AMD RYZEN 7 2700 on Sale $225 - RYZEN 5 2600 $170

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
100 dollars or more cheaper than intel equivalent. Very impressive, hard to make the justification for staying with intel at this point for anyone from gamers to content creators.

Uggggggggghffffuck. I may just buy this and let it sit for a while. My rig needs an update (FC8320 and AMD 290) but I’ve just been too wishy washy on on spending the money on a PC I’ll likely neglect. (Throwing cash at paying off car and truck (success) and dunebuggy work).

But this deal is too good of a starting point.

Fuck. Did it, now on order along with a gigabyte x470. I guess I’ll just need Ram and a video card one of these days. Luckily I’m going back out of town for overtime work. Makes waiting easy.

Also Amazon incorrectly lists 2700 as a 65W part when compared to similar products.

Last edited:
Damn good deal people! This CPU is just as good as a 2700x, specially if you get those memory timing really low. I got this CPU at a $255 price and I thought it was a steal. DO NOT hesitate on this one!

Also Amazon incorrectly lists 2700 as a 65W part when compared to similar products.
It is a 65W TDP part. To quote myself from our Overclocking Review....

The AMD Ryzen 7 2700 is the non-X version of the 2700X. So what does the 2700 not have that the 2700X does?

The simple takeaway is that the 2700 is clocked a bit lower, and is rated at a much lower TDP of 65W compared to the 105W of the 2700X. The 2700 still has a full 8 cores and 16 threads at your disposal.

I put a $299 2700x from NewEgg (decent price) on a $120 Crosshair VI Hero that I got [H]ere in the FS/T forum (an absolute steal) to replace an Asus Prime B350-Plus mainboard - Beautiful, works great.

Christ, AMD is going balls out.

Balls out is an interesting expression. It's related to one of the first automated control systems.

Steam engines sometimes had problems regulating speed. A series of balls attached to arms would spin in circles driven by the the engine. If the pressure/speed dropped the balls would actually drop. This pushed a linked control rod down creating more steam. More steam means greater pressure and faster pistons.

When the balls were fully out you were a flying at full speed.

God my head is full of useless crap

Balls out is an interesting expression. It's related to one of the first automated control systems.

Steam engines sometimes had problems regulating speed. A series of balls attached to arms would spin in circles driven by the the engine. If the pressure/speed dropped the balls would actually drop. This pushed a linked control rod down creating more steam. More steam means greater pressure and faster pistons.

When the balls were fully out you were a flying at full speed.

God my head is full of useless crap

But interesting no the less.

Back