AMD Quietly Scuttles Gaming Evolved

HardOCP News

[H] News
What in the world is going on at AMD these days? PCWorld has confirmation from AMD that the company has "quietly scuttled Gaming Evolved." The full statement from AMD reads as follows:

“Starting September 12th 2016, AMD is no longer bundling the 'AMD Gaming Evolved App' by Raptr with builds of Radeon Software. The application will still work. AMD will cease to undertake any compatibility testing, install support or general technical support for this application, nor will it be available through Radeon Software or its installer. Previous builds of Radeon Software that include the 'AMD Gaming Evolved App' dated before September 12th 2016 will remain intact and will not be affected.”

Apparently 20% of the market isn't enough to try creating your own gaming tweak platform.

This actually makes me more likely to give Team Red a try on an upcoming build....

good riddance to trash.
There was at least one popup of some sort and I uninstalled and kept it gone.

hehe yeah I just typed what wanted to say in there ;)

Less is more in this case ;)

i feel like this company just does not care about a specific market anymore. there's like no motivation to keep it up, on some emo shit...

I really hate all that extra craps they bundled with driver.. give me a core drive packaged and then all the bloatware on the side TY.

Apparently 20% of the market isn't enough to try creating your own gaming tweak platform.

to be honest they never actually took advantage of it the way they should of, the program ran terribly and the overlay had to many problems with their own drivers..

I noticed it yesterday when installing the updated drivers, all I can say is...

Good Riddance !!!

The damn thing acted like a Virus when it first came out (snuck it's way in, hid itself, and took inter-webs research to figure out how to remove it completely).

I never used that program so no loss to me. However, I also never used the Geforce Experience except to update drivers and that was it. However, unlike AMD's Crimson Control Panel, which has a lot of functionality, Nvidia's control panel is a barren wasteland so the Geforce Experience is needed.

Raptr is buggy garbage that was sold to AMD as an answer to Nvidia's Geforce Experience. They branded it as the "Gaming Evolved" app. Hopefully dropping it will save them some cash, it's not like it was selling any more Radeon cards.

As for Nvidia, I'm waiting for all the features of the control panel to migrate over to Geforce Experience.

GOOD. That useless software I don't even use caused me problems when it first came out, so with every forced driver update I made sure as hell it was unticked.

Good riddance. Now if we can get NVidia gets rid of their analogous app.

These platforms are all part of AMD and nV's strategy to force you to create profiles, track you, limit modifications, cross-sell to you etc. It's been sheparded in under the auspices of "better user experience", but really this stuff that make marketing and data scientists within nV and AMD mouths water.

I don't understand the above comments. The app was always optional to install. You just had to untick a box during install. Why it is made out to be such an annoyance is beyond me. When they first bundled it I tried it. I even liked it but ultimately it had no purpose. Just as Geforce Experience has no purpose to me. I just didn't install it later, but even when it was installed it caused no problems. So I don't understand why some act like the mere existence of the app gave them ptsd.

I don't understand the above comments. The app was always optional to install. You just had to untick a box during install. Why it is made out to be such an annoyance is beyond me. When they first bundled it I tried it. I even liked it but ultimately it had no purpose. Just as Geforce Experience has no purpose to me. I just didn't install it later, but even when it was installed it caused no problems. So I don't understand why some act like the mere existence of the app gave them ptsd.
The internet is full of special snow flakes.

Only thing positive about it to me is that it allows them to spend more money and effort on per game driver optimizations as well as general driver optimizations.

What in the world is going on at AMD these days? PCWorld has confirmation from AMD that the company has "quietly scuttled Gaming Evolved." The full statement from AMD reads as follows:

“Starting September 12th 2016, AMD is no longer bundling the 'AMD Gaming Evolved App' by Raptr with builds of Radeon Software. The application will still work. AMD will cease to undertake any compatibility testing, install support or general technical support for this application, nor will it be available through Radeon Software or its installer. Previous builds of Radeon Software that include the 'AMD Gaming Evolved App' dated before September 12th 2016 will remain intact and will not be affected.”
I posted this thread a bit before this one :)

AMD kills off "Gaming Evolved"

Might want to merge them or however that works.

Finally. That software was becoming increasingly more annoying. I avoided it completely for the last year or so as it started to allow pop-ups without any way to disable them (That used to be an option). One of the many, many reasons I finally just started to phase out all my AMD graphics cards.

They're going to make their own with their yearly December driver release (or perhaps early next year with Vega)... It seems obvious.

Besides, nobody liked the app.

Nothing is more annoying than bloatware that's bundled with drivers. Nvidia and AMD are both guilty.

The general masses love GFE, AMD will make their own.

I dont use it except on my laptop.

GFE is one thing, Gaming Evolved entirely another,

I never used that program so no loss to me. However, I also never used the Geforce Experience except to update drivers and that was it. However, unlike AMD's Crimson Control Panel, which has a lot of functionality, Nvidia's control panel is a barren wasteland so the Geforce Experience is needed.

Nvidia control panel has it's uses if your on a laptop, or SLi.

well this blows... everyone has nearly saved enough points to buy the hardware (or at least i have) so of coarse they will stop supporting it...

well this blows... everyone has nearly saved enough points to buy the hardware (or at least i have) so of coarse they will stop supporting it...
It was an add-on tweaking program, support for any hardware was not dropped.

The internet is full of special snow flakes.
I started using Raptr because of the issues I have had with OBS - especially since I did NOT have the GPU/CPU horsepower that OBS still requires (compared to Raptr). Further, Raptr can still be used with any streaming software that supports OBS - including Twitch.
When I rebuilt my desktop, I simply moved from Gaming Evolved to Raptr for Intel (same account structure, so I lost nothing); also, my current nVidia GPU doesn't support ShadowPlay (and I have no idea if GTX1050Ti will, either)

It caused more problems than it "fixed". I don't think many people will be shedding tears over that POS software going bye-bye.

Back