AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

toddm27 said:
well I just dropped the hammer on another 165 :D , maybe I'll get another 0608 :cool:

did u manage to sell your other one i saw floating around the forsale section?

Hopefully anybody who ordered from Thursday on like me will be getting 0610. I would say you have a real good chance if you ordered this weekend.

aarong50 said:
Hopefully anybody who ordered from Thursday on like me will be getting 0610. I would say you have a real good chance if you ordered this weekend.
i ordered same day. ordered mine at liek 12 in the afternoon. hope u didnt take my 0610!!!! :mad:

don't worry, you will at least break even, and thats if you get a bad stepping, a good stepping will bring 75-100 more than you paid

Fuse said:
OT: DX10 cards will be compatible with current motherboards, wont they?
yup, pci-express just like the rest of them.

back on topic:

I ordered my Opteron 146 on Wednesday night (the 19th) and Monarch still hasn't shipped it :( what's taking so long?

Just ordered another. I hope second time is a charm.... If not then im just gonna run it at 2,5 and call it a day.

Bad news for me after finally getting my CPU 28 days after my mobo I find out that the motherboard is dead :( I hope it is anyway rather that than the CPU. Sending it back today to newegg RMA dept. Anyone had any dead opterons from monarch? I really hope its my mobo not my processor.

aarong50 said:
Bad news for me after finally getting my CPU 28 days after my mobo I find out that the motherboard is dead :( I hope it is anyway rather that than the CPU. Sending it back today to newegg RMA dept. Anyone had any dead opterons from monarch? I really hope its my mobo not my processor.

DOA cpus are very rare, should be esp. rare with opteron chips, since they are designed for a server enviroment.

Alot of times, with these newer setups, you have to boot with 1 ram stick in, then flash bios to latest. What mobo did you have btw?

Abit an8 32x it wouldnt post at all. Just kept getting the error 9.0 after researching and testing every possible way the only solution is to rma it. I guess its a bad bios chip.

aarong50 said:
Abit an8 32x it wouldnt post at all. Just kept getting the error 9.0 after researching and testing every possible way the only solution is to rma it. I guess its a bad bios chip.
damn dude, bad bios chips are a bitch, hehe

Ok, so I finally pulled the trigger on a 165, to go in my Asus AN8-SLI Deluxe. I've got an E3 3000+ running in it right now at a FSB of 260, it hard locks after a few minutes in Windows at 265.

aldy402 said:
has it been confirmed that all the 0607s have already been unloaded already?

I sure do hope so..because I got one of them and I just orderend another 165....I don't feel like having two 0607s, i'd cry...no i really will

looks like most r ccbbe's but i wonder... will there b any new oem steppings coming out? things that perform like CCB1E? :D

Doubt it but yea. Hopefully i don't get stuck w/ a crappy CCBWE :rolleyes:

just bit the bullet and ordered a 165... ill be sure to post stepping once it arrives..

now i just gotta sell a ton of crap to afford a mobo, vid card, case and ram.

I just got off the phone with monarch. They say they just got a new shipment of Opteron 165s in today, and mine should be shipping out ASAP. I ordered Friday, but I guess they were out of stock until now.

neo17262 said:
I just got off the phone with monarch. They say they just got a new shipment of Opteron 165s in today, and mine should be shipping out ASAP. I ordered Friday, but I guess they were out of stock until now.

If it's a new shipment of crapstep 0607, then we're all screwed. lol

n19htmare said:
If it's a new shipment of crapstep 0607, then we're all screwed. lol

Don't talk like that... If that happens, I might have to cry as well... If it is a brand new never before seen stepping that would be OK with me...

The MOMENT someone gets a chip from this new shipment, please post. I am very eager to see whats coming

I had a feeling a new shipment was coming in. After there was no update to my order status on Monday, I could only hope.. and voila. Mine will be coming on the 27th! As always, will keep everyone posted before I even pop it in my machine. ;) If it is a 0551UPMW, I won't even bother with it. grrr

OverclockingGuru said:
0551 >>> 0607 :eek: Thats how bad 0607 is

I can't even get my 0607's to pass prime @ stock speeds and voltage. Core 0 on both 0607's craps out after ~1 hour. I am RMA'ing these chips. Not to mention they are reaching ridiculous temps (50C+ under load at stock speeds).

cre3d said:
I can't even get my 0607's to pass prime @ stock speeds and voltage. Core 0 on both 0607's craps out after ~1 hour. I am RMA'ing these chips. Not to mention they are reaching ridiculous temps (50C+ under load at stock speeds).
:eek:

cre3d said:

Sorry about that. At least you'll get a bunch of new chips. How many trays did you order? 0607 would be nightmarish for me. I have a chip coming on Thursday and Friday. How cool is that. :D The one on Friday will be my other 0608MPMW, and hopefully this new batch will be the first of its kind to hit the scene. I don't care if the batch sucks or not. It would be easier to sell as eBayers have (well, knowing how they are) been patiently waiting to get a bargain on a new stepping. It could be good for us, guys. lol :D

it'd be nice to think that Monarch is reserving the good steppings for us [H]'ers to keep us coming back for more :D

its possible, they do have a survey at the checkout that says "how did you hear about us" :D

0608 has been out for about a month and we're all doing 2.8-3ghz on stock or near stock voltage

0608 is probably the top stepping so far

OverclockingGuru said:
I got my definite 0608 for $350, Im happy :)

I saw that price and was pretty surprised. That was a great deal. I would have been pissed if I was the seller. :D

Back