AMD ReLive versus NVIDIA ShadowPlay Performance

Are these specifically limited to 16:9 resolutions? Just asking because that is all that is mentioned and very specifically mentioned at that.

This works at 21:9 - I have tons of ShadowPlay recordings at 3440x1440. Finding free software that can edit that resolution and export it while maintaining that aspect ratio is far more difficult.

Just remember folks, watching your recorded gaming moments isn't that exciting.

So don't go to too much effort.

I have had some seriously funny / epic gaming moments to share. Maybe if you play solo that doesn't happen that much, but I almost always play with a group of 2-7 other people and we like to share & edit clips amongst the group. Sharing the clips allows some of the people who couldn't be there that night to share in the fun.

I think it is also clear that we are not alone in this by the sheer number of montage clips and funny video collections out there on Youtube that regularly get a lot of views.

Lol!! Yeah, I didn't install relive because I don't need proof how bad I suck at gaming, even if that is all I do.

If I find a game that I really want to improve at, I often record the gameplay and review it to see where I made mistakes. It is often easy to spot behavior that you didn't realize that you were consistently doing that was leading to deaths or obvious errors.

I started doing that in Destiny 1 when I decided I wanted to improve and bring my K/D up for Trials. It became obvious after reviewing footage that I was peeking places I shouldn't be, challenging fights when I was at a disadvantage, and out of position on many occasions. After a few months of reviewing the footage and making some changes, I more than doubled my K/D and massively improved my awareness / game sense.

This works at 21:9 - I have tons of ShadowPlay recordings at 3440x1440. Finding free software that can edit that resolution and export it while maintaining that aspect ratio is far more difficult.

I have had some seriously funny / epic gaming moments to share. Maybe if you play solo that doesn't happen that much, but I almost always play with a group of 2-7 other people and we like to share & edit clips amongst the group. Sharing the clips allows some of the people who couldn't be there that night to share in the fun.

I think it is also clear that we are not alone in this by the sheer number of montage clips and funny video collections out there on Youtube that regularly get a lot of views.

If I find a game that I really want to improve at, I often record the gameplay and review it to see where I made mistakes. It is often easy to spot behavior that you didn't realize that you were consistently doing that was leading to deaths or obvious errors.

I started doing that in Destiny 1 when I decided I wanted to improve and bring my K/D up for Trials. It became obvious after reviewing footage that I was peeking places I shouldn't be, challenging fights when I was at a disadvantage, and out of position on many occasions. After a few months of reviewing the footage and making some changes, I more than doubled my K/D and massively improved my awareness / game sense.

Yep I did that with Destiny 2 and the crucible. Was having a tough time keeping above 2/1 K/D ratio and did exactly what ya stated, recorded a few sessions and saw what I was doing wrong.

Reactions: Fleat
like this

The long winter nights must just fly by! :LOL:

Putting AMD and Nvidia results on separate pages was not the best of ideas, and diminishes the usefulness of a comparison. I just looked at the first two AMD results, realized the irritating format, and then just went straight to the conclusion.

Yet, I am sitting here thinking my 1080p games are just fine. You guys are like performance mechanics, always striving for that extra performance!

Back