AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

I got my 165, but I am having problems. Before shutting computer down to install new processor I changed the cpu driver to multiprocessor instead of uniprocessor. I installed the chip, cleared CMOS, and booted it. It goes to the windows loading screen and when it is done loading the screen goes black and that is it. Do I have to format just to change to dual core? If so that sucks...any way to get around it?

Thanks,
Jared

MaStA819 said:
I got my 165, but I am having problems. Before shutting computer down to install new processor I changed the cpu driver to multiprocessor instead of uniprocessor. I installed the chip, cleared CMOS, and booted it. It goes to the windows loading screen and when it is done loading the screen goes black and that is it. Do I have to format just to change to dual core? If so that sucks...any way to get around it?

Thanks,
Jared
All you do is uninstall the single core CPU and stick the dual core in, you dont mess with drivers.

im thinking about buying the 165 off of craigslist for 280.. he says that since its in an OEM box, u cant tell if its opened or not, but assures me that its new. is he telling the truth? is there any way you can tell if the CPU has been used or not?

brianoh said:
im thinking about buying the 165 off of craigslist for 280.. he says that since its in an OEM box, u cant tell if its opened or not, but assures me that its new. is he telling the truth? is there any way you can tell if the CPU has been used or not?

not the place for this.

there is no way you can tell, if he does a good job covering it up. so assume its used. your best bet would be to wait until new monarch codes are up.

the guy could be selling you a poor ocer.

Well I ended up formatting...and it sucked. I lost some stuff I wish I had backed up, but that is the game I guess you have to play. Anyhow it is working great. Again I got a Opteron 165 with a stepping of CCB1E 0606VPMW.

Jared

CompGeek said:
Ive only seeen 0602 and 0604. This should be interesting.

I'm interested to see what you're getting out of your 0543TPMW. :confused: Cough up the goods, CG!! ;)

got my Opty 165 today with my Asus A8N-VM CSM andT hermaltake CL-P0075 K450.
The stepping is 0606VPMW. :D

I wonder how far this will go..

just got my 146 today ordered on last wednesday.

wonder if its good. been computerless for like 4 days now.
CAB2E 0604EPAW

was expecting the same as the guy above CACJE 0605GPMW? since he ordered before me but i got the older week code owell.

EDIT?

um are my temp sensors out of wack? it says im at 53 load? stock everything.

xp-90 here. with a pretty thin coat of AS5 i used a razor blade to smear it.

only had it for like 20 mins so im priming stable so far 2.6 on stock volts.

EDIT 2.8 so far stock volts @ 55c?

u tell me plz. even everest is saying 55 would it even be stable at 2.8 at 55C?

cant get my cool and quiet to work either owell ill report back with anyhting new.

tvdang7 said:
u tell me plz. even everest is saying 55 would it even be stable at 2.8 at 55C?

cant get my cool and quiet to work either owell ill report back with anyhting new.
i thought upping the voltage results in higher temps more than higher clock speed.

jcll2002 said:
i thought upping the voltage results in higher temps more than higher clock speed.

both does. i was just saying im in the 50's stock speeds and stock volts and im there with 2.8 ghz with stock volts.

tvdang7 said:
both does. i was just saying im in the 50's stock speeds and stock volts and im there with 2.8 ghz with stock volts.
well, thats really nice actually :D I wish the 165 Im getting will get there.

crispyb said:
got my Opty 165 today with my Asus A8N-VM CSM andT hermaltake CL-P0075 K450.
The stepping is 0606VPMW. :D

I wonder how far this will go..

Hey, 0606VPMW, CCB1E eh, tell us how it OCs man

ok it turns out that my heatsink wasnt making such great contact (around the edges but not t he middle) im now at 44 idle instead of 52 ish . but my CNQ still isnt working.!!

Thought I'd post my experience, I ordered a 165 on Wednesday the 15th with three day shipping. It shipped out Friday with two day shipping, and I received it today (Tuesday the 21st). Stepping is CCB1E 0606VPMW. Overall I'm very happy.

Someone post the results of their CCB1E VPMW's. I'm very interested to see the results. :)

I ordered my 165 on Saturday, March 11 with 2-day delivery and received it Monday, March 20th! Even though I could whine and gripe about the delay (I felt like doing that before I received the processor), I forgot all about it once I got the processor.I got an 0551UPMW, so although it maybe could have been a better overall experience, I'm still happy with it. Currently Prime95'ing at 2.2ghz, taking baby steps.

*begs to the Monarch Gods* I need my dual core Opteron fix. :( I can't believe I missed it by like a day.

what a silly store, i ordered my opty 170 + a case and psu on the 15th, the status is still in the warehouse processing, this is pretty sad.

man i feel bad for u. u need to be compensated some how..... discount, overnight shipping ,something.

JamesWong said:
what a silly store, i ordered my opty 170 + a case and psu on the 15th, the status is still in the warehouse processing, this is pretty sad.

Ouch, this is why I just ordered a retail 170 from newegg two weeks ago instead. I ended up getting lucky on a good stepping so I'm happy. Plus I'm happy with the stock HSF.

JamesWong said:
Yea the reason i only ordered here was for the coupon, but it looks like the little saving was not worth it, it will be the last item i purchase at monarch, unless they set it right, which i am doubting now, as they dont even reply to emails.
Perhaps I am mistaken

JamesWong said:

dont feel bad, mine is still processing and I ordered the 13th:( :(

Screw Monarch Computer. I had ordered my 165 last week, and after reading reviews of the site ON this site I cancelled the order.

One week later, no money returned. I called and asked why my refund has not been processed and they said it takes THREE TO SIX WEEKS FOR REFUND.

I am fixing to threaten them with chargeback.. this is completely unbelievable. I asked why it takes so long.. and all I got was "this is just our policy". WELL FUCK THAT. That was my first.. and my last experience with monarchcomputer.com. Sure it was a great deal on the processor, but I am not going to buy it and have to wait two to three weeks for it to arrive.

Dear Monarch,

THREE TO SIX WEEKS FOR A REFUND IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

50Stang said:
Screw Monarch Computer. I had ordered my 165 last week, and after reading reviews of the site ON this site I cancelled the order.

One week later, no money returned. I called and asked why my refund has not been processed and they said it takes THREE TO SIX WEEKS FOR REFUND.

I am fixing to threaten them with chargeback.. this is completely unbelievable. I asked why it takes so long.. and all I got was "this is just our policy". WELL FUCK THAT. That was my first.. and my last experience with monarchcomputer.com. Sure it was a great deal on the processor, but I am not going to buy it and have to wait two to three weeks for it to arrive.

Dear Monarch,

THREE TO SIX WEEKS FOR A REFUND IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.
Thank you for your very eloquent comments, I would be happy to help in any way I can, please follow the instructions in my signature. Any and all questions regarding orders with Monarch Computer must be submitted to [email protected] you may also C.C. [email protected]. We will not discuss these issues in the open forums.

CompGeek said:
Man, get Mr. Monarch on your order number and your issues are gone :)

indeed, I think almost every "issue" in this thread has been resolved by Mr. M, give him a chance:)

My 165 has been ordered. This is my first order with Monarch, so I look foward to seeing how it goes. :) Sneak me in a good overclocker, Mr. Monarch. ;) :cool:

mr monarch, can you offer the 165 and 170 coupon soon? Im purchasing on or after April 2nd so I want the coupons to work then ;)

Back