that out the $250 you pay pretty much covers the hardware. Clearly, I don't think their intentions are to give them to enthusiasts but it's certainly not going to hurt their image...not to mention market share is always a good thing.
 
GlimmerMan said:
I don't think they really mean to sell the bundle at steep discount to a bunch of enthusiasts. Their goal is to get the systems into the hands of system builders so they can try it out and promote the platform.

What better way to promote it than get it into the hands of a bunch of [H]ard enthusiasts? :)
 
drizzt81 said:
honestly guys,

I expect AMD to pull through and get more of these bundles.. why not? It is great marketing and they are able to come across to the enthusiasts as 'cool fellas'

Its not just AMD that's responsible for this. Someone has to lose money to do this. Tyan, Asus, AMD and Microsoft all have to cough up product for this.

Whats more than likely the case here is that AMD or Microsoft are footing the bill to the other vendors for the cost of all the hardware and software. So Tyan and Asus probably aren't loosing money here. Its probably AMD and Microsoft since they are sponsering the event.

The idea here is to give out bundles that will allow builders, retail sales and business sales people a chance for some first hand experience with the hardware and software to allow them to promote it better. First hand knowledge can really help drive sales when the sales people have first hand product knowledge.

So its kind of like paying for advertising. However, since someones got to lose money here, they don't want to sell off to many of these costly bundles to too many people. Or worse yet, bundle so many of them and have more than they can unload. Which would give them a surplus of hardware thats not selling. Not to say they couldn't unload quite a few of these bundles. Eventually though, it doesn't make sense to offer to many of them.

Its better for them to underbuy these things and give them to fewer people. Than to offer them to more people than can take advantage of the deal.
 
Well; Tyan did get a sale off of me...I did buy their K8WE. Same for you, Frag.
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
Its not just AMD that's responsible for this. Someone has to lose money to do this. Tyan, Asus, AMD and Microsoft all have to cough up product for this.

quick aside: The cost of manufacturing WinXP and Win2K3 is pretty close to 0. Opterons are server products, so the margin is pretty big, and once again, manufacturing is vrey cheap in comparison to the development costs.

I really doubt that anyone is loosing money on this. They might be earning less than if this had sold retail, but there is no 'red ink' on the bundles.

As to 'buying too many' I definetely agree with that problem.

[edit for spelling]
 
I agree It is unlikely that manufacturers are losing money on bundle sales. And the sales to those of us attending these events are insignificant in number. Digitimes reports the four first tier mobo makers alone (ECS, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte) ship more than 6 million mobos every month.
 
NecessaryEvil said:
Well; Tyan did get a sale off of me...I did buy their K8WE. Same for you, Frag.

Yeah, that hit the wallet hard. It should be worth it. Its the most badass mobo I could find.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top